Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disney fires Guardians of the Galaxy's James Gunn over offensive tweets

Disney fires Guardians of the Galaxy's James Gunn over offensive tweets

Disney on Friday cut ties with James Gunn, who was set to direct Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, after prominent conservative Twitter users unearthed Gunn's old tweets referencing pedophilia and rape, reports Deadline.
    Gunn was removed from the Marvel Comics franchise, with Disney calling his tweets "indefensible." The offending comments, which also included jokes about 9/11 and the Holocaust, have since been deleted. Right-wing bloggers who resurfaced the tweets have criticized Gunn's political beliefs, reports Fox News, and have condemned his outspoken opposition to President Trump.

More at: http://theweek.com/speedreads/786140...fensive-tweets

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

And...................that's why we can't have nice things.

Disneys got a lot of pedophiles working for them.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

We would note that Twitter hasn't yet (as of this writing) done anything about Gunn, and that Gunn isn't even "QFD shadow-banned" from default Twitter searches, as many conservatives have found themselves subject to of late.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...hilia-and-rape

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Is Pizzagate still "fake" news?

Heard an odd rumor of a large ring being busted,,, but the MSM is quiet.

Perhaps some old protections are falling away,,??,,, or just a few being tossed to protect the pack.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Is Pizzagate still "fake" news?
    Anybody who thought we were crazy for thinking pizza was code work for child $#@!ing,, well they can eat $#@!:

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Heard an odd rumor of a large ring being busted,,, but the MSM is quiet.

Perhaps some old protections are falling away,,??,,, or just a few being tossed to protect the pack.
    Cernovich tweets and reports on all that, and he is the one trying to out these individuals as well. It is the MSM that ignores it.

Cernovich is getting attacked by HuffPo for reporting on these guys. People are writing defense pieces, people who were happy on twitter when Roseanne got taken off the air, but are now upset these guys are getting fired.. And of course they are taking the weakest evidence and defending them against that. Same thing happened with Pizzagate. One problem is that the strongest evidence is really inappropriate to discuss.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Anybody who thought we were crazy for thinking pizza was code work for child $#@!ing,, well they can eat $#@!:

Black: We ordered pizza for dinner and I stopped after one slice. Available for private consultations. DM for rates.

Mary: Very worried about you!

Black: Don't worry - I'm going to secret eat while everyone is asleep
    Black: Tinder but for pizza.
    Black: They should have a Chuck E Cheese's for adults that is pizza and cots.
    Black: Hosting a bunch of eleven-year-old girls for a sleepover tonight. Terrified their parents will find out.
    Black: Went to my kids' elementary school Halloweed parade. Dissapointingly few "slutty girl" costumes

There are a lot more on that pic if you read them, that are MUCH more disgusting and vile about kids.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I am all for freedom of speech but some of the James Gunn tweets are just creepy AF. I would fire his ass if he was working for me and I say this as someone who love the guys movies.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I am all for freedom of speech but some of the James Gunn tweets are just creepy AF. I would fire his ass if he was working for me and I say this as someone who love the guys movies.
    I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I agree.
    And yet u see some so called conservatives defending him. "Cough" Ben Shapiro "cough"

And yet u see some so called conservatives defending him. "Cough" Ben Shapiro "cough"
    *Ahem* Fake Conservatives: Ben Shapiro and his mentor Glenn Beck.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

It's odd that Shapiro would defend him considering what I just read at Fox. Honestly, I haven't followed too closely. I'm no prude but the "jokes" were creepy and IMO he deserved to be fired.

Earlier this week, Gunn defended liberal actor Mark Duplass, who came under fire for encouraging his fans to follow conservative pundit Ben Shapiro to hear views from the other side of the aisle. Gunn mocked Shapiro in the process, which appears to be the impetus for conservatives digging into the filmmaker’s past.
    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...edophilia.html
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

That isn't "Free Speech" that Shapiro and Beck are defending, it is "Freak Speech."

Hollyweird is chock full of these freaks!

Look how many people defended Polanski?

The Acedemy Awards:

Quentin Tarrantino:
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    That isn't "Free Speech" that Shapiro and Beck are defending, it is "Freak Speech."

Hollyweird is chock full of these freaks!
    I support the guys right to say it but I also support the fact that you have to face the consequences. As a matter of fact, let them talk. That way normal people know to avoid them. Not only that, it gives employers the opportunity to hit them where it hurts - the wallet.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I support the guys right to say it but I also support the fact that you have to face the consequences. As a matter of fact, let them talk. That way normal people know to avoid them. Not only that, it gives employers the opportunity to hit them where it hurts - the wallet.
    Agreed. The consequences are the things most of these defenders are freaking out about. "He got fired!"

I didn't see these defenders defending Roseanne Barr--which makes them hypocrites!

Agreed. The consequences are the things most of these defenders are freaking out about. "He got fired!"

I didn't see these defenders defending Roseanne Barr--which makes them hypocrites!

People have a right to free speech without government consequences but not a right to say repugnant things without cultural consequences.
    Other people have a right to refuse to deal with scumbags, if some segment of society becomes so deranged that it treats normal people like scumbags then you have a culture war but that is one of the risks of freedom.

This just serves as a reminder that culture matters.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Ah, like I said, I haven't really followed it closely.

Maybe one of those guys should hire him.

Another creeper about to be fired.

Apparently Hollywood types don't view children as a "protected class"

When the hell did raping children become a punchline?!
    I think the level of political correctness these idiots practice has warped their minds into previously unheard of levels of sick!

Twitter censoring Mike Cernovich for reporting Hollywood pedophile comments

https://www.pscp.tv/Cernovich/1YpKkLpErZZGj
    Last edited by dannno; 07-23-2018 at 10:49 AM.

Whoa!!!!

LOL

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Uh oh.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    And...................that's why we can't have nice things.

Marvel Star Dave Bautista: Disney Gave In to ‘Cyber Nazis’ with James Gunn Firing

Ha Ha...bunch of $#@!ing weirdos...hope you're all homeless.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

James Gunn’s “Guardians of the Galaxy” cast has already voiced its support for the director to be rehired on the next sequel of the superhero franchise, and it appears Gunn also has the backing of Marvel Studios. Deadline reports behind-the-scenes talks are taking place between Marvel and Disney in which the former is trying to persuade the latter to bring Gunn back into the fold for “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.”

According to Deadline, the discussions between Marvel and Disney started taking place after the entire “Guardians” cast published an open letter pushing Disney to reinstate Gunn as director. The letter was signed by Chris Pratt, Bradley Cooper, Zoe Saldana, Vin Diesel, Sean Gunn, Pom Klementieff, Michael Rooker, and Karen Gillan. Previous reports about the unlikelihood of Gunn being rehired by Disney remain the most true at this point, Deadline says, although Marvel appears to be making one last effort to bring Gunn back.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...190135142.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

This is flat out strange. Who thinks that this is funny?

https://www.infowars.com/wtf-james-g...hotos-surface/

Last edited by AuH20; 08-11-2018 at 12:23 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast