Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has Rand ever been stronger than now?

Has Rand ever been stronger than now?

I haven't seen one politician defend Trump for the Putin summit...except for Rand, who went on a full frontal assault in the press these past two days. He is stepping out of whatever shadow is being cast on him by the media, and like his father, staying consistent with his beliefs and telling it like it is. This is not the first time he's put his neck out for Trump, but it's definitely the riskiest, and if Trump is successful, this will elevate Rand like never before.

Trump won with the help of libertarians. Can Rand win with the help of Trump fans (in 2024 of course)?

Just because Trump is not a libertarian, does not mean he isn't playing a crucial role in helping libertarianism.

Also, I had chills watching Ron and Daniel on the Liberty Report today. I think Ron was as happy with Trump as he's ever been. We'll see how things play out, but Ron was right...the things Trump was saying and doing today, let's hope he follows through, because the payoff is enormous.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I believe Rand is being groomed to become the successor. He was always perceived by the DNC to be their greatest threat until Trump came and flipped the script. Since becoming President, Trump has treated Rand with respect and has listened to his advice, in particular with health insurance and likely with foreign policy.

I would not be surprised if we see Pence ‘resign’ after this term ‘to spend more time with family’ and Rand be chosen as the VP in the next presidential election, in order to carry the torch another 8 years when Trump finishes his second term.

A Trump/Paul ticket would likely lead to a blowout we have never seen before.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Sounds too good to be true. Why would Trump allow for his ribs to be broken?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Not sure if serious...
    +

Trump’s detente with Russia is one of his riskiest political moves to date, especially given the hysteria from the dems and the MSM regarding Putin and Russia.

Now, Rand is going to Russia to speak with the leaders there.

Who do you think is making those arraignments but Trump? It certainly wasn’t Bolton, who has finally seen the writing on the wall.

When this move by Trump succeeds with Russia (and I believe it will), Rand would be remembered as one of the players who eased the strain and ushered in peaceful relations. He is being sent there as an ambassador to be groomed as the next in line.
    +

Rand is more valuable in the Senate than VP right?

Has a two-term president ever been reelected with a new VP?

What could Trump accomplish with Rand as VP that he can't now?

Quote Originally Posted by kona View Post

Rand would be much more important as VP, especially given Trumps age and the amount of people who want to destroy Trump. If he is VP, his chance of one day becoming president is much higher than remaining as a senator and running again.
    +

Ter, I have similar views on Trump grooming Rand. He will want to pick a successor, nobody can build and continue what Trump has done and continue the trajectory towards liberty like Rand can. We have to do everything possible to help Trump see this.

It's encouraging that Roger Stone recently proclaimed Rand "the future of politics...anti-war, pro-gold, civil liberties."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A lot. Pence was a compromise decision by Trump in playing the game. That was not his first pick.

With Rand as VP, he is protected much more than with Pence whose full loyalties are in question.

Also, Rand is young enough where he can succeed him after Trump is done and continue the platform and Trump’s legacy.

Trump knew his greatest Republican challenger was Rand, just as the Dems knew. He knows that Rand has the ear of independents and even some liberals. He was proven himself in his prison reform suggestions, been a consistent Constitutional conservative with a populist freedom message, and has clout within the black community.

There would be no better VP to run with him than Rand next go around. I think Trump knows that.
    Last edited by TER; 07-16-2018 at 11:51 PM.
    +

DJTvsg isn't really GEOTUS, just POTUS.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    DJTvsg isn't really GEOTUS, just POTUS.
    Now we have two possibilities:

1. The neighbor or somebody who hired him knows Rand is a VP/POTUS in the making.
    2. Trump paid the neighbor, set it up and Rand played along.

Now we have two possibilities:

1. The neighbor or somebody who hired him knows Rand is a VP/POTUS in the making.
    2. Trump paid the neighbor, set it up and Rand played along.

I'll take #1.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You people are thinkers, and you tend to assume other people think too.

The cattle voters are not thinkers ; it seems unlikely to me that they will ever get enthusiastic about Rand - his stage presence just doesn't come-off as presidential.

This is not a criticism of Rand. I think he is the best senator in the USA.
    >_<

Rand is only going all in on this because its the right time and the right message to shine.

Im sure it'll be a great impression on Trump and will help buffer Rand's decision to possibly vote no on Kavanaugh.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

He's paying a heavy price right now, and we need to mobilize and voice our support online. I've never seen things this crazy in my life
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    A lot. Pence was a compromise decision by Trump in playing the game. That was not his first pick.

With Rand as VP, he is protected much more than with Pence whose full loyalties are in question.
    Pence is assassination insurance, not a compromise pick. Just one thought about the Christian Terminator becoming President in the wake of an assassination is enough to deter a lot of leftist ideologues.

I remember Pence from his House tenure, where he was a reliable liberty conservative. I believe he is far closer to one of us than his current public image portrays.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by merkelstan View Post
    The cattle voters are not thinkers ; it seems unlikely to me that they will ever get enthusiastic about Rand - his stage presence just doesn't come-off as presidential.
    Whereas Trump actually does come off as presidential?
    Given who is in the office right now, I don't think that's a hard and fast rule anymore.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

loveshiscountry

Also, Rand is young enough where he can succeed him after Trump is done and continue the platform and Trump’s legacy.

Trump knew his greatest Republican challenger was Rand, just as the Dems knew. He knows that Rand has the ear of independents and even some liberals. He was proven himself in his prison reform suggestions, been a consistent Constitutional conservative with a populist freedom message, and has clout within the black community.

There would be no better VP to run with him than Rand next go around. I think Trump knows that.
    Nahh

Rand being VP would essentially mean he is a Trump cheer leader for the rest of his term. RPF would be so triggered.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

this is a great moment for Rand. I'm all in.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Pence is assassination insurance, not a compromise pick. Just one thought about the Christian Terminator becoming President in the wake of an assassination is enough to deter a lot of leftist ideologues.

I remember Pence from his House tenure, where he was a reliable liberty conservative. I believe he is far closer to one of us than his current public image portrays.
    We will have to agree to disagree. Pence was the compromise to keep the establishment happy as far as I see it.
    +

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Until he splits with Trump on a major issue, then they will hate him (for a day or two). Most Trump supporters are just as tribal as the leftists. Any narrative that doesn't end in "Trump is playing 5D chess to drain the swamp", is going to be met with a lot of aggression.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Honest Abe Lincoln in 1864 dumps poor Hannibal Hamlin of Maine...

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Honest Abe Lincoln in 1864 dumps poor Hannibal Hamlin of Maine...
    How relevant is it today?

FDR dumps Henry Wallace in 1944 for Harry S Truman.
    In 1940 he said he'd totally retire if HW was not his veep.

How relevant is it today?
    This very minor event in 1864 is why we see a spectacular impeachment trial in 1868.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast