Thread: OK state official sent fake email threats to herself appearing to be from MMJ supporters

OK state official sent fake email threats to herself appearing to be from MMJ supporters

'I'm so sorry': Health department attorney confessed to faking threats about marijuana rules, OSBI says

Samantha Vicent
    Jul 17, 2018

The general counsel for the Oklahoma State Department of Health, who abruptly left her post Friday, faces criminal charges of falsely reporting a crime and creating a fictitious email to send herself threats over the agency’s work on the state’s new medical marijuana program.

Julie Ezell submitted her resignation Friday afternoon from the health department, hours after the filing of two lawsuits challenging emergency rules approved by the state Board of Health on July 10 regarding State Question 788.

“I’m so sorry,” Ezell said at 5:22 p.m. Friday to interim Health Commissioner Tom Bates in an email obtained Tuesday morning by the Tulsa World. Ezell, according to a probable cause affidavit, allegedly confessed to an Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agent about two hours before tendering her resignation that she sent false threats to her health department email address.

Ezell is charged in Oklahoma County District Court with two felonies and one misdemeanor.

Court records filed Tuesday afternoon allege Ezell used a fictitious account created on ProtonMail, an end-to-end encrypted email service, on July 8 to send emails to herself. She is also accused of making a fraudulent report the next day about receiving harassing electronic communications over SQ 788 and providing false evidence to the OSBI throughout its inquiry into the matter.

read more:
    https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/stat...7ed371f15.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I'm sorry I got caught.

“F---, text me when you are up. I just got a pretty threatening email about medical marijuana.”

“We will stop YOU and your greed. Any way it takes to end your evil and protect what is ours. We will watch you.”

“We will expose your corruption and evil. We would hate to hurt a pretty lady. You will hear us. We are just beginning.”

“You won’t be able to ignore us today. Check yourself.”

“you impose laws like a dictator and respect none of them,” while another sent on July 11 read, “You appear distinguished in glasses. Wear them for the camera.”
    She's not even good at threatening emails.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Lol, sounds like a typical day on the internet.
    "The Patriarch"

This is not OK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    She’s even complementing herself while “threatening” herself.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    She’s even complementing herself while “threatening” herself.
    She's not even good at giving herself compliments. Pretty lady and you look distinguished in glasses? o_O
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Is there a newspaper clipping cutout font?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Is there a newspaper clipping cutout font?
    Definitely look more sinister.

it just gets worse...

Pharmacy board head allegedly offered official a job to sway marijuana rules

Meg Wingerter
    July 19, 2018

Oklahoma City — The lawyer for a former state official accused of sending threatening messages to herself over medical marijuana regulations said attempted bribes and pressure from heads of other state agencies had taken a toll on her.

Ed Blau is representing Julie Ezell, the former general counsel at the Oklahoma State Department of Health. Ezell resigned July 13 and was charged Tuesday with two felonies and a misdemeanor for allegedly creating false evidence by emailing threatening messages, which were written as if she were being stalked by a medical marijuana advocate, to herself.

The case took another strange turn Thursday when text messages published by the journalism website NonDoc appeared to show Chelsea Church, director of the Oklahoma State Board of Pharmacy, offering Ezell a job if she wrote a rule requiring medical marijuana dispensaries to hire pharmacists, three days before the board voted.

It wasn't clear from the messages if Church meant to offer a quid pro quo, but Blau said Ezell took the messages seriously.

“It's pretty clear that she had the director of another agency offering her what amounted to a bribe,” he said, adding that other agency heads whom he declined to name also were pressuring Ezell at the time. “She basically was offered a position that was not in the spotlight that she was in, for a lot more money.”

Church didn't respond to a request for comment.

Ultimately, Ezell didn't include the pharmacist requirement in the proposed regulations, but the state Board of Health voted to add it as an amendment at their July 10 meeting.

read more:
    https://newsok.com/article/5601970/p...arijuana-rules

and more here:
    https://nondoc.com/2018/07/19/board-...lie-ezell-job/