Thread: House Dems unveil new midterm campaign slogan

House Dems unveil new midterm campaign slogan

House Democrats have finalized their campaign slogan heading into the last months before the midterm election: “For the People.”
    The new motto, which Democratic leaders unveiled in a private meeting with members Wednesday morning, is meant to put a finer point on the broad economic-based messaging Democrats have been pushing with mixed success since last summer. That initial message — a “Better Deal” — has largely failed to break through with voters and has been openly mocked by some Democratic lawmakers.

House Democrats plan to begin working “For the People” into their statements and press conferences, with a focus on three key areas: addressing health care and prescription drug costs; increasing wages through infrastructure and public works projects; and highlighting Republican corruption in Washington.
    “We have 110 days from right now until Election Day and we will be spending the month of August in our home districts and we wanted to make sure we are singing from the same song sheet on the three top issues,” Rep. Cheri Bustos (D-Ill.), co-chair of House Democrats’ messaging arm, said in an interview.

More at: https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...-slogan-730907

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I prefer this one.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    I’m actually hearing Dems up here in Michigan talk a lot more like how Trump was sounding when he was running. One candidate throws a phrase (...and we’re going to fix those DAMN roads) at the end of each of her commercials.

Then on the other side of the isle, the Republican candidates are only bashing each other about NOT supporting Trump.

No real issues other than to see what side can stimulate either the Pro-Trump base or the anti-Trump base more. Nothing for guys like me.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Instead of For the People it should be To The People.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

"F K EM HARDER UNTIL WE GET OUR WAY"?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Instead of For the People it should be To The People.
    Actually, if they were smart and wanted to exploit demographic changes, they would use “Serve the People”.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

They have the Hollywood angle covered...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_...018_TV_series)
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Actually, if they were smart and wanted to exploit demographic changes, they would use “Serve the People”.
    That's a cookbook!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    The problem is that they don't serve the people, they serve themselves. What our politicians do is evil... to the people.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    That's a cookbook!
    Very astute. From the good old days when Hollywood made stories that warned of communism rather than promoting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    That's a cookbook!
    Ha!... beat me to it.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    The problem is that they don't serve the people, they serve themselves. What our politicians do is evil... to the people.
    Of course. Most politicians do that. The modern US left is taking blatant lying to a new level. The left leaders lie, and then the flock also lies in order to push the agenda (and revolution). Unfortunately, most of the flock believes the lies from the leaders, such as ‘serve the people” or “for the people”.

The lies of the flock are more of the nature of “oh, we don’t want to change anything” or “we support the Second Amendment”, when they know that the opposite is the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    House Democrats have finalized their campaign slogan heading into the last months before the midterm election: “For the People.”
    The new motto, which Democratic leaders unveiled in a private meeting with members Wednesday morning, is meant to put a finer point on the broad economic-based messaging Democrats have been pushing with mixed success since last summer. That initial message — a “Better Deal” — has largely failed to break through with voters and has been openly mocked by some Democratic lawmakers.

House Democrats plan to begin working “For the People” into their statements and press conferences, with a focus on three key areas: addressing health care and prescription drug costs; increasing wages through infrastructure and public works projects; and highlighting Republican corruption in Washington.
    “We have 110 days from right now until Election Day and we will be spending the month of August in our home districts and we wanted to make sure we are singing from the same song sheet on the three top issues,” Rep. Cheri Bustos (D-Ill.), co-chair of House Democrats’ messaging arm, said in an interview.

More at: https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...-slogan-730907

Slogan-Make America Corrupt Again

Mission Statement- To make government big, powerful, controlling, and corrupt. Also to innovate new ideas on the lies to make this mission possible.

I think it should be "To serve Man"

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serve_the_People

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Another Michigan gov candidate add on the D side has for his slogan “Join The People’s Summer,”. It just reeks of a communism.

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    Another Michigan gov candidate add on the D side has for his slogan “Join The People’s Summer,”. It just reeks of a communism.
    And it's not even sexy.