Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: poll-- best and worst 3 presidents

poll-- best and worst 3 presidents

i will be 81 in sept and think a lot about presidents we have had in the last 70 years . so i am wondering what others think their best/worst potus are , my thoughts are .

best 3

1- eisenhower

2- kennedy

3- bush sr

worst 3

1- johnson

2- nixon

3- bush jr
    Last edited by ILUVRP; 07-13-2018 at 09:02 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    1 - Dr Ron Paul

2 - Ron Paul

3 - Paul, Ron

Worst

Take your pick...

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Any list without Reagan best and LBJ worst is just wrong.

1. Reagan

2. Clinton distant second

3. Maybe Eisenhower as a distant third

Worst 3
    1. LBJ
    2. Carter

3. W.

Woodrow Wilson was obviously the worst. Not sure who the best was.

Judging on performance..

Best

Trump
    Reagan
    Kennedy

Worst

Bush Jr.
    Wilson
    Obama

Judging on character..

Best

Reagan
    Trump
    Kennedy

Worst

Bush Sr.
    Dick Cheney (Bush Jr's puppetmaster)
    Woodrow Wilson
    Last edited by dannno; 07-13-2018 at 10:00 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Best 3

Eisenhower
    Al Haig
    Can't come up with a 3rd, they're all too horrible
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Worst 3

Dumbya Bush
    LBJ
    Amnesty Ron Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Lincoln has to be worst. At least the bloodiest.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Judging on character..

Best

Reagan
    Trump
    Kennedy
    More like Trump #1. Reagan and Kennedy are OK but Trump's character is terrific, its unmatched how great his character is
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Lincoln has to be worst. At least the bloodiest.
    Lincoln is the reason why we are still the United States of America. If it weren't for him we'd just be a bunch of tiny $#@!ty countries like europe
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Lincoln is the reason why we are still the United States of America. If it weren't for him we'd just be a bunch of tiny $#@!ty countries like europe
    It must be excruciatingly hard for you to pick just one. I mean, there are just so many awesome men from which to choose. The greatest men that have ever lived really - almost gods, when you think about it.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Best:

Coolidge
    Kennedy
    Reagan
    Jefferson
    Washington

Worst:
    Wilson
    FDR
    LBJ
    Nixon
    Carter
    Obama
    Bush Sr.
    Bush Jr.
    Pretty much the rest of them
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Best
    Harrison
    Coolidge
    Trump
    Adams
    Jefferson

Worst
    Obammy
    Rail splitting Illinois faggette
    Obammy
    Both Roosevelts
    Wilson
    Last edited by fedupinmo; 07-13-2018 at 12:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

I agree, Coolidge was good.

Reagan - not so much. He's way over rated. He was anti 2nd amendment too - really his administration set us on a very bad course, carrying forward secret wars, nixon's war on drugs, and setting the stage for the loss of liberty we are all enjoying today.

Jefferson - liked the guy, but set the stage for taxes. While I agree with many things Jefferson wrote, his actions were not always consistent.

Ikenhower, he may have warned us about the military industrial complex, but he played a role in its inception, and if I'm not mistaken, really ramped up our foreign policy. We can thank Ikenhower for our interventionist foreign policy.

Wilson, Lincoln, Roosevelts - can all rot in hell IMO.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    It must be excruciatingly hard for you to pick just one. I mean, there are just so many awesome men from which to choose. The greatest men that have ever lived really - almost gods, when you think about it.
    It's like being asked which of your children is your favorite. You're not supposed to have a favorite, but you do.

My favorite is Trump, though Lincoln did basically invent MAGA so its close call
    - Kim Kardashian

I think this was supposed to be last 70 years.

Obv. Coolidge at the top if you got last 100. Wilson and FDR on the bad list.

Best: Sy Sperling

Worst: All the others

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Best-

1) Donald Trump- First and only non-politician and non military personnel to become President. Ending career politics at all levels.
    2) Thomas Jefferson- Wrote Declaration of Independence
    3) Millard Fillmore- Very laid back

Worst-
    1) LBJ- Used a military draft for Vietnam
    2)FDR- Military draft, first major abuse of 16th amendment, allowed Japan to attack
    3) George W Bush- Allowed 9-11, politicized 9-11, used 9-11 to justifying war in Iraq which created ISIL and ISIS

Top two worst in past 118 years are Wilson , LBJ obviously , I might slide Obama in at the third worst spot for fines for not having health insurance . The three of them are the anti liberty . Tough to pick the three worst though and leave out FDR and Nixon so I can give them honorable mention for bad . Ike would be best after Coolidge .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Top two worst in past 118 years are Wilson , LBJ obviously , I might slide Obama in at the third worst spot for fines for not having health insurance . The three of them are the anti liberty . Tough to pick the three worst though and leave out FDR and Nixon so I can give them honorable mention for bad . Ike would be best after Coolidge .
    Interesting that no one mentions Harding who was probably the best president in the past 100+ years.

He pulled the country out of a huge oncoming depression and did many other things that contributed to Coolidge's legacy. Scandals by some of his administration, combined with a mysterious death, have faded Harding into oblivion & many have put him as one of the worst presidents when he was, in fact, one of the best.

After doing my own research it seems to me he was probably JFK'd & his great service was flushed down the memory hole.

Prosperity restored

Harding died of a heart attack on August 2, 1923, having fulfilled his goal of restoring prosperity. The night of his death, his wife Florence had been reading an article to him from the Saturday Evening Post entitled "A Calm Review of a Calm Man" by Samuel G. Blythe. "There is nothing so political as the Presidency," Blythe observed, "and the better a politician a President is the better President he will be." Blythe reminded his readers that things had been in a bad way when Harding came into office, but now America was "the only legitimately prosperous country in the world." Prosperity, he continued, "extends from coast to coast, from the Canadian border to Mexico. Labor is universally employed at high wages. Money is plentiful. All lines of business are flourishing. And there is no other country in the world of which this can be said."

Blythe's account was accurate. Harding's policies, put into practice by men like Charles G. Dawes, succeeded in turning the country around. This was not easy with a fractious Republican party at odds over regional and economic issues. Nevertheless, Harding cut income tax rates for Americans at every income level. According to economist Benjamin Anderson, employment and businesses rallied as a result of "a drastic cleaning up of credit weakness, a drastic reduction in the costs of production, and on the free play of private enterprise."

It had been Harding's hope that inequality of income would decrease as foreign markets expanded, creating more economic opportunities; he worked hard with Herbert Hoover and Charles Evans Hughes to achieve this. Harding also modified his position on the tariff, coming to favor a degree of flexibility. He entered the White House having won an overwhelming mandate. He succeeded in healing a divided country by combining fiscal conservatism with some socially progressive attitudes. His efforts to end lynching and his belief in racial equality showed him to be more enlightened than many of his countrymen. They entitle him to be regarded as one of the first modern civil-rights presidents.

The policies of Harding and his successor Calvin Coolidge were undone in the 1930s, when President Hoover adopted the statist measures that laid the foundations for what would become the New Deal. With the election of Franklin D. Roosevelt, a new kind of welfare state was created, and progressivism began once again to flourish. Surveying the situation in 1940 after the economy's downturn and what people were beginning to call a new Roosevelt depression, Dawes penned a warning:

Some day, a President, if he is to save the country from bankruptcy and its people from ruin, must make the old fight over again, and this time the battle will be waged against desperate disadvantages. Against him will be arrayed the largest, strongest, and most formidably entrenched army of interested government spenders, wasters, and patronage-dispensing politicians the world has yet known.

Dawes was prescient. As the old fight is once again being waged, we can only hope that the president Americans elect in 2012 will be as much of a "reactionary" as Warren G. Harding--and as much of a success.

Ronald Radosh is an adjunct fellow at the Hudson Institute and a writer for Pajamas Media. Allis Radosh is a historian. They are coauthors of A Safe Haven: Harry S. Truman and the Founding of Israel and are writing a book on the presidency of Warren G. Harding. The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of the author.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-we...ing-seriously/
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Best: Sy Sperling

Worst: All the others
    He's not only the president, he's also a client.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    Woodrow Wilson was obviously the worst.

The reason you humanist progressives don't like Wilson has nothing to do with liberty. You don't like him for some of his "right" leanings. For example, Wilson said:

“America was born a Christian nation."

Wilson also liked the film Birth of a Nation and was denounced as a segregationist.

When will you and your friends be taking down his statue somewhere in America?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

I think we fortunately avoided the worst Hillary “I eat embryos for lunch” Clinton. We have Trump to thank for that.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Best
    Jefferson
    Madison
    Cleveland
    Harding
    Coolidge

Worst
    Wilson
    Franklin Roosevelt
    Johnson
    Obama
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 07-13-2018 at 09:41 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Any list without Reagan best and LBJ worst is just wrong.

1. Reagan

Seriously?
    Is that taking into consideration that of all US Presidents in history Reagan was the biggest supporter/funder of violent extremist Islamist Jihadis and that 9/11 & resulting Iraqi/Afghan Freedom wars cost America trillions of dollars and injury/death of millions of Americans?

He even dedicated Space Shuttle launch to honor violent Islamist Jihadi militants. Al Qaeda was birthed in sanctury of same Jihadi militants. Even to this day, America is still engaged in its longest war history fighting the very militants Reagan armed/funded.
    Just this week, two US troops were killed in Afghanistan. Many more have died/lost limbs in past 17 years .

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    The reason you humanist progressives don't like Wilson has nothing to do with liberty. You don't like him for some of his "right" leanings. For example, Wilson said:

“America was born a Christian nation."

Wilson also liked the film Birth of a Nation and was denounced as a segregationist.

When will you and your friends be taking down his statue somewhere in America?
    So if the reason I don't like Wilson is because he was a segregationist, that has nothing to do with liberty? Really? lol...

BTW, when you make retarded posts like this, are you really 100% sure in your accusations, like you mentioned? Or is that a facade? I think swordsmyth may need to induct a new fellow in his paranoid schizophrenic club

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Seriously?
    Is that taking into consideration that of all US Presidents in history Reagan was the biggest supporter/funder of violent extremist Islamist Jihadis and that 9/11 & resulting Iraqi/Afghan Freedom wars cost America trillions of dollars and injury/death of millions of Americans?

He even dedicated Space Shuttle launch to honor violent Islamist Jihadi militants. Al Qaeda was birthed in sanctury of same Jihadi militants. Even to this day, America is still engaged in its longest war history fighting the very militants Reagan armed/funded.
    Just this week, two US troops were killed in Afghanistan. Many more have died/lost limbs in past 17 years .
    must spread rep around

Best President = King George III. Check out that low low tax rate!

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Best President = King George III. Check out that low low tax rate!
    It would be very difficult to get a zero income tax through legislation. What can be done is pardons of tax evasion. Donald Trump has pardoned people involved with the Bundy ranch which is very close to saying you don't have to pay taxes esp since Donald Trump owns a hotel business that is his intention.

must spread rep around
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Seriously?
    Reagan had the best foreign policy of any modern president. He only used military force a few times. And they were small scale. He had the wisdom to cut and run in Lebanon. Grenada was justified and successful. And retaliating against Qaddafi's attack on American soldiers was justified. There were no humanitarian missions.

And he wasn't passive aggressive like cuckold Jimmy Carter. He made it clear, "We win, they lose." His ability to tackle issues head from a position of strength ended tensions without firing a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Judging on performance..

Best

Trump
    Reagan
    Kennedy

Worst

Bush Jr.
    Wilson
    Obama

Judging on character..

Best

Reagan
    Trump
    Kennedy

Worst

Bush Sr.
    Dick Cheney (Bush Jr's puppetmaster)
    Woodrow Wilson
    Any list that has Wilson under the worst, but has neither Harding nor Coolidge under the best, is one crappy list.

For those of us who can actually count to 70, as the OP requested, there have been no best presidents since 1938. There have been mediocre presidents and there have been awful presidents. But there have been no good presidents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast