Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mises University 2018

Venezuela: From Economic Miracle to Economic Disaster
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLJlUTiN1Q8

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 07-21-2018 at 10:56 PM.

The Absurdity of the State | Dave Smith
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J4PbPe2lv8

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Closing Remarks and Awards Ceremony
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6DAJc3aaDE

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 07-21-2018 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    The Curse of Economic Nationalism | Thomas J. DiLorenzo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPuqnCHIZg0

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Occam's Banana again.
    "The Patriarch"

Back in the day, I dropped out of college because I had a fun job and had a social life. I see history repeating itself.

I am going to break the cycle of fun and actually finish my skoolin'. And when I graduate, I'm gonna print me a fancy diploma and hang my shingle right up there next to Mr A's. Maybe even throw myself a graduation party. I saw a gown at the thrift store and I think my old high school cap in the attic. My dad was so proud when I graduated high school he saved everything. Just yesterday Mr A asked me when our next party was going to be and I was thinking one in August and one for my birthday in September. Oh, I could have my Mises U graduation on my birthday because Ludwig and I share the same birth date. We're both Libra's and September 29th is the birthday of The Maverick. John McCain's not a real maverick, btw. He's a faker. I think LVM used his natural talents more productively than I have but I've really been working hard and applying myself since I found My True Calling. I plan on resuming my studies tomorrow night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

The Division of Labor and Social Order | Carmen Dorobăt
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P64cQ2W-ufY

ALTERNATE:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUyS52OucxM

Yeah, I remember her from last year, yeah.

She's a fast talker, yeah.

Her first yeah at 9:38. She's doing much better this time yeah

Oh boy, that first yeah broke the dam for a little bit.

Human beings have different talents yeah

Comparative advantage in Catherine's bakery. James is pretty useless but he works out in the end.

Misesian Law of Association - that's a mouthful

Great lead up to her next lecture yeah

I liked that lecture. It was easy to understand yeah I give myself a B yeah
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

It's been a full business week since Mises U for 2018 ended and no new videos or audio files have been released. So I'm going to stop checking for updates now.

Someone's asleep at the switch this year, at least on the audio side of things. They've only released six audio files, and none from after the first full day (see the OP for links).

Money | Lucas M. Engelhardt
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_jNSrX-XhE

I have not forgotten about my studies. My True Calling is just taking up a lot of time. I should've named my Poshmark closet Suzanimal@MyTrueCalling.

Bernie's still there....I just caught a look at his face. It's not Bernie, it's Wilford Brimley!

I like Lucas M. Engelhardt's chin pubes. I like the way he talks. He's very animated. That's the way I am. Sometimes, Mr A will hold my hands to make me shut up.

He's talking about his garden. Sounds like he got more strawberries than I did. Friggin' squirrels. Raspberries are gross. *gag* His family can't survive on what he grows but he doesn't have to worry because...money.

*I'm good at this topic. I've listened to a lot of Money lectures. Honestly, they're usually my favorite*

Metals are easier to trade than grain or cows.

Paper is easier to conceal and carry than metal.

Fiat system

Supply and demand

I give muhself an A+

loveshiscountry

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Back in the day, I dropped out of college because I had a fun job and had a social life. I see history repeating itself.

I am going to break the cycle of fun and actually finish my skoolin'. And when I graduate, I'm gonna print me a fancy diploma and hang my shingle right up there next to Mr A's. Maybe even throw myself a graduation party. I saw a gown at the thrift store and I think my old high school cap in the attic. My dad was so proud when I graduated high school he saved everything. Just yesterday Mr A asked me when our next party was going to be and I was thinking one in August and one for my birthday in September. Oh, I could have my Mises U graduation on my birthday because Ludwig and I share the same birth date. We're both Libra's and September 29th is the birthday of The Maverick. John McCain's not a real maverick, btw. He's a faker. I think LVM used his natural talents more productively than I have but I've really been working hard and applying myself since I found My True Calling. I plan on resuming my studies tomorrow night.

Robert Nozick's "Anarchy, State, and Utopia" | David Gordon
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31pTBdm5qLk

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Economics of War | Matthew McCaffrey
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huqkEDGpl08

Quote Originally Posted by loveshiscountry View Post
    HAHA!

True story, when my mom told my (very successful) uncle I had dropped out of college he laughed and told her I'd be fine because I'm a good ass kisser and skilled ass kissing's as good as four years of college. He was right. My ass kissing skills ended up getting me a job working in public relations at a fancy Buckhead firm but I quit because I didn't like working in an office. I had no idea what I was doing half the time. Totally bullshitted my way though that job.

The story of my life...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123