Thread: Rand Paul rebukes 'Trump Derangement Syndrome' on the Senate floor

Rand Paul rebukes 'Trump Derangement Syndrome' on the Senate floor

It seems, Rand was blocking a resolution Bernies Sanders wrote.
    Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) on Thursday blocked a resolution from Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) that backed the intelligence community's assessment of Russian election interference and demanded President Trump speak with special counsel Robert Mueller.

Sanders asked for unanimous consent to try to pass his resolution, saying senators "must act" if they are "serious about preserving American democracy."

"The Congress must make it clear that we accept the assessment of our intelligence community with regard to Russian election interfering in our country and in other democracies," Sanders said during a Senate floor speech.
    Under Senate rules, any one senator could block his request.

Sanders's resolution would also demand already passed sanctions legislation be fully implemented, move to protect the election system and "not accept" interference in Mueller's investigation, including the firing of Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

But Paul objected to the resolution, saying it was a sign of "Trump derangement syndrome" coming to the Senate....

more: http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...t-crazy-hatred
    haha
    Last edited by Valli6; 07-19-2018 at 01:09 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bernie you are irrelevant! You spent your honeymoon in Moscow when they were communistic. You love communism, Bernie!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Wait a minute, Bernie Sanders is upset that he believes the Russians hacked emails that showed Hillary Clinton stole the election from him? He is another one who should be thanking the Russians.. I mean, really he should thank Seth Rich, but if he believes it was the Russians he should be thanking them.

So weird.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Rand kinda lost the debate the minute he agreed with the prog, neocons and the screeching members of the mainstream press that the Russians(whatever that means) interfered with our election.

Also, Bernie is right, nobody is calling for ending diplomacy with Russia, they are just asking for a more hostile posture in appearance with Russia. We know when it comes to actions against the Russians, Trump has been more hostile to them than any president we have had in the last 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Wait a minute, Bernie Sanders is upset that he believes the Russians hacked emails that showed Hillary Clinton stole the election from him? He is another one who should be thanking the Russians.. I mean, really he should thank Seth Rich, but if he believes it was the Russians he should be thanking them.

So weird.
    The whole thing is a joke or some kinda of put on play to trick the voting public into believing that they could vote themselves out of service the agendas of TPTB

Bernie Sanders needs to write another resolution calling out the democrat party for for rigging an election to steal the nomination away from him. Rand woudn't block it, but I'm not sure the democrats would allow unanimous consent on that one.

(I wish Rand could've brought that up on the floor. It would've been hilarious!)
    Last edited by Valli6; 07-19-2018 at 01:30 PM.

Bernie Sanders needs to write another resolution calling out the democrat party for for rigging an election to steal the nomination away from him. Rand woudn't block it, but I'm not sure the democrats would allow unanimous consent on that one.

(I wish Rand could've brought that up on the floor. It would've been hilarious!)
    I keep wondering where are the Bernie or bust people. Although I disagreed with them on issues, I could relate to their optimism only to see it crash.

If he hadn't already, Bernie has definitely sold his soul.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Rand needs to learn to play hardball better, he should study Trump.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I keep wondering where are the Bernie or bust people. Although I disagreed with them on issues, I could relate to their optimism only to see it crash.

If he hadn't already, Bernie has definitely sold his soul.
    Orcs always unify against the rest of us.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

The Democrats are like chronic D&D roleplayers who can now vent out
    on how AntiCommunist they actually are/were back in the heyday day!

gotta luv the way things got interesting all of a sudden!