Thread: ABC says Huckabee and Ron won debate

ABC says Huckabee and Ron won debate

About time someone acknowledged he won a debate! With a nice summary of why they liked Ron:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2...3990796&page=1
    Last edited by BigFatRock; 12-12-2007 at 04:08 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    shocked, he only spoke 3 times didnt he? I didnt see it yet.
    "You know not what you are given, but forever will you know what has been taken away from you..."

"As long as we live beyond our means we are destined to live beneath our means." - Ron Paul at a CNBC Debate in Michigan (10/09/07)

At least SOMEONE recognized that Ron Paul was talking about the right type of stuff.

Lol, they 'hated' the format. I thought it was good. I think they were just upset that the candidates didn't have time to rev up the BS polisher to sound halfway believable.

Awesome! Just goes to prove those of us who said this was a good debate for Ron Paul.

One of two winners in MSM. A step in the right direction.

wow, how do these people get paid for the work they do?!

the main picture is months old, it still has tommy thompson and sam brownback in it ...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wanted to hit Alan Keyes in the face when he interrupted Ron Paul to give himself more time to speak. I'm glad they still gave him the same 30 seconds.
    Ron Paul's heart is made out of gold. This greatly upsets the Federal Reserve.

Thanks for posting! This is so nice to see.
    ‎"dancing... is a healthy exercise, elegant and very attractive..." ~ Thomas Jefferson, March 14, 1818

They hate us for our policies, not our freedoms.

ABC News: Ron Paul a Debate Winner

Here is a little positive news eh?

"Winners:"
    "Ron Paul: Loved the focus on questions of national debt, the Constitution, and an overreaching federal government."

Ron Paul's Campaign site has it posted and it caught my eye...
    http://ronpaul2008.typepad.com/ron_p...ws-ron-pa.html

Here is the link directly to ABC's story....
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2...3990796&page=1

well it looks like the article changed its title to "ANALYSIS: Huckabee Shines in Lackluster Debate"

Damn right Fred Thompson is a loser.

The latest poll had him at 1% in NH!

heres the deal... I'm going to hit you with some truth.... Ron Paul and Huckabee... the real frontrunners ... bam there it is, that's who it is going to come down to. Take the big money... take the fake done up hair... take out the phony baloney politics and that's what you get ... Ron Paul and Mike Huckabee. Call Huckabee a phony baloney politician... that's maybe true but here's the truth... people don't seem to see him that way. He comes off as a real person and that's why he's doing well. Ron Paul comes off like he knows what the hell is going on... that's why he's doing well. It's going to come down to these two guys I'm convinced.

It MAY be true that Huckabee comes off as a real person...but he sure doesn't come off that way to me...not in the slightest. I have trouble believing a single word he says...including his name.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by brianbb98 View Post
    lol @ alan keyes...

That article says Mike Huckabee won the debate and mentions his name a million times -- it was almost impossible to find the one time they said Ron Paul also won.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty View Post
    One of two winners in MSM. A step in the right direction.
    Actually, the Ron Paul Revolution are officially dubbing it the "Old Media" now. Make sure we correct people whenever they say "mainstream".

"Old Media" from here on out.

Does anyone find it rather strange this sudden rise of Huckabee and subsequent lovefest by the MSM? I do not believe his numbers will last beyond Iowa as he seems to have peaked there. Is Huckabee being set up for a fall? Closer scrutiny and all that? I do wonder.

MSM has also paid a bit more attention to Ron Paul, i.e., interviewed him right after the debate. Of course, it was likely because of those ridiculous meters (or that one meter?) showing the downward dips when he began to speack, etc. And, of course, it gave them yet another opportunity to ask about the Third party junk again.

I guess it won't hurt so long as they leave him alone for the next three weeks.
    Carole

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over. -Cong. Louis McFadden