Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 97

Thread: Rand: Today I will meet with Trump and ask him to revoke Brennanís security clearance (split)

  1. #1

    Rand: Today I will meet with Trump and ask him to revoke Brennanís security clearance (split)




  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Rand's latest tweets


  4. #3

    Sarah Sanders: Trump may remove clearances From Brennan, Comey, Clapper...

    WooHoo!

    Video at link https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...er__more_.html
    Sarah Sanders: Trump Considering Removing Clearances From Brennan, Comey, Clapper & More
    Posted By Ian Schwartz
    Date July 23, 2018

    Sarah Huckabee Sanders announced Monday that President Trump is considering removing the security clearances of former CIA director John Brennan, former DNI James Clapper, and former FBI director James Comey, as well as former Obama NSA Susan Rice, Ret. Gen. Michael Hayden, and FBI agent Andrew McCabe for "politicized" and "monetized" their public service with cable news contracts and book deals.

    This follows the call from Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY), who met with the president today, to revoke their clearances.

    SARAH HUCKABEE SANDERS:
    Not only is the president looking to take away [John] Brennan's security clearance, he's also looking into the security clearances of Comey, Clapper, Hayden, Rice, and McCabe. The president is exploring the mechanisms to remove security clearance because they've politicized and in some cases monetized their public service and security clearances, making baseless accusations of improper contact with Russia or being influenced by Russia against the president is extremely inappropriate. And the fact that people with security clearances are making these baseless charges provides inappropriate legitimacy to accusations with zero evidence.

    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...er__more_.html

  5. #4
    What's concerning is the fact the default for intelligence officials is to keep their security clearance even after they leave office. Just like Cosa Nostra, you never really leave it and then people wonder how did the deep state come about.

  6. #5
    Trolls on the left are going nuts. The WaPo story's comments is getting probably 100s of post per minute right now! Those clowns think this is a freedom of speech issue! All crying 'fascist' and "dictator'.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    What's concerning is the fact the default for intelligence officials is to keep their security clearance even after they leave office. Just like Cosa Nostra, you never really leave it and then people wonder how did the deep state come about.
    Didn't we all here have a semi-polite for us discussion on this very subject the other day? We were wondering about this...

  8. #7
    Might have to start calling him Shadow President Paul.
    Oligarchy delenda est

    ďIf you love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.Ē - Samuel Adams

  9. #8
    Pretty sure when I left the military that I lost my Top Secret security clearance.
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

    Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

    Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

    Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

    For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

    For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

    For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

    For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

    Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

    Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Pretty sure when I left the military that I lost my Top Secret security clearance.

    Security clearances are usually good for a couple of years, that is why some firms prefer/hire ex-millitary, like defense contractors.


    Which in a way, 1000's "monetize" their public service/security clearances every year.
    Last edited by Danke; 07-23-2018 at 03:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Ron Paul know some weird people too.



    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!


    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Security clearances be good for a couple of years, that we some firms prefer/hire ex-millitary.


    Which in a way, 1000's "monetize" their public service/security clearances every year.
    This needs to stop.

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Security clearances are usually good for a couple of years, that is why some firms prefer/hire ex-millitary, like defense contractors.


    Which in a way, 1000's "monetize" their public service/security clearances every year.
    Not according to this site.

    - Clearance becomes inactive once your service ends.

    - Clearance can be re-activated for up to 24 months as long as your re-evaluation period hasn't passed.

    - Make sure to put on your resume that you are "Clearable." This lets employers know that you have had previous clearance.

    -Once you are sponsored by a company, you will have to go through the clearance process again.

    -The clearance process should not take as long as your initial clearance check, depending on how long it has been since you last held clearance.

    https://www.military.com/veteran-job...clearance.html
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

    Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

    Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

    Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

    For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

    For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

    For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

    For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

    Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

    Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Not according to this site.

    - Clearance becomes inactive once your service ends.

    - Clearance can be re-activated for up to 24 months as long as your re-evaluation period hasn't passed.

    - Make sure to put on your resume that you are "Clearable." This lets employers know that you have had previous clearance.

    -Once you are sponsored by a company, you will have to go through the clearance process again.

    -The clearance process should not take as long as your initial clearance check, depending on how long it has been since you last held clearance.

    https://www.military.com/veteran-job...clearance.html
    I think you need to read that again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Ron Paul know some weird people too.



    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!


    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I think you need to read that again.
    Let me try harder....

    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

    - Clearance becomes inactive once your service ends.
    OK. That's what I thought.
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

    Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

    Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

    Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

    For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

    For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

    For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

    For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

    Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

    Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Let me try harder....



    OK. That's what I thought.
    "
    - Clearance becomes inactive once your service ends.

    - Clearance can be re-activated for up to 24 months"\


    Doesn't mean you lose your clearance.

    I was out of the military for a while before I joined the Reserves, I did not lose my clearance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Ron Paul know some weird people too.



    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!


    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    "
    - Clearance becomes inactive once your service ends.

    - Clearance can be re-activated for up to 24 months"\


    Doesn't mean you lose your clearance.

    I was out of the military for a while before I joined the Reserves, I did not lose my clearance.
    Yes. But, it was "inactive." In between the time you left the military and the time you joined the reserves you didn't have access to secured documents. You could not look at them or access them. Once you joined the reserves you were re-activated.
    But, you do make a point. The clearance is not revoked. It just becomes "inactive." At least for ex-military. No idea when it comes to alphabet agencies. I wonder if Brennan has been shown any security level documents while "inactive?" I wonder who showed them to him?
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

    Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

    Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

    Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

    For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

    For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

    For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

    For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

    Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

    Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

  18. #16
    More info about Brennan's degree of access. Much more than simply a clearance!




  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    July 23, 2018, 5:58 PM
    WH: Trump exploring taking away security clearances of Brennan, Comey, Hayden, Rice, McCabe


    White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said that President Trump is "exploring" taking away the security clearances
    of a variety of former intelligence chiefs in light of their comments on the president's claims on Russian interference,
    claiming officials are "politicizing" government agencies and "monetizing" their political offices.

    Sanders told reporters that Mr. Trump is considering removing the clearances of Obama intelligence officials,
    including FBI Director James Comey, former CIA director John Brennan, former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper,
    former Director of National Security Agency Michael Hayden, former National Security Adviser Susan Rice and
    former Deputy Director of the FBI Andrew McCabe.

    The idea was first raised after Sen. Rand Paul tweeted Monday morning that he would be meeting with Mr. Trump to ask him
    to revoke former CIA Director John Brennan's clearance, claiming Brennan was "monetizing" his clearance by
    "making millions of dollars divulging secrets to the mainstream media with his attacks" on Mr. Trump.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/white-h...es-2018-07-23/
    Trump:
    (circa June 2016) : "How could the FBI NOT indict her !? "

    Jefferson:
    (circa May 1826) : "When angry count to ten before you speak. If very angry, count to one hundred."


  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Trolls on the left are going nuts. The WaPo story's comments is getting probably 100s of post per minute right now! Those clowns think this is a freedom of speech issue! All crying 'fascist' and "dictator'.
    This is a freedom of speech issue because these partisans are using government resources to spy on Americans and politicians including their speech for political gain.

  22. #19

    Pull security clearance from all ex-Intel Officials


  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Trump didn't know about it?

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    LOL at Randal going on tv and actually referring to these people as "talking heads"

  25. #22
    What about ex-CIA people in congress?

  26. #23
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ
    Cleaner44's Avatar


    Blog Entries
    4
    Posts
    7,947
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I agree with Rand, revoke the security clearance... today.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

    I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Didn't we all here have a semi-polite for us discussion on this very subject the other day? We were wondering about this...
    Not exactly. The discussion was about Brennan only - Rand was on Tucker again tonight, discussing why John Brennan still has top secret clearance https://www.ronpaulforums.com/showth...cret-clearance



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    LOL at Randal going on tv and actually referring to these people as "talking heads"
    He should have ended with - back to you, talking head.

  30. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    I agree with Rand, revoke the security clearance... today.
    I am still not clear how did Trump allow this?

  31. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Didn't we all here have a semi-polite for us discussion on this very subject the other day? We were wondering about this...
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Not exactly. The discussion was about Brennan only - Rand was on Tucker again tonight, discussing why John Brennan still has top secret clearance https://www.ronpaulforums.com/showth...cret-clearance
    I know I was mainly focused on Brennan, but I did bring up the nuances
    of how GWB + BHO + DJT framed things inside the context of the upper
    levels of the security clearances. The two Patriot Acts have lead to a big
    increase in our infrastructure, despite attempts to streamline our federal
    gov't. We can speculate what access Brennan & the people like him have
    had, and if retirement or semi-retirement let alone contract work does, but
    if we all are civilian, as a two term senator, Doctor Rand Paul actually has
    better odds of getting some of his questions astutely answered. Just saying!

  32. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    I know I was mainly focused on Brennan, but I did bring up the nuances
    of how GWB + BHO + DJT framed things inside the context of the upper
    levels of the security clearances. The two Patriot Acts have lead to a big
    increase in our infrastructure, despite attempts to streamline our federal
    gov't. We can speculate what access Brennan & the people like him have
    had, and if retirement or semi-retirement let alone contract work does, but
    if we all are civilian, as a two term senator, Doctor Rand Paul actually has
    better odds of getting some of his questions astutely answered. Just saying!
    The Senator wouldn't be able to do jack hadn't it been for a certain real estate mogul.

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    The Senator wouldn't be able to do jack hadn't it been for a certain real estate mogul.
    Yes and no. It would have taken a tad longer for him to do jack if Hillary had
    had a 5% vote increase in five states. It's Mitch McConnell teaming up with
    Paul Ryan that sometimes tosses political crumbs Dr.Rand's team player way.
    Last edited by Aratus; 07-23-2018 at 08:14 PM. Reason: If Mitt Romney becomes Utah's junior senator, he has less seniority status than Rand Paul...

  34. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Yes and no. It would have taken a tad longer for him to do jack if Hillary had
    had a 5% vote increase in five states. It's Mitch McConnell teaming up with
    Paul Ryan that sometimes tosses political crumbs Dr.Rand's team player way.
    And they do it out of goodness of their hearts.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-23-2018, 10:22 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-16-2018, 10:01 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-11-2018, 02:46 PM
  4. Anyone have a security clearance?
    By brandon in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-16-2009, 12:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •