Thread: Rand Paul Going to Russia to Discuss Trade, Peace

Rand Paul Going to Russia to Discuss Trade, Peace

Rand Paul Going to Russia to Discuss Trade, Peace

By Jeffrey Rodack
    16 July 2018

Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., says he will go Russia in an attempt to prevent further escalation of tensions between the two nations.

His announcement that he will meet with unnamed Russia leaders came in a column for Politico. It follows President Donald Trump's meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Monday.

"In just a few weeks, I will take my own trip to Russia in an attempt to discuss common ground with their leaders and help prevent further, unnecessary escalation of tensions," Paul said. "We will discuss trade, cultural exchanges and how to better work for peace and prosperity in the world.

"I look forward to consulting with Trump between his visit and mine and to working with diplomats from both countries to have a successful trip and better relationships. Millions of lives could be at stake."

And Paul, whose column was posted as Trump and Putin got set to meet, praised the president for the summit.

"I am thankful that Trump is once again willing to go against the political elite in Washington and keep the lines of communication to Moscow open.

read more:
    https://www.newsmax.com/politics/ran.../16/id/871958/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    briefly discusses trip here

Jan2017

Rand is right . . . it is all about dialogue

- and the past two days we have seen the worst from both the liberal media and from some ex-top officials commenting about
    sitting with a "murderous thug" or the incessant liberal squeal of "Did you ask about Russia meddling in our elections, huh, huh ?

It SHOULD be obvious to especially ex-top government officials like James Comey or Madelline Allbright that even
    just organizing a meeting and summit - regardless if anything gets accomplished - is a good step towards detente

It takes a lot of organizing of security and translators and for the world press, as well as there are less senior meetings
    with particular discussions over big issues.

Rand said some great things I recall against all the neocons on the debate stages of 2016 . . . including at the UColorado CNBC debate where he kept it all from becoming totally unglued, imho.

Glad to see Senator Paul is to meet with various counterparts in Moscow and the Kremlin sooner
    rather than later - or even like never according to the desires of the McCains and Comeys.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 07-18-2018 at 01:55 PM.