Thread: Rand op-ed: Trump Is Right to Meet Putin

Rand op-ed: Trump Is Right to Meet Putin

Trump Is Right to Meet Putin
    America needs fewer enemies. What’s wrong with reducing tensions?

By SEN. RAND PAUL
    July 16, 2018

President Trump meets with Russian President Putin today, days after meeting with our NATO allies in Europe. Both meetings are important, and both cause confusion among politicians and those who report on them back home.

Foreign policy is difficult. It comes in many shades of gray, and those who treat it like a team sport do harm to our safety and to our politics.

Politicizing international affairs is a dangerous game, but that hasn’t stopped far too many in Washington, who seem to have forgotten that a vital part of keeping America safe and secure is avoiding war through strong and consistent diplomacy, from playing politics. One way they do this is to insist we not meet with or speak openly to our adversaries on the world stage.

I disagree. Dialogue is especially important when hundreds of millions of lives are at stake, as is the case in relations between the United States and nuclear-armed Russia. So I applaud President Trump for both chiding our NATO allies and greeting its expansion with skepticism, and I applaud him for sitting down with President Putin. We should be doing more of this self-examination and dialogue.

Throughout history, including during the height of the Cold War, both sides maintained constant dialogue and communications. Even during the Cuban Missile Crisis, we had diplomatic relations and constant communications.

read more:
    https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...t-putin-219012

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Rand Paul going to Russia!

No wonder they've renewed the attacks on the Pauls. This will be very interesting.
    Rand Paul to travel to Russia after downplaying election meddling
    BY EMILY BIRNBAUM - 07/16/18 11:51 AM EDT

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) on Monday announced he will be heading to Russia in the coming weeks, arguing that the U.S. must pursue a constructive dialogue with Moscow.

Paul published a Politico Magazine op-ed titled "Trump Is Right to Meet Putin" in support of Trump's historic summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Helsinki on Monday.

"In just a few weeks, I will take my own trip to Russia in an attempt to discuss common ground with their leaders and help prevent further, unnecessary escalation of tensions," Paul wrote.

"I look forward to consulting with Trump between his visit and mine and to working with diplomats from both countries to have a successful trip and better relationships," Paul continued. "Millions of lives could be at stake."

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3...obe-witch-hunt
    edit: Just occurred to me - maybe Rand will visit Snowden?!
    Last edited by Valli6; 07-16-2018 at 11:33 AM.

Man, this might just be something.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Rand Paul will be on Neil Cavuto's show (fox) "coming up soon".
    On now.

Libs are freaking out, and Rand is standing out as Trump's #1 ally.

... and perhaps, successor?

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Libs are freaking out, and Rand is standing out as Trump's #1 ally.

... and perhaps, successor?
    We live in hope.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    No wonder they've renewed the attacks on the Pauls. This will be very interesting.

edit: Just occurred to me - maybe Rand will visit Snowden?!

CNN: After Russian visit, Rand Paul returns to US as double agent.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/...17804786348037
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And of course, he's being threatened with violence again because of it.

Before Trump met Putin, he met with B..i first to get his marching orders.

Rand supports the meeting on twitter and gets brigaded by the h.....a shills. https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1018951052958322688
    >_<

So, I'm curious to hear Rand's thoughts now. Obviously, Trump was right to meet with Putin, but his execution was horrible!

Now, I'm worried about the next international "incident" caused by the intelligentsia. Seems like some kind of major incident will serve all parties, right about now.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire