Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rand: Today I will meet with Trump and ask him to revoke Brennan’s security clearance (split)

Senator Rand Paul said Monday on "The Story" that he supports President Donald Trump's decision to look into revoking the security clearances of former government agents.

The White House named several specific former officials, including former FBI Director James Comey and former CIA Directors John Brennan and Michael Hayden.
    He said there is a "great danger" to have former officials work as "talking heads" on television while still holding access to classified information that they could accidentally disclose.
    Senator @RandPaul: "I don't think that ex-CIA agents of any stripe who are now talking heads should continue to get classified information. I think it's wrong." #TheStory https://t.co/OPIxSSpPsJ pic.twitter.com/OrtAHrkQFS
    — Fox News (@FoxNews) July 23, 2018
    Paul (R-Ky.) said Brennan himself was already the subject of a controversy after a 2012 "underwear bomb" plot against the United States was first reported.
    Paul appeared to cite a Reuters report from the time, which said that Brennan held a conference call with a small group of former counter-terrorism advisers on the topic.
    Shortly after the call, former Clinton counter-terror adviser Richard Clarke said on ABC News that the plot "never came close because they had insider information, insider control" -- the detail allegedly disclosed by Brennan.

According to Reuters, a joint U.S.-U.K.-Saudi operation was actively working against the plot.
    Senator @RandPaul: "I don't think we should reveal secrets to people who are calling the commander in chief 'treasonous.'" #TheStory https://t.co/OPIxSSpPsJ pic.twitter.com/Kdl5HTgn87
    — Fox News (@FoxNews) July 23, 2018
    "[Brennan] almost cost the life of a double agent," Paul said.

More at: http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/07/2...ul-reacts-2012
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was not named in the White House’s Monday announcement that it was considering revoking six former national security officials’ security clearances, a 33-year special forces veteran noticed.

President Donald Trump is considering revoking the security clearances of former CIA Director John Brennan; Comey; former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper; former Director of National Security Michael Haden; former National Security Adviser Susan Rice; and former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe.
    Those former officials have criticized Trump, yet Clinton — the president’s 2016 rival — was not included on the list.
    “Frankly, I was shocked that Hillary, the chief culprit, was omitted,” retired Col. James Williamson told The Daily Caller News Foundation. Williamson, who was in special operations for 30 years and has held a top-level security since 1982, is president of OSPEC, a nonpartisan organization representing retired special forces and intelligence community officials.
    “There is more than ample evidence that Hillary Clinton committed, whether its gross negligence, or,as [former FBI Director James] Comey would like to say, extreme carelessness,” Williamson told TheDCNF. “Just from the documented evidence, there was enough to prosecute. If there’s evidence to prosecute, then there’s certainly grounds to pull somebody’s clearance.”

More at: http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/24/wh...ton-clearance/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Clear evidence concerning the bias of multiple, high-ranking current and former intelligence community officials should make us think twice about letting retired intelligence officials keep access to classified information, especially if they become talking heads on television after leaving public service.

There is a great danger that vital, secret details may be revealed on television, even inadvertently.
    John Brennan is no stranger to this problem.
    In 2012, John Brennan leaked information to former counter-terrorism officials, who retained a security clearance, about an underwear bomb-making plot in Yemen.
    Brennan revealed to these former officials — turned talking heads — that the underwear bomb plot never threatened the U.S. “because Washington had ‘inside control’ over it,” according to Reuters.
    After Brennan’s briefing, one of the call’s participants, Richard Clarke, went on ABC and broadcast that the government implied that there was a Western spy inside the Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula bomb-making group.
    John Brennan’s careless leak to former intelligence officials turned television commentators helped compromise an operation and risk the life of a double agent, and who knows what other objectives it also hindered or outright prevented. This is exactly why former intelligence officials who are now talking heads on television should not continue to have a security clearance.
    Allowing people like John Brennan and other retired intelligence agents to have a security clearance and appear on television presents a danger to operatives in the field, and it’s a danger we can avoid.
    Rand Paul, a Republican, is Kentucky’s junior U.S. senator.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...e-is-a-danger/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Putin's security clearance should be revoked as well. Is there anybody who doesn't have one?

Trump better take a way Brennan's clearance or I'll be extremely disappointed.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Trump better take a way Brennan's clearance or I'll be extremely disappointed.
    President HAS to act here no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was not named in the White House’s Monday announcement that it was considering revoking six former national security officials’ security clearances, a 33-year special forces veteran noticed.
    Whoa . . . Yuuge find / idea !

Because of the investigation into the President Obama - excuse me James Rybicki - (Comey Chief of Staff who got outta town fast -
    super fast like Jimmy John's super fast) has determined it is better for the populo minuto to hear it as as a "Senior White House Official" -
    email to then Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton from Moscow was just "careless"
    as the prior Secretary of State Collin Powell never told her just "HOW" to communicate with the President of the United States from inside Russia.

(She didn't understand the . . . "USE THE .gov SERVER BEEATCH !" (?)

One would have expected she had to have had her security clearance revoked already - at the very least - from Day one.
    She used rogue electronic transmissions with the White House from inside Russia fer' effin' Chris' sake !

How bad does it get ?

Hilly: It is 9.11.2012 in Libya . . . "How do I know it is not jus' some guys out for a walk at night throwing bottles ?"

Last edited by Jan2017; 07-29-2018 at 01:33 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234