Thread: [Video] Rand Paul on State of the Union w/ Jake Tapper 7/15/18

[Video] Rand Paul on State of the Union w/ Jake Tapper 7/15/18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJsgbUR5z3w

--

Last edited by jct74; 07-15-2018 at 11:27 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Notice how different they are outside of the elections. As if they were some appointed gatekeepers of the electoral process.

Rand Paul on Russian election meddling: 'We all do it'

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...-russia-722205

07/15/2018

Sen. Rand Paul on Sunday sought to justify Russia's interference in America's 2016 presidential race, claiming that all countries meddle in foreign elections.

“I think really we mistake our response if we think it's about accountability from the Russians. They’re another country, they're going to spy on us," Paul said on CNN's "State of the Union," a day before President Donald Trump's scheduled summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Helsinki.

“We’re going to do the same," Paul added.

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein on Friday announced special counsel Robert Mueller's indictment of 12 Russian military officials for hacking the Democratic National Committee in 2016.

But Paul maintained such cyber-intrusions into other countries' elections were common on the world stage, suggesting the United States — while not "morally equivalent" to Russia — provoked the Kremlin's stealth attacks.

“We all do it. What we need to do is make sure our electoral process is protected," Paul said. “They’re not going to admit it in the same way we’re not going to admit we were involved in the Ukrainian elections or the Russian elections.”

Paul also blamed former President Barack Obama for not doing more to halt Moscow's aggression, echoing a series of tweets from Trump on Saturday.

“I wish President Obama had been more aggressive in pursuing it," Paul said.

Rand can't come out and say it, but I'm sure we do more than Russia when it comes to election interference. Maybe Russia bought a few ads. Maybe they leaked emails that showed Hillary Clinton to be the conniving bit*h we already knew she was.

The CIA has done far more nefarious things to influence election outcomes, even inciting coups when the results still don't go our way. When Russia reaches that level, wake me up.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Over in the Fox & Friends clip, Rand talks about his plans to visit Russia with the Cato Institute in August. Fantastic.

His general line of reasoning trying to make peace with Russia instead of constantly provoking is great. In this interview with Tapper, though, Tapper seemed to put Rand on his heels, when Tapper's cold war positioning was clearly just more of the same cold war mentality.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

deranged Jake Tapper : So are you saying we should let Russia do whatever they want?

These people are insufferable
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    deranged Jake Tapper : So are you saying we should let Russia do whatever they want?
    This is something Zippy would say.