Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PRESIDENT TRUMP VERSES THE RADICAL DEMOCRATs : The Impeachment Crisis of 2019 (by Aratus)

PRESIDENT TRUMP VERSES THE RADICAL DEMOCRATs : The Impeachment Crisis of 2019 (by Aratus)

This OP space might see paragraphs added over time!!!
    It's taken me ten years, but this could be a really neat
    E*book if things get more politically polarized & bordering
    on the landscape and environment of 1868. I can opine.
    Radical Republicans existed 150 years ago. Less R so now.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

True... But it's only a fashion sense that sometimes
    seperates the Radical Republicans of 1867 from the
    Radicals of today who often vote Democrat. There are
    times when a lil faction on a party's wing frames the
    narrative for the less complaining centrist/middle!!!

This thread is going to look very silly in 2020.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    No need to use future tense.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Right now it just looks silly, in 2020 it will look very silly.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Lets see how the fall election goes!
    It's summer, it's not fall, yet at all.

Give this time...

Right now it just looks silly, in 2020 it will look very silly.
    DJT has to hope the public backs him in full...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is going to be a GONZO e*book bordering on something Hunter S Thompson would have said...

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Lets see how the fall election goes!
    It's summer, it's not fall, yet at all.
    Wishful thinking.

...maybe maybe maybe

Or...

okaaaay, point taken...

Flip a Coin, ...ARATUS

flip a shiny new coin!!!

If you are correct, my book goes to 75 or 80 pages, if I am, it goes past 120!
    Even if it's a total internet screed-rant that is worse than MY postings given
    an edit and/or censorship by Mitt Romney or his like. The impact is to be felt.

Wishful thinking.
    ...maybe maybe maybe

Or...

okaaaay, point taken...
    Flip a Coin, ...ARATUS

flip a shiny new coin!!!
    If you are correct, my book goes to 75 or 80 pages, if I am, it goes past 120!
    Even if it's a total internet screed-rant that is worse than MY postings given
    an edit and/or censorship by Mitt Romney or his like. The impact is to be felt.

Now that Mr.Brett Kavanaugh is on the Supreme Court,
    Maybe after the election over the month of December,
    I just might get 50 pages of my prosepoems together...

This OP space might see paragraphs added over time!!!
    It's taken me ten years, but this could be a really neat
    E*book if things get more politically polarized & bordering
    on the landscape and environment of 1868. I can opine.
    Radical Republicans existed 150 years ago. Less R so now.
    I was trying to frame this dispassionately...initially.

This is going to be a GONZO e*book bordering on
    something Hunter S Thompson would have said...
    My e*book now shall try to include a video/YouTube homage to CHRIS FARLEY.
    His van down by the river SNL routine is a classic from a forgotten era, recent.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lindsey Graham's new bill, or so he said, backs up the executive order that DJT wants to sign.
    Andy Johnson signed the 13th Amendment but not the 14th & 15th Amendments. If the ACLU
    fights the Executive Order, literally all the way to the U.S Supreme Court, we will see a debate
    ensue over what a sitting president can and cannot do. Donald Trump is not Octavian Caesar, a
    limit exists on what he can actually do. The wording of the 14th Amendment is precise. all legal
    legal precedents cannot be ignored. He is not a dictator who can govern by fiat, fecklessly aloof.

Duckies, duckies, duckies, duckies! I thought it was just the 1920s that ole DJT wanted to hear
    the roar back to, I stand corrected. He is really trying to roll pack the clock to Millard Fillmore's
    Know Nothing sensibilities. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina is being his political hod-carrier!!!

I was trying to frame this dispassionately...initially.
    Things are about to get interesting. Donald Trump is making Andrew Johnson look like
    he almost is as Progressive as was Woodrow Wilson. Trump's Nazi side wants a repeat
    of the Senate Trial of 1868 to happen. Andrew Johnson had owned slaves but he did not
    agree with the Confederacy. This is ironical. Tacitly, in effect, DJT is trying to herring-gut
    sections of our Constitution. Today's Democrats are about to become way more RADICAL.

I said there would be an impeachment trial for DJT. I also said in his personal life, that he is more corrupt
    than U.S Grant was. I have said this is the most corrupt GOP presidency to date. He's about to hash over
    the total, thorough & precise distinction between Congressional & Presidential Reconstruction. The apathetic
    core of the Democratic Party is on the verge of firmly solidifying behind its most RADICAL yet electable wing!

The adding to the Supreme Court of a partying boozehound can be overlooked if the Justice in question
    avoids becoming a public spectacle, but a changing of the definition of citizenship hits square at who can
    VOTE and who can be disenfranchised. Up to this point, DJT hasn't strayed from the guiding principles of
    Abraham Lincoln's party as understood by the generation who voted for him, but if he assumes he can by
    decree change the Constitution, expect a political brouhaha of a donnybrook to cut loose anew by December.

I think the HOUSE has flipped but the GOP just gained two Senators. Pop the gourmet popcorn!
    Gentleman Mitt Romney is going to D.C and will sit in Orrin Hatch's old seat. DJT's ultimate fate
    is in Senator Mitt's hands. It's doubtful that Nancy Pelosi can restrain the radical wing of her own
    party, I'm placing 50/50 odds on Trump's impeachment arriving like a total zoo in 2019, even if
    he actually has given himself more wiggle room by ceasing his feud with Ted Cruz. I am serious!

I think the HOUSE has flipped but the GOP just gained two Senators. Pop the gourmet popcorn!
    Gentleman Mitt Romney is going to D.C and will sit in Orrin Hatch's old seat. DJT's ultimate fate
    is in Senator Mitt's hands. It's doubtful that Nancy Pelosi can restrain the radical wing of her own
    party, I'm placing 50/50 odds on Trump's impeachment arriving like a total zoo in 2019, even if
    he actually has given himself more wiggle room by ceasing his feud with Ted Cruz. I am serious!
    The house is still up in the air and the GOP will pick up 3 or 4 in the Senate.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Three seats going Democrat in the Senate makes it more difficult for a conviction to hit DJT in full.
    I might be wrong, but the HOUSE a short while ago was on the verge of a flip. Seriously said. This
    sets up the scenario for a total zoo all thru 2019 that shall make the Kavanaugh Hearings look most
    genteel and polite. Expect a total 5 ring circus. Expect more polarization, not less. Few will hold back.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Three seats going Democrat in the Senate makes it more difficult for a conviction to hit DJT in full.
    I might be wrong, but the HOUSE a short while ago was on the verge of a flip. Seriously said. This
    sets up the scenario for a total zoo all thru 2019 that shall make the Kavanaugh Hearings look most
    genteel and polite. Expect a total 5 ring circus. Expect more polarization, not less. Few will hold back.
    With Democrats taking the House, they can do investigations if they choose. (Trump is threatening to retaliate with charges and investigations against them if they do). But with Republicans adding a couple seats in the Senate, there is no way the Senate would vote to do the actual impeachment even if the House voted to file charges should they find grounds to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    With Democrats taking the House, they can do investigations if they choose. (Trump is threatening to retaliate with charges and investigations against them if they do). But with Republicans adding a couple seats in the Senate, there is no way the Senate would vote to do the actual impeachment even if the House voted to file charges should they find grounds to do so.
    I see and sense a way, but first the RINO/Centrists in the GOP would have to be totally upset over or completely grossed out by something DJT does or has done...

I see and sense a way, but first the RINO/Centrists in the GOP would have to be totally upset over or completely grossed out by something DJT does or has done...
    Given that only those most closely tied to Trump seem to have won, I doubt they will find anything bad enough for Senate Republicans to vote against Trump. And that assumes that the Dems in the House find something bad enough.

Zippyjuan, my definition of "grossed out" is pure 60s hippie.
    When I ceased comparing DJT to Huey Long be4 I started to
    wonder if he really was Millard Fillmore's reincarnation, I felt
    that we were not getting complete & total honesty from him.
    He is more corrupt than U.S Grant & Warren G. Harding were.
    This assessment even extends to their groups of friends, all.

He went after the female senate Democrats who tried to block Kavanaugh, he got his racist in FL
    and the holy/unholy alliance with Ted Cruz brings home how politics makes strange bedfellows.
    We did see a Blue Wave sweep thru the House, but not as completely in the Senate. The young
    are why Bernie had even a slight chance against Hillary and the remnants of the Kennedy machine.

True...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast