Thread: Rand Paul and the New GOP

Rand Paul and the New GOP

Luongo says forget VP, Rand should set his sights on Senate Majority Leader. And that Trump is setting the table for him in 2024.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ul-and-new-gop

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Someone is smoking some serious crack.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Rand would get zero votes for Majority Leader. Rand is not a rising star. Rand will not be President-ever. I saw all three of those things as someone who very much likes Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Rand would get zero votes for Majority Leader. Rand is not a rising star. Rand will not be President-ever. I saw all three of those things as someone who very much likes Rand.
    Ron Paul supporters tend to be Rand's toughest critics for some reason. Some people hate him for endorsing Entropy and some people hate him for endorsing the current Senate Majority leader. Rand keeps fighting against Patriot acts, and FISA government abuse. He keeps fighting against government medicine and schools. He's pretty much a lone voice in the Senate trying to end the wars in the middle east.

He won't get anything accomplished without our support though. Its one thing to say the deep state wouldn't let him, its another to say he wasn't popular enough. They targeted Ron Paul supporters and Republicans by pushing 17 candidates so they can kick him out of the debates, they spent a Million dollars running an attack ad against him the day he announced he was running for President. You say you like Rand but you don't show him much love, and I read most of your posts and agree with you on a lot of things.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Ron Paul supporters tend to be Rand's toughest critics for some reason. Some people hate him for endorsing Entropy and some people hate him for endorsing the current Senate Majority leader. Rand keeps fighting against Patriot acts, and FISA government abuse.
    Well the good guys should be held to a higher standard.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Well the good guys should be held to a higher standard.
    Normally I would agree with you, but it is Ron Paul's son, we know we can trust him and his intentions are good his heart really is in the right place, it's one thing to criticize Rand Paul's political strategy, but it means you have to ignore his political successes. I am not a big fan of President Entropy but Rand and Clinton would of never worked together on healthcare buying groups. Rand has also even hamstrung votes on his bills from McConnell. It really just shows how diplomatic Rand is, and how cunning he is.

Rand is awesome. That being said, Amerikanners are stupid ignorant fascists that deserve what's coming to them. I am firmly in the #Collapsitarian camp and don't think ANYTHING will bring us closer to liberty in the current system. We've had a malignant terminal cancer growing in this country almost since its inception, and it seriously started to spread to the vital organs in 1913.... Rand may talk and attempt to educate and holdup some legislation that will ultimately pass.. he can bitch and moan about Kavanaugh and the 4th amendment.... he can rail against war powers and spying and fiscal sanity.... at the end of the day, Amerikanners want to be slaves. I say let it crash.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Anyone watch any of Pompeo's testimony yesterday??

They were all like, "I will agree with one thing Senator Paul said, which is not something I usually do"

They will NEVER elect him leader of anything.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yup that was a stupid bs article written by some fan boy fantasizing. We have to be realistic but the way some people harp on Rand within the libertarian circles is pretty disappointing.

I think Rand would still be prioritizing most the same issues with or without a libertarian base which just goes to show how important our voices really are and what we (not me) by being anal purists that will never move any ball on any front.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

If you don't see Rand as the odds-on favorite for 2024, I have to wonder who you think has a better shot.

sorry guys - it's over

The Trump presidency did its job. We are back to phony R's vs the D's. Everyone is entrenched as one of those. the Deep state successfully got everyone back in line - the two party system is as strong as it has ever been - Rand can try to play nice with the R's all he wants, but the ship has sailed. Trump did what he was supposed to do - strengthen the feigned hatred the two major parties pretend to have for one-another

Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    sorry guys - it's over

The Trump presidency did its job. We are back to phony R's vs the D's. Everyone is entrenched as one of those. the Deep state successfully got everyone back in line - the two party system is as strong as it has ever been - Rand can try to play nice with the R's all he wants, but the ship has sailed. Trump did what he was supposed to do - strengthen the feigned hatred the two major parties pretend to have for one-another
    LOL
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Normally I would agree with you, but it is Ron Paul's son, we know we can trust him and his intentions are good his heart really is in the right place, it's one thing to criticize Rand Paul's political strategy, but it means you have to ignore his political successes. I am not a big fan of President Entropy but Rand and Clinton would of never worked together on healthcare buying groups. Rand has also even hamstrung votes on his bills from McConnell. It really just shows how diplomatic Rand is, and how cunning he is.
    Yes, but he has sold out on a few key votes, and his messaging is sloppy, which means he has lost the intensity of his base. The result of this was the piss poor performance in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Yes, but he has sold out on a few key votes, and his messaging is sloppy, which means he has lost the intensity of his base. The result of this was the piss poor performance in 2016.
    I think his biggest mistake was the way he started his campaign. It seemed like the media and his enemies had been attacking him and his base, and his campaign for years before it began. Rand sort of campaigned for president before becoming candidate for president by constantly challenging executive powers before that -he sort of stopped that and focused on the senate rather then his social media presence and his image before the election. Ideas really do matter, but the guy screaming that the president is illegitimate to all the people thinking that he is, does end up winning.

I bet even Ron Paul supporters fell for it, at a deep level, the ones who thought Ron Paul should of been the Republican nominee, and that they wouldn't let him because he would of beat Obama. Whoever channels that anger, that energy and resentment on the democrat side will win their nomination for sure. I am sure a lot of democrats think that Sanders should of been the democrat nominee, and that he would of won..