Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Papa John's founder becomes unperson at his own company for uttering The N Word

Exclamation Papa John's founder becomes unperson at his own company for uttering The N Word

Fired, disgraced, forced to issue a groveling apology...that's all expected.

But, in a move that Stalin would approve of, they actually purged his image from the company logo and all associated wrappers and boxes and such.

All because he dared to utter The N Word...in what appears to be a circumstance of trying to establish boundaries over when The N Word can be said or not.

ETA - Yes, that's what appears to have happened...he spoke up honestly at some sensitivity workshop bull$#@!, instead of quietly sitting back and mouthing the words the zampolit wanted to hear.

Papa John's logo to change after founder uses N-word

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-44823852

Mr Schnatter will no longer appear on Papa John's pizza boxes and other marketing material

Papa John's founder John Schnatter will be removed from the pizza chain's branding after his use of the N-word forced his exit from the company.

Mr Schnatter, the company's former chairman, had used the racial slur in a conference call in May.

A Papa John's spokesperson confirmed to the BBC that it will erase its founder's image from all advertising.

Mr Schnatter quit as chief executive last year after criticising the NFL over players' national anthem protests.

Shares in Papa John's were up more than 3.1% on Friday following the news of the branding overhaul, improving further on the gains made after it was announced that Mr Schnatter was departing as chairman.

In a statement on Wednesday, the company said it condemned "racism and any insensitive language".

The pizza chain later said it had accepted Mr Schnatter's resignation and that a new chairman would be appointed in the coming weeks.

Mr Schnatter's resignation as chairman was announced earlier this week

Papa John's is the world's third-largest pizza chain, with more than 350 outlets in the UK and 4,900 restaurants worldwide.

The slur occurred during a media training conference call in May between top staff at Papa John's and a marketing agency called Laundry Service.

According to Forbes, the call involved a role-playing exercise that was supposed to give Mr Schnatter experience in dealing with difficult issues.

When discussing how he would distance himself from racist groups, Mr Schnatter said that Colonel Sanders, the founder of KFC, had never faced criticism for using the N-word, Forbes reported.

(That "teaching" session taught a very valuable lesson. If Schnatter wasn't a "racist" before he more than likely is one now. - AF)
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Wait? Didn't Strzok say that he was just exercising his first amendment rights with his unsavory texts?

Ahhh man.. they were my favorite cheap fast food pizza chain..

Not that I eat pizza very often.. tastes awesome, but too much carbs.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Wait? Didn't Strzok say that he was just exercising his first amendment rights with his unsavory texts?
    Start at 2:15 at the video I posted.

Not a good year for them. They lost their NFL spot too. They are going with Pizza Hut. https://www.golfdigest.com/story/nfl...za-sponsorship

Peyton Manning sold all 31 stores he owned just two days before that (inside information?) http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...518n52aisksuie

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ahhh man.. they were my favorite cheap fast food pizza chain..

Not that I eat pizza very often.. tastes awesome, but too much carbs.
    You should be able to to get something like a bowl that just has the toppings over cheese and sauce.

As weird as that sounds, I think the crust has to many Carbs and usually awful for digestion.

Papa John’s CEO: US Needs ‘free markets with limited government’

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-government%92

He should start a new pizza chain called Papa Nigg@s and give all black people at 5% discount.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Not a good year for them. They lost their NFL spot too. They are going with Pizza Hut. https://www.golfdigest.com/story/nfl...za-sponsorship

Peyton Manning sold all 31 stores he owned just two days before that (inside information?) http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...518n52aisksuie
    Meh, all that chain pizza is hog slop as far as I'm concerned.

I'm sick of the double standard and the "unpersoning".

Some crapper can hoot ni gger ni gger ni gger (and no, don't give me any ebonics bull$#@! about "ni gga" somehow being different than "ni gger") a thousand times, along with all other manner of insensitive slurs towards women and god knows who else, and they get a grammy.

This guy was a CEO who took good care of his employees, started a business from nothing, and was a limited government "liberty guy".

All gone, not for directly insulting someone, but for using A Forbidden Word in a honest conversation about when The Forbidden Word can be said.

What a bunch of horse$#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    You should be able to to get something like a bowl that just has the toppings over cheese and sauce.

As weird as that sounds, I think the crust has to many Carbs and usually awful for digestion.
    That's called a Salad or Antipasto.

Hmm.... Good point. I usually think of that as a cold dish so it didn't come to mind as a low carb substitute for a hot food like pizza. I suppose it could be warmed up and have a little extra mozzarella or marina drizzled on it.

Gotta melt the cheese nigg@

Cauliflower crust ftw niggaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Gotta melt the cheese nigg@
    So nuke it.

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-13-2018 at 04:40 PM.

Get the water nigg@

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-29-2018 at 12:59 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

What is this ?!?!?

Papa John says he was ‘pressured’ to use n-word during conference call

https://nypost.com/2018/07/13/papa-j...ign=SocialFlow

By Carl Stier July 13, 2018 | 10:19pm | Updated
    Modal Trigger
    John Schnatter,
    John Schnatter Getty Images
    Embattled pizza chain Papa John’s on Friday moved to erase the memory of founder John Schnatter — literally.

The chain, with 5,212 locations, said it would remove the 56-year-old executive’s likeness from its logo, promotional materials and other marketing efforts, days after he drew heat for using the N-word during an inter-company conference call.

In addition, Major League Baseball has discontinued its Papa Slam promotion with the Louisville, Ky.-based company, and at least 12 MLB teams — including the Yankees and Mets by Friday — dropped local sponsorships.

Also on Friday, the University of Louisville said it would remove Schnatter’s name from its football stadium.

SEE ALSO
    Papa John’s rocked by founder’s n-word scandal
    Papa John's rocked by founder's n-word scandal
    The blowback from the remarks seems to have troubled investors. Papa John’s shares dipped 12 cents on Friday, to $53.55, after rising sharply one day earlier when Schnatter stepped down as chairman of the company.

“In response to the reprehensible remarks made by Papa John’s founder and owner, the New York Yankees are suspending their relationship with the company,” the franchise said in a prepared statement.

Said the Mets, “The highly offensive comments by the founder of Papa John’s are completely inconsistent with our values. We immediately suspended promotional activities with the sponsor prior to our game Wednesday night.”

The 34-year-old pizza chain plans to hire an independent expert to audit all the company’s processes, policies and systems related to diversity and inclusion, Chief Executive Steve Ritchie said in a statement.

Ritchie stressed that the chain, with 120,00 employees and franchise “team members,” is more than just Schnatter.

Eric Schiffer, who works with Fortune 500 companies and CEOs on overcoming crises, told The Post that the company is making the right move in distancing itself from the executive.

“They need to take John Schnatter, and put him in the SpaceX rocket and send him to Mars,” Schiffer said. “His face is radioactive; it’s the kiss of death.”

On Friday afternoon, Schnatter, in an interview on WHAS, a Louisville radio station, said he was pressured to use the N-word during the conference call.

“The agency was promoting that vocabulary … They pushed me. And it upset me,” he told host Terry Meiners.

“It’s caused a lot of grief for my community, for my university,” Schnatter noted. “My employees are distraught, they’re crushed, and it’s all because I was sloppy and I wasn’t as sensitive. It’s the same mistake I made on the NFL comments.”

The executive caught flak in January when he said Papa John’s, a longtime NFL sponsor, saw its sales get dinged because of the league’s players’ national anthem kneeling protest.

Those comments led to him stepping down as CEO — and the NFL cutting ties to the chain.

Sunny Bonnell, chief executive of branding agency Motto, said that after some “knee-jerk” reactions by the chain and rebranding, things should settle down.

Despite the damage and Schnatter’s toxic state, Schiffer believes the turmoil will blow over and the chain will be OK.

“No one is going to care about this in a month,” Schiffer said.

Never sell stock in your company, if you do never sell more than 49%.
    Be careful what you say and don't apologize unless you really mean it.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Never sell stock in your company, if you do never sell more than 49%.
    Be careful what you say and don't apologize unless you really mean it.
    He should have known better than to allow himself to be taken out in such a trivial way. He mustn't have heard about backstabbing?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    He should have known better than to allow himself to be taken out in such a trivial way. He mustn't have heard about backstabbing?
    He has handled the whole thing poorly, he should have told what really happened in the first place and demanded that the tapes be made public in their entirety, then he should have refused to apologize or resign.

He should never have resigned as CEO either.

Our culture has completely forgotten how to have a spine.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    He should never have resigned as CEO either.
    That didn't teach him anything? He should be nominated to Darwin awards.

Sounds like a set up.

I'm having a hard time shedding a tear. Schnatter owns 30% of the company stock. The announcement of his resignation increased his net worth by $50 million for a total net worth of $650 million.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    I'm having a hard time shedding a tear. Schnatter owns 30% of the company stock. The announcement of his resignation increased his net worth by $50 million for a total net worth of $650 million.
    Sorry net worth of $720 million.
    [QUOTE]
    Shares of Papa John’s soared 11% on Thursday after founder John Schnatter resigned as chairman of the board late the day before. The increase added $50 million to Schnatter’s net worth. He owns roughly 30% of Papa John’s stock and is worth an estimated $720 million overall.[/QUOTE]

Dodged that bullet.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

"They wanted 6 million dollars to make it go away."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/33096...-prestigiacomo

July 16, 2018

Last week, John Schnatter, the founder of Papa John's pizza chain, was forced to resign after it was leaked to the media that he used the N-word during a conference call in May. Telling his side of the story in an exclusive interview with WLKY News, Schnatter remained apologetic for using the word, but explained that the word was said as an example of racism and not in a derogatory fashion. He also said that he felt "provoked" into using the word and claimed the media agency on the conference call tried to blackmail him for $6 million over the incident, to which Schnatter replied, "I'm not for sale."

"It doesn't matter the context," Schnatter told WLKY News. "The fact of the matter is that word hurts people. It was a strategy session, it was training. ... I was just repeating what somebody else said. I was actually kind of provoked a little bit."

Schnatter says marketing agency Laundry Service attempted to get them to partner with a third party, which has used the n-word.

"This other party used that word a lot," explained the founder, adding, "By the fourth or fifth pass, I just said, 'No, we're not gonna be part of any such thing. So-and-so used the n-word, and we don't use the n-word, and we're not gonna use the n-word. And that's it.' So, we kind of shut that down quickly."

According to a report from Forbes, during the conference call, Schnatter said "Colonel Sanders called blacks n*****s" and explained that Sanders did not receive similar backlash from the public. The media company was supposed to be helping Papa John's with their public relations.

Two weeks after the call, Laundry Service "tried to extort us," says Schnatter.

"They wanted 6 million dollars to make it go away. ... The words were, 'If I don't get my effing money, I'm gonna bury the founder,' said one of the executives. I'm not for sale."

The company then "ran to Forbes" and the story went viral, Schnatter said.

The founder also hit the media for lying about the incident — something he said he expected — but noted that he was disappointed in local leaders for "caving."

"You know Forbes is gonna lie. You know The Courier is gonna lie," he said. "But you think there would be something solid in these leaders and embrace what really went down."

"I don’t condone racism in any way. Period. It’s just wrong," said Schnatter.

WATCH:

Papa John's is my go-to pizza delivery. Probably use them couple times a month. Get "The Works", season it up and put some salsa on it and you got some good eats.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

The un-personing continues.

Papa John’s Evicts Founder from Corporate Offices

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/201...orate-offices/

16 Jul 201822

Papa John’s founder John Schnatter is still suffering fallout from his use of the n-word as his company continues its campaign to distance itself from him, this time evicting him from his offices at the company headquarters.

In a recent meeting of company officials, a board of independent directors announced the termination of Schnatter’s agreement to be the face of the company and began the process of removing him from all advertising materials, Bloomberg reported.

Schnatter already resigned as the company’s chairman on July 8, but he still has a place on the board and owns about 30 percent of the company’s stock shares.

His woes inside the pizza chain he founded are part and parcel with the backlash he faces in other venues. In one case, Schnatter’s name was also removed from the University of Louisville’s football stadium.

Schnatter’s hometown of Jefferson, Indiana, also removed his name from a basketball gym and his photo was removed from the city’s Wall of Fame.

Schnatter resigned from his company on July 12 after taking flack for using the n-word during a training session on workplace behavior. During the conference call, the pizza chain founder observed that Colonel Harlan Sanders of Kentucky Fried Chicken fame — who died in 1980 — used the n-word and no one ever came down on him.

Schnatter maintains he was using the word in a technical sense and not using it as an epithet.

Regardless, Papa John’s has had an unexpected downturn that started even before the flap over Schnatter’s comments. Papa John’s sales dropped 5.3 percent in North America, Bloomberg noted.

“We know we can do better and I’m confident that we will,” CEO Steve Ritchie said in May. “We expect sales to improve later this year as our new marketing and technology initiatives roll out.”

Two weeks after the call, Laundry Service "tried to extort us," says Schnatter.

"They wanted 6 million dollars to make it go away. ... The words were, 'If I don't get my effing money, I'm gonna bury the founder,' said one of the executives. I'm not for sale."
    So it was all an extortion scheme...figures.

And stupid weak white people fall all over themselves to appease...figures.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast