Thread: How to prove the right of inheritance ?

Question How to prove the right of inheritance ?

Hello everyone,
    some people I've spoke to refuse to believe in the right of inheritance (from father to son, for instance) because they say that simple "blood relation" is not enough to configure a voluntary agreement.Of course I'm supposing the scenario without a written will, since there would be no problem if one was made.Well than, how can you (if possible) derive the right of inheritance trough natural law, for instance ?
    Obs: I'm new to libertarianism, so still studying.
    Obs2: I thought that there might be an implied will, derived from the parent's behavior. What do you think ?
    Thanks !

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Usually this is people who don't like wealth to pile up and want things like 100% estate taxes.

Say okay, 100% estate tax. Congratulations you finally removed all the land from the indigenous peoples. Such colonizer, such imperialism. Much wow.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't even a thing nor are capital gains taxes
    Constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    Usually this is people who don't like wealth to pile up and want things like 100% estate taxes.

Say okay, 100% estate tax. Congratulations you finally removed all the land from the indigenous peoples. Such colonizer, such imperialism. Much wow.
    That's not what those links say.

I see what you're saying now. Bear in mind these are the same people that insist that you signed a social contract agreeing to give them some of your wealth.

They're not ever going to see things your way. Their goal isn't a logically consistent position. Their goal is to take everything you own. Treat them as such.
    Last edited by angelatc; 07-29-2018 at 10:22 AM.
    * Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.

* No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.

* Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.

* End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.

Reprinted from http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/immigration/ [Nov. 29, 2011]

The libertarian argument is that you should be able to do what you want with your property. Plus that money has already been taxed. You should be able to write a contract just like any other contract if you are no longer around to make decisions. The practical argument is a 100% inheritance tax wouldn't work and it would make people in general worse off. A 100% inheritance tax would encourage people to squander their money instead of investing it and growing the economy. And people would find ways to shift assets to their heirs.

All of that said, an inheritance tax is the tax I hate least. The paradox of inheritance is the people most deserving off an inheritance are the people who wouldn't need or want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupan View Post
    Hello everyone,
    some people I've spoke to refuse to believe in the right of inheritance (from father to son, for instance) because they say that simple "blood relation" is not enough to configure a voluntary agreement.Of course I'm supposing the scenario without a written will, since there would be no problem if one was made.Well than, how can you (if possible) derive the right of inheritance trough natural law, for instance ?
    Obs: I'm new to libertarianism, so still studying.
    Obs2: I thought that there might be an implied will, derived from the parent's behavior. What do you think ?
    Thanks !

Turn it around on them. Who, according to you (them), then holds the right to the deceased's estate? Oh lemme guess... the governmob? Based on what valid assumption?

Let them attempt to dope it out and wish them good luck. Such people usually make an embarrassment of it. To be frank, they are not worth speaking with, but if you feel compelled, then this is one approach you can take. Turn the tables on them and make them prove the higher claim of a non-blood relation.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

"It’s just interesting to note how constant government oppression can kill people’s fighting spirit." - Withur We

Pray for reset.