Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rand just sold out on Kavanaugh

Rand just sold out on Kavanaugh

He just posted it on his Facebook page... lame.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

https://www.facebook.com/SenatorRand...33336106719182

After meeting Judge Kavanaugh and reviewing his record, I have decided to support his nomination.

No one will ever completely agree with a nominee (unless, of course, you are the nominee). Each nominee, however, must be judged on the totality of their views, character, and opinions.

I have expressed my concern over Judge Kavanaugh’s record on warrantless bulk collection of data and how that might apply to very important privacy cases before the Supreme Court.

In reviewing his record on other privacy cases like Jones, and through my conversation with him, I have hope that in light of the new precedent in Carpenter v. United States, Judge Kavanaugh will be more open to a Fourth Amendment that protects digital records and property.

Of course, my vote is not a single-issue vote, and much of my reading and conversation has been in trying to figure out exactly how good Judge Kavanaugh will be on other issues before the Court.

My conversation with Judge Kavanaugh reinforces my belief that he will evaluate cases before the Supreme Court from a textual and originalist point of view.

I believe he will carefully adhere to the Constitution and will take his job to protect individual liberty seriously.

On issues such as property rights and reining in the administrative state, Judge Kavanaugh has a strong record and showed a deep commitment during our meeting. His views on due process and mens rea show a thoughtful approach to the law and its applications. His views on war powers and separation of powers are encouraging.

Finally, his strong defenses of the First and Second Amendments in landmark cases show someone who isn’t afraid to challenge the status quo and will fight with backbone. Judge Kavanaugh will have my support and my vote to confirm him to the Supreme Court.

(Same as above, twitter reply format)

Last edited by dannno; 07-30-2018 at 09:55 AM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

So the end result is that a Democrat or two won’t be forced to vote to confirm Kavanaugh.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I don't care that he's voting for him, but don't pretend like you're being unbiased/objective about it.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

only ideologically pure Libertarians should be on the supreme court
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    He just posted it on his Facebook page... lame.

This was not even remotely a difficult confirm. This is an easy yes. Even staunch libertarian legal scholars are supportive of Kavanaugh.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    "... show someone who isn’t afraid to challenge the status quo and will fight with backbone."

^^^
    Glad to see this. I totally trust Rand.
    The confirmation hearings will be interesting.
    To say the least.

Rand did NOT sell out.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    I support this 100%.

Technically that is correct, however sometimes you have to use your political capital wisely and go for the best results you can.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Reminds me of Frodo saying that Sam sold him out for not supporting Gollum.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Of course Collins calls him a "sellout". Man you are $#@!ing tiresome. This isn't surprising to anyone. He did what he could. Let's see you get elected and put in the same situation, big shot. Oh.... that's right.... you're just a nobody like the rest of us.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

I am really dissappointed in Trump. I was hoping he would pick someone more like Gorsuch. Rand has to pick his battles but as far as the president goes he should be picking better people this is a big deal, the law matters. I was hoping Rand would convince Trump into doing the right thing but I guess he couldn't do it

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Cavanaugh better strike down those unconstitutional gun laws. I'm assuming this played into Rand's decision.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Cavanaugh better strike down those unconstitutional gun laws. I'm assuming this played into Rand's decision.
    Not likely. Probably this only allows room for Rand to criticize him. Just so it looks like he gave him a fair chance

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Reminds me of Frodo saying that Sam sold him out for not supporting Gollum.
    Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Who's Cavanaugh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Actually only those who uphold the Constitution should be allowed to serve on the SCOTUS. If they are libertarian, even better.

Kavanaugh does not uphold the Constitution.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    This was not even remotely a difficult confirm. This is an easy yes. Even staunch libertarian legal scholars are supportive of Kavanaugh.
    Uh no.... Kavanaugh hates the 4th Amendment and has stated so very clearly. There is no excuse for this.

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post

Rand did NOT sell out.
    Of course he did.... on his core issue too.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Technically that is correct, however sometimes you have to use your political capital wisely and go for the best results you can.
    If you subscribe to the political economy theory, which Ron proved false a long time ago. Rand didn't have to cave at all, he could have, with a straight face, said "I oppose him because he supports NSA spying which is contrary to the Constitution" And people would have respected him for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    He did what he could.
    No he didn't. He could vote no which is absolutely an option.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I am really dissappointed in Trump. I was hoping he would pick someone more like Gorsuch. Rand has to pick his battles but as far as the president goes he should be picking better people this is a big deal, the law matters. I was hoping Rand would convince Trump into doing the right thing but I guess he couldn't do it
    Of course Rand could do it, he could vote no. And that would either force some Dems to come over or it would force Trump to pick someone better. But Rand has no spine apparently.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Of course he did.... on his core issue too.
    I have a pretty good feeling that Rand knows what he is doing.
    And I trust him.

Some things aren't always what they appear to be.

If you subscribe to the political economy theory, which Ron proved false a long time ago.
    How did Ron prove it false? What did Ron Paul ever accomplish beyond educating people about how votes should be cast?

Actually only those who uphold the Constitution should be allowed to serve on the SCOTUS. If they are libertarian, even better.

Kavanaugh does not uphold the Constitution.
    +1

Of course Rand could do it, he could vote no. And that would either force some Dems to come over or it would force Trump to pick someone better. But Rand has no spine apparently.
    In a world where they don't control the media and the narrative maybe. They could always use any major opportunity to bury Rand Paul politically with a president that is as popular with their party as Trump is.

We gotta take into account that the executive branch is not working for our ideals and would love to shut Rand up.

You can't think about Trump's fake MAGA persona you got to think of the Trump that said someone needs to primary Rand Paul in 2016

Who were the better options from Trump’s list?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Who were the better options from Trump’s list?
    Mike Lee

LINK

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast