Thread: Trump Was Asked Who the Biggest U.S. Foe Is. He Mentioned the EU First.

Thumbs up Trump Was Asked Who the Biggest U.S. Foe Is. He Mentioned the EU First.

President Donald Trump named the European Union as a “foe” of the U.S. in an interview, days after a contentious meeting with NATO allies, but a top European official said the suggestion was “fake news.”
    The comment, using a common synonym for enemy or opponent to describe nations that for generations have been considered among the U.S.’s closest and most important allies, continued Trump’s striking shift in posture toward European democracies.
    Over the past few days, Trump badgered NATO allies over their military spending levels. He attacked German Chancellor Angela Merkel over a pipeline deal with Russia. And he chastised British Prime Minister Theresa May for not pursuing a “hard” enough break with the E.U. in Brexit talks and for dismissing his advice.
    Asked to name the U.S.’s “biggest foe globally” in an interview conducted Saturday and aired Sunday on CBS’s “Face the Nation,” Trump first mentioned the EU, adding that “we have a lot of foes.”
    “I think the European Union is a foe, what they do to us in trade,” Trump responded. “Now you wouldn’t think of the European Union, but they’re a foe.”
    Trump also listed Russia as a “foe in certain respects” and China as “a foe economically.”

More t: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ine&yptr=yahoo
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He listed Russia #2 and China #3.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-...nki-jeff-glor/

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well I think we have a lot of foes. I think the European Union is a foe, what they do to us in trade. Now you wouldn't think of the European Union but they're a foe. Russia is foe in certain respects. China is a foe economically, certainly they are a foe. But that doesn't mean they are bad. It doesn't mean anything. It means that they are competitive. They want to do well and we want to do well. And we're starting to do well. You see what's going on we have best unemployment numbers probably that we've ever had. Black unemployment is the lowest level in history. Hispanic unemployment the lowest level in history, Jeff. Women unemployment lowest in 66 years. Our numbers are great. Our GDP numbers are far greater than what they thought.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-15-2018 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Are you complaining?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment