View Poll Results: Who Imitated Ron's Positions the most?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Romney

22 16.54%
  • Giuliani

18 13.53%
  • Thompson

3 2.26%
  • Hunter

1 0.75%
  • Tancredo

39 29.32%
  • Keys

8 6.02%
  • McCain

3 2.26%
  • Huckabee

37 27.82%
  • None

2 1.50%

Thread: Who Imitated Ron's Positions the most?

Who Imitated Ron's Positions the most?

Who is the BIGGEST faker (biggest sudden adopter of Ron's positions without having a track record of supporting such)?

Who is trying the HARDEST to pretend they hold Ron's positions?

Who is the LOUDEST voice in being suddenly fond of "limited government", "constitution", "choice", "free markets" etc positions that Ron has always believed in?
    Last edited by TheEvilDetector; 12-12-2007 at 03:17 PM.
    "A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government, and this is necessary to close the circle of our felicity." - Thomas Jefferson, First Inaugural Address

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That could be the title of a viral youtube video showing how Paul has said all these things for years, but now in the last debate for the first votes are cast, all the other candidates fight to copy the supposedly 'fringe' 'longshot'.

There was no selection for "everyone"

Quote Originally Posted by grizzums View Post
    There was no selection for "everyone"
    LOL, just pick the worst of the worst.
    "A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government, and this is necessary to close the circle of our felicity." - Thomas Jefferson, First Inaugural Address

bump

Tancredo, hands down.
    "It is our true policy to steer clear of entangling alliances with any portion of the foreign world. "
    George Washington

"Since the general civilization of mankind, I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations"
    James Madison

Well Tancredo is not a Faker. He may sound like Paul but they agree on many things except foreign policy so I can't really count him.

I can't decide.
    We are the Sons Of Liberty http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_Liberty. Welcome to the Revolution.

“We have allowed our nation to be over-taxed, and over-regulated, and over-run by bureaucrats. The founders would be ashamed of us for what we are putting up with.”
    Presidential Candidate Ron Paul. Ames, Iowa Straw Poll Speech 2007

I don't think it's fair to accuse Tancredo of imitating Paul's positions. Tancredo is the one other Republican candidate who genuinely believes in following the Constitution and has the record to show it. He's a member of Paul's Liberty caucus in Congress, remember?

Tancredo just happens to be horribly wrong on foreign policy and the war on terror. It's the others who are imitating Paul, though -- not Tancredo.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bump

Romney and Rudy probably because it is so DIFFERENT from what they pushed for originally. Unfortunately, I think Thompson is the one who will get away with it the most since he didn't seem to have ANY position originally.
    Want to help Dr. Paul's campaign? Canvass! Learn how at http://www.ronpaulreveres.com/
    Want to coordinate your canvassing? Become a Precinct Leader! http://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/
    Rough Draft: Final Notice of Fiscal Burden
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=92802
    JPEG Graphic of Final Notice of Fiscal Burden http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=96659

Heh, Posers. We aren't falling for it this time, RP '08!

the other candidates are a joke, of course we know that, we've been watching this evolve for quite while. the problem is, the rest of america that hasn't been paying attention, won't know everyone else BUT RP is making a mockery and a sham of truly decent political philosophy. It makes me feel a little ill, but, I'm still confident that RP's integrity and the feeling that you get when you watch him speak, you hear his TRUE convictions that go deep into his heart and bones will let them see the truth. ( i pray this is true) This is what brought me into caring about an election and a politician (gasp!) for the first time in my life. the apathy is over, i hope it's catching on.
    The more laws and order are made prominent,
    The more thieves and robbers there will be.
    ~Lao-tzu

"Do not believe anything because it is said by an authority, or if it is said to come from angels, or from Gods, or from an inspired source. Believe it only if you have explored it in your own heart and mind and body and found it to be true."~ Buddha

Guiliani, Thomspon and Tancredo have said it before and it kinda means something to them.
    No one reads signatures.

I fell off my sofa when they all started saying 'constitution' and oh my now they all think The Debt is a national security issue ('cept Rudy who doesn't get it)...
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Huckabee was totally stealing RP's ideas.

Huckabee: The founders of this great country....... We should have a nationwide smoking ban. Huh? The Huckster was the worst stealer IMO.
    We are the Sons Of Liberty http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_Liberty. Welcome to the Revolution.

“We have allowed our nation to be over-taxed, and over-regulated, and over-run by bureaucrats. The founders would be ashamed of us for what we are putting up with.”
    Presidential Candidate Ron Paul. Ames, Iowa Straw Poll Speech 2007

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They have to try to steal RP supporters.......otherwise they're going to lose. He has to many i's, d's, l's, and c's voting for him. The others are relying completely on r's.......a party whose membership has shrunk considerably because of the Bush presidency. Even Rudy's comments prove they're scared and they KNOW the polls are highly skewed..... "Ron Paul is going to be the suprise of the decade".

They know it's coming, they're trying like mad to slow him down. If you notice, nobody went after Huck.....they ALL imitated Ron Paul (except Tancredo....arguably). They have to, the primaries are only weeks away and Ron Paul is going to sweep um.

Quote Originally Posted by Micahyah View Post
    That could be the title of a viral youtube video showing how Paul has said all these things for years, but now in the last debate for the first votes are cast, all the other candidates fight to copy the supposedly 'fringe' 'longshot'.
    Get it done!

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Bruiser View Post
    Well Tancredo is not a Faker. He may sound like Paul but they agree on many things except foreign policy so I can't really count him.

I can't decide.

Tancredo is racist, despite his protestations to the contrary.

Tancredo has been trying to throw in some Paul comments all along, but I voted Huckabee because all of the sudden he is now trying, and that made it more evident. I wish Tancredo would just go away personally...I love how the media never gets on him about being an isolationist although he wants to get rid of even legal immigration...

They all are trying to copy Ron Paul lately...

Paul and Kucinich are both respectable sincere candidates in their respected parties, but their ideas in the hands of the "Front Runners" are horrifying.
    Last edited by FreedomAndLaw; 02-11-2008 at 02:01 PM.

I'd say Huckabee and Romney are the biggest chamelions and have nothing to lose with this strategy. It sounds so.....Conservative!!!
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined