Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Boom. You can't out tariff us. Period. This Trump knows.

By cutting tariffs, China is hoping to stimulate its economy and increase domestic consumption. The move could also strike a blow in the ongoing trade war with the United States, but it is not clear how many U.S. imports already targeted by Beijing could benefit from reduced tariff barriers if they enter China through a third country.

More at: https://worldview.stratfor.com/situa...ading-partners
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Oh, of course. Now that that's settled, we can leave this thread to the not-full-of-$#@! tariffistas and their new conservative gospel of "fair" economic intervention by government.

Says RPF's undermining ultra-progressive who voted Obama twice, Hillary once, and Democrats in the SC senate races. Did I get all those right?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

China Daily published a 4 page ad/article/opinion piece in the Des Moines Register about soybean tariff impact on IA farmers. That's stone cold China, stone cold.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-trump-tariffs

China reached into the U.S. heartland in its escalating trade war over President Donald Trump’s tariffs, using an advertising supplement in Iowa’s largest newspaper to highlight the impact on the state’s soybean farmers as “the fruit of a president’s folly.’’

The four-page section in Sunday’s Des Moines Register, which carried the label “paid for and prepared solely by China Daily, an official publication of the People’s Republic of China,” featured articles including one outlining how the trade dispute is forcing Chinese importers to turn to South America instead of the U.S. for soybeans.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

What can Trump do to stop China from buying Iranian oil? Is the tariff tactic wrt China related to destroying Iran?

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post

China Daily published a 4 page ad/article/opinion piece in the Des Moines Register about soybean tariff impact on IA farmers. That's stone cold China, stone cold.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-trump-tariffs
    They are desperate.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by homahr View Post
    What can Trump do to stop China from buying Iranian oil?
    Not much.

Is the tariff tactic wrt China related to destroying Iran?
    No, China is a much bigger threat than Iran is alleged to be.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are desperate.
    Desperate for South American and Russian soybeans?

What can Trump do to stop China from buying Iranian oil? Is the tariff tactic wrt China related to destroying Iran?
    Everything he's doing is intentionally designed to create a narrative of why other countries are dumping the dollar for trade. Even the EU is setting up a new payment system in conjunction with Iran, China, Russia and others, ostensibly over the Iran nuclear deal. It's all about dumping the dollar as world reserve currency, as directed by Trump's banker cabinet.
    Last edited by devil21; 09-26-2018 at 12:52 AM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Desperate for South American and Russian soybeans?
    Desperate to bluff Trump into folding with a winning hand before they collapse.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Desperate to bluff Trump into folding with a winning hand before they collapse.
    Is there something that's preventing you from recognizing that the rest of the world is systematically dropping the dollar for trade?

Is there something that's preventing you from recognizing that the rest of the world is systematically dropping the dollar for trade?
    LOL

There is no chance of that, they may use other currencies for a few things but the dollar has no feasible rivals right now or in the near or medium term future.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

LOL

There is no chance of that, they may use other currencies for a few things but the dollar has no feasible rivals right now or in the near or medium term future.
    Wow, delusional. It takes big stones to either lie that easily or be that clueless and continue to double down on it. Are you sure you're not a Brit?

Wow, delusional.
    LOL

It takes big stones to either lie that easily
    So anyone who disagrees with you is a liar?
    You sound like a Demoncrat.

or be that clueless and continue to double down on it.

Are you sure you're not a Brit?
    Are you sure you aren't Chinese?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

LOL
    So anyone who disagrees with you is a liar?
    No, anyone that visits sites like Zerohedge but always somehow forgets to post (or apparently read) any of articles clearly denoting the ongoing systematic dumping of the dollar is being purposely disingenuous.

Here's a thread I started 9 years ago on RPF about the planned dumping of the dollar as global reserve. It's loaded with various articles about it. But I know you won't look at it since learning isn't why you post here.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-the-US-dollar

No, anyone that visits sites like Zerohedge but always somehow forgets to post (or apparently read) any of articles clearly denoting the ongoing systematic dumping of the dollar is being purposely disingenuous.

Here's a thread I started 9 years ago on RPF about the planned dumping of the dollar as global reserve. It's loaded with various articles about it. But I know you won't look at it since learning isn't why you post here.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-the-US-dollar
    Opinions on ZH are split, I agree with those like @tmosley (who according to old threads used to post here) who say that there is no viable alternative to the dollar and that the use of other currencies will be limited.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Not much.
    Apparently, Trump can't stop India which is an epic failure on the administration's part. India would have been the easiest country to turn against Iran, but Trump and his staff aren't smart enough to take advantage of the slave-like colonial Indian mindset. Also, zero-sum policy in foreign affairs doesn't really work, but you can still reach your goal (destroying Iran) if you think long-term with some tact and finesse.

D
    Everything he's doing is intentionally designed to create a narrative of why other countries are dumping the dollar for trade. Even the EU is setting up a new payment system in conjunction with Iran, China, Russia and others, ostensibly over the Iran nuclear deal. It's all about dumping the dollar as world reserve currency, as directed by Trump's banker cabinet.
    Turkey, India are doing the same wrt trade with Iran. However, it appears from the news reports that both South Korea and Japan have fallen in line with the US sanctions with no alternatives to trade with Iran.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Opinions on ZH are split, I agree with those like @tmosley (who according to old threads used to post here) who say that there is no viable alternative to the dollar and that the use of other currencies will be limited.
    Who said anything about an alternative currency? No one, at least not me, has suggested that any one currency will replace the dollar. That's not the plan. The globalist plan is to remove the dollar as reserve currency so that no single country has such an impact on world trade. Trump is doing a splendid job of displaying why that should be changed, as has been planned. All of this is about removing the dollar, not replacing it with another single currency.

Who said anything about an alternative currency? No one, at least not me, has suggested that any one currency will replace the dollar. That's not the plan. The globalist plan is to remove the dollar as reserve currency so that no single country has such an impact on world trade. Trump is doing a splendid job of displaying why that should be changed, as has been planned. All of this is about removing the dollar, not replacing it with another single currency.
    The dollar will still be dominant, so it becomes a question of much it will dominate and how much power it will still have, I think it will remain very dominant and powerful but I can't say exactly how dominant and powerful both because that isn't clear and because it is simply hard to quantify.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The dollar will still be dominant, so it becomes a question of much it will dominate and how much power it will still have, I think it will remain very dominant and powerful but I can't say exactly how dominant and powerful both because that isn't clear and because it is simply hard to quantify.
    The global currency unit is the IMF SDR (cue Zippy), of which the dollar makes up part of by percentage weighting, but that weighting is subject to change.

The point is that the dollar unit will not be -the- reserve currency any more, which means oil trade in dollars is drastically reduced and the ability to export inflation to the rest of the world is drastically reduced. Cheap oil and cheap debt from the dollar reserve standard have provided Americans a higher standard of living than much of the world. Trump's job is to provide the public reason/cover story for these long-planned changes and spin the ramifications of the changes as a good thing for Americans. Less is more, lower standard of living is good, MAGA. All the same. Whether it is or not good is not what I'm posting about. I deal mainly with facts, not so much opinions.
    Last edited by devil21; 09-26-2018 at 08:01 PM.

The global currency unit is the IMF SDR (cue Zippy), of which the dollar makes up part of by percentage weighting, but that weighting is subject to change.

The point is that the dollar unit will not be -the- reserve currency any more, which means oil trade in dollars is drastically reduced and the ability to export inflation to the rest of the world is drastically reduced. Cheap oil and cheap debt from the dollar reserve standard have provided Americans a higher standard of living than much of the world. Trump's job is to provide the public reason/cover story for these long-planned changes and spin the ramifications of the changes as a good thing for Americans. Less is more, lower standard of living is good, MAGA. All the same. Whether it is or not it is good is not what I'm posting about. I deal mainly with facts, not so much opinions.
    The SDR will not replace the dollar and MAGA will increase the average American's standard of living.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The SDR will not replace the dollar and MAGA will increase the average American's standard of living.
    Whatever you say, scro. I've only been passionately following this de-dollarization process for 10 years but you're the expert here.

SDR's can't replace the dollar since they are comprised of dollars. Get rid of dollars and SDRs cease to exist. (at least half of it does). 42% is US dollars. 31% Euros, 11% Yuan, 8% yen, and 8% Pound Sterling. It isn't actually a currency. There exists less than $300 billion worth of them.

https://www.imf.org/en/About/Factshe...wing-Right-SDR

The SDR is an international reserve asset, created by the IMF in 1969 to supplement its member countries’ official reserves. So far SDR 204.2 billion (equivalent to about US$291 billion) have been allocated to members, including SDR 182.6 billion allocated in 2009 in the wake of the global financial crisis. The value of the SDR is based on a basket of five currencies—the U.S. dollar, the euro, the Chinese renminbi, the Japanese yen, and the British pound sterling.

The SDR serves as the unit of account of the IMF and some other international organizations.

The SDR is neither a currency nor a claim on the IMF. Rather, it is a potential claim on the freely usable currencies of IMF members. SDRs can be exchanged for these currencies.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-26-2018 at 08:38 PM.

Whatever you say, scro. I've only been passionately following this de-dollarization process for 10 years but you're the expert here.
    And I've been hearing about it being a done deal "next year" for about that long, I don't claim nothing will happen but it hasn't been and won't be as dramatic as the Sinophiles claim.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

And I've been hearing about it being a done deal "next year" for about that long, I don't claim nothing will happen but it hasn't been and won't be as dramatic as the Sinophiles claim.
    It's a long process and indeed longer than many, myself included, thought it would take. But it is happening and it's speeding up. We shall see how dramatic it becomes since historically such changes are accompanied by a manufactured World War.

LOL, Zippy pops in every time I post about the SDR. It's like being able to summon spirits upon my command!
    Last edited by devil21; 09-26-2018 at 08:19 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's a long process and indeed longer than many, myself included, thought it would take. But it is happening and it's speeding up. We shall see how dramatic it becomes since historically such changes are accompanied by a manufactured World War.

LOL, Zippy pops in every time I post about the SDR. It's like being able to summon spirits upon my command!
    And still you don't understand what it actually is.

Troll's gonna troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    And still you don't understand what it actually is.
    In case you didn't notice, I was dumbing it down for Swordsmyth to a conceptual level he can understand, not writing a doctoral thesis. Now be gone spirit!

In case you didn't notice, I was dumbing it down for Swordsmyth to a conceptual level he can understand, not writing a doctoral thesis. Now be gone spirit!
    I don't need your "dumbing down" I know what SDRs are.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Trump is right, but he better win.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast