Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: poll-- best and worst 3 presidents

Why is Jimmy Carter always considered a bad prisident. When was not fighting wars a bad thing?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaazn View Post
    Why is Jimmy Carter always considered a bad prisident. When was not fighting wars a bad thing?
    Well.... He escalated tensions with Russia and put us on the brink. He dealt with them in the worst possible way. He and his diplomats went radio silent. He dealt with them passive aggressively. Reagan set the moral tone that there is only way good guy here but we are going to talk things through and deescalate tensions.

Domestically, Carter put price controls on gas which lead to shortages and gas lines. He put a windfall profits tax on the oil companies, because they apparently didn't have economics textbooks available in the White House. He raised taxes in the middle of a slow economy. He thought you controlled inflation through balancing the budget not through monetary policy. Inflation got so bad they had to issue Carter bonds in different currencies.

Then he is giving speeches from the Oval Office about how America's best days are behind and we should just accept a lower standard of living. He let the Iranians walk all over him with US hostages. It took an ass kicker like Reagan to get the country out it slump.

I don't understand the dislike here for Reagan. He wasn't perfect but I would be okay naming a minimum of one street after Reagan in every city. Two in bigger cities.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    So if the reason I don't like Wilson is because he was a segregationist, that has nothing to do with liberty? Really? lol...

Yes, really. Progs decry segregation in private settings, so you base your dislike on a different principle.

BTW, when you make retarded posts like this, are you really 100% sure in your accusations, like you mentioned?

I am 100% sure that you are paid. And I don't say anything about a person unless I am 100% sure. Not 99%. Not 99.9%. Not 99.99%. 100%.

Or is that a facade?

I think you need more practice with your own facade. Better call your co-workers Zip and TheCount. LOL

``
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Yes, really. Progs decry segregation in private settings, so you base your dislike on a different principle.

I am 100% sure that you are paid. And I don't say anything about a person unless I am 100% sure. Not 99%. Not 99.9%. Not 99.99%. 100%.

I think you need more practice with your own facade. Better call your co-workers Zip and TheCount. LOL

``
    This folks, is what religion does to you. You are willing to believe just about anything without a shred of evidence, as long as it fits your narrative. The ultra-far right (and far left) are both religions at this point. They are the loudest idiots, yet few of their ideas have any factual basis at all to them. You ask NCL for evidence, he will never actually give any, he'll just say "IVE SEEN ENOUGH OF YOUR ILK" or "YOU AREN'T WORTH IT" or "YOU TYPE LIKE ANOTHER PERSON I HAVE IDENTIFIED AS BEING A PAID SHILL WITHOUT EVIDENCE." And the sad thing is, some people will read this and think that I'M the idiot, and that NCL is the rational one. LOL.

Anyways, you do nothing on this forum besides constantly post strawmen and ad-hominems. My opinion is this: all forms of involuntary segregation are bad, state-enforced and privately-enforced. But the state should not force the desegregation of private establishments, mainly because freedom of association, as well as it being difficult to draw the line on what constitutes "protected classes" and what doesn't.

But it still means that Restaurant Owner X is probably a piece of $#@! for disallowing Group Y from his business. I say probably because it depends on the defining characteristics of Group Y. (Once you do the slightest bit of thinking, you will realize that things in this world aren't so black and white, unlike the world of paranoid schizophrenics who constantly worry about DEMONCRATS and PAID COMMIE SHILLS)

What will NCL's next logical fallacy be? Tune in next time to find out!

This folks, is what religion does to you.
    I never mentioned religion.

You ask NCL for evidence, he will never actually give any, he'll just say "IVE SEEN ENOUGH OF YOUR ILK" or "YOU AREN'T WORTH IT" or "YOU TYPE LIKE ANOTHER PERSON I HAVE IDENTIFIED AS BEING A PAID SHILL WITHOUT EVIDENCE."

Why are you putting words in quotation marks that I never said?

Anyways, you do nothing on this forum besides constantly post strawmen and ad-hominems.

Hmm; lemme list the "ad-hominems" from Influenza:

No, you $#@!ing idiot.
    I would love to personally beat the living $#@! out of each one of you RPF trump supporters, but must of you $#@!ing idiots are too scared to even show your face in this thread
    yet we have idiotic trumpeteers posting this autist's $#@! on RPF
    Lol it doesn't even matter how obviously fake the article is, you idiots will eat it up
    Uhh, Trump didn't run in 2012 you idiot. .
    I'm keeping it vague because I don't wish to spend too much time articulating my opinion to an idiot
    I don't know if this bxm guy is trolling or just a complete idiot,
    You are one of the most idiotic posters on this forum,...
    I refuse to be lectured by a racist idiot...

What will NCL's next logical fallacy be? Tune in next time to find out!

But I'm the one making fallacious posts! Ha ha ha ha!!!!!

`

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    I never mentioned religion.

Why are you putting words in quotation marks that I never said?

Hmm; lemme list the "ad-hominems" from Influenza:

But I'm the one making fallacious posts! Ha ha ha ha!!!!!

`
    Yes, after you constantly post strawmen and make accusations based on 0 evidence, I use insults alongside actual arguments to highlight what a retard you actually are. The content of YOUR posts, on the other hand, are exclusively logical fallacies. Nice life you have, by the way. Do you really have time to parse through all of my old posts, cut out the many coherent arguments and leave only the insults? Yes, I employ insults in my posts, and I think it probably works. Do you see the fundie presbyterian crowd posting on these forums anymore? Luckily they are all gone

and btw, why do you constantly have like 3 times as many spaces as necessary between your statements? It's really annoying to constantly delete all the time. I know the internet is rather new for you but maybe you could work on formatting for the rest of us

And by the way, your logical fallacy in that post is "poisoning the well"

But it still means that Restaurant Owner X is probably a piece of $#@! for disallowing Group Y from his business. I say probably because it depends on the defining characteristics of Group Y.
    Whoa, hold the phone...you're admitting individuals can be judged on the defining characteristic of the group they are part of?

And that a business owner's (or anybody else for that matter) "Piece of $#@! Quotient" can be determined by who they exclude or associate with?
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-21-2018 at 03:08 PM.

I use insults alongside actual arguments to highlight what a retard you actually are.

Yes, I employ insults in my posts,...
    Best sig material I've seen in awhile!

Do you really have time to parse through all of my old posts,
    Yes, I do chief. Tell your boss about my hard work. Maybe he'll hire me too!

It's really annoying to constantly delete all the time.
    Why, looky there. Another worker complaining about his job!

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Whoa, hold the phone...you're admitting individuals can be judged on the defining characteristic of the group they are part of?

And that a business owner's (or anybody else for that matter) "Piece of $#@! Quotient" can be determined by who they exclude or associate with?
    Lol you are really stupid. The term "group" is vague. It could mean something like people with criminal records, people without shoes or a shirt, people like you who are overtly racist. Or it could mean people who are black, mexican, jewish, etc. Having prejudice against some of these groups can be understandable, while against others it may be detestable.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaazn View Post
    Carter was a good president. But he was plagued by an uncooperative Congress, a hostile media and even CIA operations designed to embarrass him.

He just wasn't a member of The Club in good enough standing to suit the powers that be. And he was too focused on helping American citizens, even at the expense of the corporations and The Agenda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Lol you are really stupid. The term "group" is vague. It could mean something like people with criminal records, people without shoes or a shirt, people like you who are overtly racist. Or it could mean people who are black, mexican, jewish, etc. Having prejudice against some of these groups can be understandable, while against others it may be detestable.
    Oh, OK, got it...and you decide what is "understandable" and what is "detestable".

STFU...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Carter was a good president. But he was plagued by an uncooperative Congress, a hostile media and even CIA operations designed to embarrass him.

He just wasn't a member of The Club in good enough standing to suit the powers that be. And he was too focused on helping American citizens, even at the expense of the corporations and The Agenda.
    I never thought Carter was a "bad" man, but he was a dunce when it came to economics.

Oh, OK, got it...and you decide what is "understandable" and what is "detestable".

STFU...
    Of course I decide. As do you, dumbass. Except my discrimination isn't based on arbitrary genetics and birthplace, unlike yours. I thought that's what the free market was supposed to be about? That people make decisions voluntarily on which products they should and shouldn't buy, what kind of people they should and shouldn't be involved with...? Jeez, your world view isn't even coherent within itself. Sad!

LOL. The term wasn't vague when you started because you said, "But it still means that Restaurant Owner X is probably a piece of $#@! for disallowing Group Y from his business."

You went from a specific industry of restaurant owner "probably" being a piece of crap to something more muddled that has no probability attached to it. You did it because you got caught. You paid people are pure comedy gold!

I never thought Carter was a "bad" man, but he was a dunce when it came to economics.
    That he certainly was. Him and every other Democratic president since Grover Cleveland.

1. Grover Cleveland
    2. John Tyler
    3. Coolidge, Maybe?

worst 3
    1. Wilson
    2. FDR
    T3. Truman
    T3. LBJ
    Last edited by trey4sports; 04-11-2020 at 01:58 PM. Reason: sequence
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    Ikenhower, he may have warned us about the military industrial complex, but he played a role in its inception, and if I'm not mistaken, really ramped up our foreign policy. We can thank Ikenhower for our interventionist foreign policy.
    It was Truman who was really the father of the modern day military-industrial complex.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    1 - Dr Ron Paul

2 - Ron Paul

3 - Paul, Ron

Worst

Take your pick...
    + Rep

NO president has ever promoted individual liberty, private property and contract rights. ALL presidents have served the central government, leading to central bankers in the early 1900’s, which is repugnant to a free society. Some worse, others worse yet, bones to appease the people to keep the duopoly alive.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Best:
    1.Calvin Coolidge
    2.Grover Cleveland
    3.Martin van Buren

Worst:
    1.LBJ
    2.Lincoln
    3.FDR

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Any list that has Wilson under the worst, but has neither Harding nor Coolidge under the best, is one crappy list.

For those of us who can actually count to 70, as the OP requested, there have been no best presidents since 1938. There have been mediocre presidents and there have been awful presidents. But there have been no good presidents.
    True!

I mentioned Harding's legacy when this thread was first started- but no one still knows who the heck he is.

I also think JFK was a playboy who woke up & tried to do what was best for the country- but we all know the end to that story.
    There is no spoon.

Worst

LBJ, Bush sr&jr, Clinton

Best
    George Washington, Andrew Jackson,

I can't imagine higher praise than this:

Quote Originally Posted by Will Rogers
    Coolidge is the first president to figure out that what Americans want is to be let alone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12