Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rand just sold out on Kavanaugh

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    Some things aren't always what they appear to be.
    Things are exactly as they appear. Rand just sold out on his core issue.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    How did Ron prove it false? What did Ron Paul ever accomplish beyond educating people about how votes should be cast?
    Ron kept getting elected despite being one of the most hated members of Congress by his colleagues. I understand it isn't a perfect comparison but the point still stands.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Who were the better options from Trump’s list?
    That's some good pessimism you got there I didn't even consider that they could give us someone worse if Kavanaugh doesn't get the votes..

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    In a world where they don't control the media and the narrative maybe. They could always use any major opportunity to bury Rand Paul politically with a president that is as popular with their party as Trump is.

We gotta take into account that the executive branch is not working for our ideals and would love to shut Rand up.

You can't think about Trump's fake MAGA persona you got to think of the Trump that said someone needs to primary Rand Paul in 2016
    I don't think things are quite that simple. I don't think Rand and Trump hate each other and I don't think they are trying to hurt each other. Trump does a lot of good things and I think Rand sees that. And I think that these two don't see each other as the enemy. But unfortunately Trump is not ideological or predictable so sometimes he aligns with liberty values, and sometimes he doesn't.

Mike Lee for starters.

But it doesn't matter, Rand can vote against Kavanaugh with a straight face.

Rand's decision to vote for Kavanaugh is more disappointing than the Pompeo vote. This is a man who will sit on that bench for his lifetime is he's chosen. Not a good look.

I know Rand panders to other Republican voters besides libertarians, but he usually did it through media interviews and tweets. Not voting on the Senate floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Uh no.... Kavanaugh hates the 4th Amendment and has stated so very clearly. There is no excuse for this.

Judge Napolitano said Randy Barnett would be his top choice on Tom Woods' show. Randy Barnett is Rand's go to legal guy. Rand Barnett is a yes on Kavanaugh,

"Is Brett Kavanaugh such a nominee? Some libertarians have been skeptical of this, and I have been spending a bit of time bringing myself up to speed on his record. There are a few sour notes--two in particular--but on balance, his record is strong. He is pretty ardently committed to textualism--more on this below--and the separation of powers. And he is skeptical about judicial deference to administrative agencies. He has a superb Second Amendment opinion in Heller 2 in which he rejects the tiers of scrutiny approach that many circuits have been using to gut the Supreme Court's decisions in"

https://reason.com/volokh/2018/07/29...bertarian-case

Here’s The Libertarian Case For Brett Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court Nomination
    https://thefederalist.com/2018/07/29...rt-nomination/

Why do SCOTUS nominees need to be on Trump's list, can't we have someone that will honor the constitution instead?

Reject them all, until he nominates someone law abiding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Ron kept getting elected despite being one of the most hated members of Congress by his colleagues. I understand it isn't a perfect comparison but the point still stands.

FWIW, Ron is borderline terrible on judicial issues. Ron thinks states like in Griswold vs Connecticut can just ban contraception. Ron thinks in Lawrence vs Texas states can have laws banning sodomy. I wouldn't automatically concede Ron would be better than Kavanaugh on the bench. I think he probably would be but Ron would not be the examplar on legal opinions.

Things are exactly as they appear. Rand just sold out on his core issue.
    I guess we'll find out.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He just posted it on his Facebook page... lame.
    Rand Paul made such a big deal about the 4th amendment throughout his political career that if there is any place to make a stand on, this is it. Even only to retain some of the credibility he has on this issue. The man squandered his presidential campaign trying to court voters by telling them how govt plans of searching millennial's cellphones when they clearly cared more about bread and butter economic issues, he has done filibusters on it on the senate floor and now he will just give in and vote for Kavanaugh?

Anyone one who still thinks any solution will come from a politician/politics needs to wake up and smell the roses.

what have people learned from the disaster of the Obama years? Do they understand the true nature of deep state power? The true continuity of agenda that takes place even as the pendulum swings from left to right? Or are they simply going to fall for the same trick, again and again, until the final nail is placed in the coffin of human freedom?
    James Corbett

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Judge Napolitano said Randy Barnett would be his top choice on Tom Woods' show. Randy Barnett is Rand's go to legal guy. Rand Barnett is a yes on Kavanaugh,
    Randy, who is normally good, has it absolutely wrong and has apparently not read Kavanaugh's opinion on giving the NSA unlimited spying powers. This is the problem with listening to people from think tanks sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Rand Paul made such a big deal about the 4th amendment throughout his political career that if there is any place to make a stand on, this is it. Even only to retain some of the credibility he has on this issue. The man squandered his presidential campaign trying to court voters by telling them how govt plans of searching millennial's cellphones when they clearly cared more about bread and butter economic issues, he has done filibusters on it on the senate floor and now he will just give in and vote for Kavanaugh?
    Bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    FWIW, Ron is borderline terrible on judicial issues. Ron thinks states like in Griswold vs Connecticut can just ban contraception. Ron thinks in Lawrence vs Texas states can have laws banning sodomy. I wouldn't automatically concede Ron would be better than Kavanaugh on the bench. I think he probably would be but Ron would not be the examplar on legal opinions.
    Don't confuse libertarianism with federalism/Constitutionalism.

Maybe Rand knows how to actually get some things done, he has already gotten more done than Ron did, we needed Ron to come first and start the movement but we need people who get things done too.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm hoping that Rand knows Kavanaugh won't make it even with his vote and is taking the opportunity to look like a team player.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Maybe Rand knows how to actually get some things done, he has already gotten more done than Ron did, we needed Ron to come first and start the movement but we need people who get things done too.
    What he is getting done is putting someone on the bench who hates the Constitution.

I'm hoping that Rand knows Kavanaugh won't make it even with his vote and is taking the opportunity to look like a team player.
    In which case if the guy is going to get confirmed anyway, then all the more reason to take a principled stand.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What he is getting done is putting someone on the bench who hates the Constitution.
    Maybe Kavanagh makes it on and maybe he doesn't, if Rand's vote doesn't make the difference and Trump keeps listening to him on other issues we may be better off because of Rand.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

In which case if the guy is going to get confirmed anyway, then all the more reason to take a principled stand.
    I said I hoped there were enough votes to STOP Kavanugh without Rand and that Rand knew that.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I don't think things are quite that simple. I don't think Rand and Trump hate each other and I don't think they are trying to hurt each other. Trump does a lot of good things and I think Rand sees that. And I think that these two don't see each other as the enemy. But unfortunately Trump is not ideological or predictable so sometimes he aligns with liberty values, and sometimes he doesn't.
    I disagree entirely, Trump is a moderate at best, he changes from democrat to republican and no one bats an eye. If Rand Paul ran on the democrat party there is no way people would think he is a Democrat. They might be part of the same party but that's about it. You could say but didn't Rand endorse Trump?

Not really, the Republican party picked him, and they basically made Rand promise to endorse whoever the Republican nominee ends up being during the 2016 election, Rand maybe has different ethics than you but he would of endorsed Jeb Bush if he was the nominee, that's just the kind of guy he is, he is a man of his word.

Now you could say well don't they politically align on issue x, y z? No, not really, that would be a debatable statement at best. Trump doesn't have any sort of real political ideology, at least that he is consistent on, the only thing that he is consistent on is his neocon foreign policy in regards to Iran.

This is like saying that Ron Wyden and Ron Paul don't disagree on the role of government, or Rand Paul and Cory Booker. Rand will work with whomever he can on single issues and he goes out of his way not to burn bridges with politicians or their supporters, that doesn't make him a sell out.

We should change the forum name to "Matt Collins judge mental dictates." Honestly, Matt posts here maybe once or twice in a full moon and bitches about Rand. Hey, Matt has got the chops.He's a leader and a doer.

Oh and let's not forget Rand endorsed Mitch.

THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Oh and let's not forget Rand endorsed Mitch.
    Funding for the Iron Dome Hoax.
    Drones for Police.

not his dad.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

President Donald Trump on Monday expressed his appreciation to Sen. Rand Paul for his promise to support the confirmation of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.

“Thank you to @RandPaul for your YES on a future great Justice of the Supreme Court, Brett Kavanaugh,” Trump wrote in a Monday evening tweet. “Your vote means a lot to me, and to everyone who loves our Country!” (RELATED: RAND’S REVEAL: PAUL JUST ANNOUNCED HIS DECISION ON THE KAVANAUGH CONFIRMATION)
    Thank you to @RandPaul for your YES on a future great Justice of the Supreme Court, Brett Kavanaugh. Your vote means a lot to me, and to everyone who loves our Country!
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 30, 2018

More at: http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/30/tr...naugh-support/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Dunno, after being shot at, been in a highly unlikely train collision with a garbage truck and seriously assaulted by his neighbor, perhaps Rand has considered that his life may be in danger if he bucks too hard. That's a tough position to be in if you're a Republican lawmaker that seems to be a constant target of a series of unfortunate events.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Dunno, after being shot at, been in a highly unlikely train collision with a garbage truck and seriously assaulted by his neighbor, perhaps Rand has considered that his life may be in danger if he bucks too hard. That's a tough position to be in if you're a Republican lawmaker that seems to be a constant target of a series of unfortunate events.
    The attacks have all come from left wing fanatics..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

How did Ron prove it false? What did Ron Paul ever accomplish beyond educating people about how votes should be cast?
    What has Rand accomplished?

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    What has Rand accomplished?
    https://www.dol.gov/sites/default/fi...final-rule.pdf

The attacks have all come from left wing fanatics..
    Yeah that's the official story, at least.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast