Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1140

Thread: Boom. You can't out tariff us. Period. This Trump knows.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    And, as expected, SS pops up with the next post. Hmm, it's almost like you and Phill4paul are the same poster.

But seriously, the washer price thing was a load of horse$#@!. Just admit it and move on to the next fake narrative MSM article you're about to post.

We await your next load of ChiCom propaganda.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Where's your source on 2015 price? Or am I supposed to trust that figure just like your $512 damaged floor model example? lol

Btw, you're letting your mask slip a bit. That post was remarkably like something SS would write. Who's paying y'all to spread this bs?
    $#@!ing go find it yourself $#@! nuts. I've already helped you along once. Done with you. Just like I am with every other progressive pretending to be something they are not.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 09-12-2019 at 09:41 PM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    $#@!ing go find it yourself $#@! nuts. I've already helped you along once. Done with you. Just like I am with every other progressive pretending to be something they are not.
    ROFL! I do believe I struck a nerve. I really do detest propagandists.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Self loathing can be hazardous to your health, I suggest you change your occupation.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Self loathing can be hazardous to your health, I suggest you change your occupation.
    Tell us more about the $512 damaged floor model washing machine that proves prices are lower than 2015!

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Tell us more about the $512 damaged floor model washing machine that proves prices are lower than 2015!

I never said anything about it.

But as Phil pointed out, two of your examples were cheaper than what he said the price was in 2015.

We are still waiting for the slightest evidence that prices are going up significantly or that any rise is due to tariffs.

But I don't expect honest debate from a follower of the father of lies.

Trying to make this about whether Phil and I are one and the same just makes you look pathetic.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 09-12-2019 at 10:02 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

No nerve struck. Made it clear. Done with progressives such as yourself that need to be walked through every little step towards liberty, including a simple Google search using key words. Your proclivity here is to suck up air and waste my time. I'm done with that $#@!. Go get a beer with Zippy and lament why no one buys either of yours bull$#@!. Or simply just $#@! off. Either, or, works for me.

I never said anything about it.

Bu as Phil pointed out, two of your examples were cheaper than what he said the price was in 2015.

We are still waiting for the slightest evidence that prices are going up significantly or that any rise is due to tariffs.

But I don't expect honest debate from a follower of the father of lies.

Trying to make this about whether Phil and I are one and the same just makes you look pathetic.
    Still no proof of the original $650 figure and only a profanity laced attack when called out on it.

Here's what I think. The $650 from 2015 could be correct. In the 4 years since, the materials quality has gone down, metal replaced with plastic parts and the $650 was the sears.com retail price in 2015. It is now $702 from sears.com, which means not only has the quality likely gone down, the price is in fact $52 higher now. And the brand cited has since gone into bankruptcy, also, meaning liquidation prices. Bad example, total bs, no points awarded.

No nerve struck. Made it clear. Done with progressives such as yourself that need to be walked through every little step towards liberty, including a simple Google search using key words. Your proclivity here is to suck up air and waste my time. I'm done with that $#@!. Go get a beer with Zippy and lament why no one buys either of yours bull$#@!. Or simply just $#@! off. Either, or, works for me.
    Seems your steps include posting bs and then profane personal attacks when called out on it. No, I don't think I'll follow your particular steps to liberty if that's the guide you use. Feel free to put me on your ignore list.
    Last edited by devil21; 09-12-2019 at 10:10 PM.

Still no proof of the original $650 figure and only a profanity laced attack when called out on it.

Here's what I think. The $650 from 2015 could be correct. In the 4 years since, the materials quality has gone down, metal replaced with plastic parts and the $650 was the sears.com retail price in 2015. It is now $702 from sears.com, which means not only has the quality likely gone down, the price is in fact $52 higher now. And the brand cited has since gone into bankruptcy, also, meaning liquidation prices. Bad example, total bs, no points awarded.
    I'm still waiting for something more than airy imaginings and assertions.

Prices haven't risen significantly and the tariffs haven't been shown to be the cause of any rise, meanwhile the ChiComs have been increasing their subsidies, cutting their prices and devaluing their currency to absorb the cost and try to keep marketshare.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

J.P. Morgan estimates that President Trump’s tariffs will cost American families up to $1,000 next year. We have heard this before and we’ll hear it again. But the fact is that tariffs have not yet—nor will they likely—increase the cost of living.
    Further, the myopic obsession with the price of goods ignores the more pressing problem: millions of Americans remain chronically unemployed, and millions more have been reduced to surviving on part-time McJobs and welfare. Turns out, cheap goods aren’t so cheap if you don’t have a job.
    Crying Wolf

Every time President Trump threatens to impose more tariffs on China liberals lose their marbles. Tariffs will make Americans poor! Tariffs will turn America into a fascist dictatorship! Tariffs will—dare I say it—ruin Christmas!

Time and again, reality proves the doomsayers wrong. Tariffs have not increased the cost of living in America. This is obvious to anyone who paid attention back in 2018, when Trump imposed effective tariff rates of 40 percent on imported washing machines. What happened?
    Nothing.

I’ve mentioned this before, but it’s worth repeating. According to the Consumer Price Index (CPI) the cost of laundry equipment increased by 6.8 percent in 2018. The inflation rate was 2.44 percent. In 2019, the cost of laundry equipment decreased by 0.48 percent, compared to an expected inflation rate of 2 percent. Yes, washing machines prices rose slightly faster than inflation—but nowhere near 40 percent.

In any event, we don’t even know if tariffs caused the increase. Prices in 2012 rose by 8.56 percent. And guess what? There were no tariffs to blame. The 2018 price change may just be a random walk. Children find faces in clouds: economists find meaning in randomness.
    The reason tariffs barely affect consumer prices is that they aren’t levied on retail prices. They are levied on the first sale price—the price paid to foreign vendors by American companies or their agents. As such, tariffs are applied on a very small base rate, which harms foreign producers without really affecting American consumers.
    And of course, tariffs can be completely avoided by simply buying American-made products.

I will not go into too much detail on this point as I have written about it ad nauseam. Suffice it to say that the Washington Post does not appear to have the faintest understanding of how tariffs actually work—they really do seem to think tariffs are just sales taxes.
    Lastly, global free trade is underpinned by the theory of comparative advantage. The problem for free traders—of which they are blissfully unaware—is that comparative advantage is domain-specific, meaning that it only applies when certain preconditions are satisfied.
    One of these preconditions is that capital is immobile, i.e. industries cannot simply pick up and move from country to country. Obviously, capital is mobile—American factories move to China all the time. As such, comparative advantage does not apply and free trade lacks any sort of theoretical justification.
    The only reason the Washington Post or Conservatism, Inc. support free trade is because they are ignorant, or on the payroll of the international banks who are profiteering America’s dispossession.
    Upstairs, Downstairs

The free-trade brigade focuses exclusively on the effect of tariffs on consumption. In doing so, they miss the forest for the trees.
    In reality, every consumer is also a producer, and therefore what harms producers—for example, moving millions of jobs to China—necessarily harms consumers down the road. In fact, production always precedes consumption for the simple fact that you cannot consume what you have not produced. You cannot spend what you do not earn.
    You cannot reap what you do not sow.
    The truth of this logic is readily apparent when you look at the actual data. Take, for example, NAFTA. In 1993, President Bill Clinton promised that the North American Free Trade Agreement would create “a million [American] jobs in the first five years.” How?
    NAFTA would eliminate America’s tariff wall with Mexico so that both nations could trade freely. This would allow them to maximize their respective comparative advantages and produce more material wealth. Win-win. Right?
    Wrong.
    Multinational corporations relocated their factories en masse to Mexico—the prospect of saving billions by hiring low-cost Mexican labor was just too good to pass up. Conversely, very few industries moved from Mexico to America. In total, a net 840,000 American manufacturing jobs have been displaced by NAFTA and the resultant trade deficit.
    On top of this, America lost all of the service jobs that depended upon those factories. This is because manufacturing is an anchor industry: factories, like mines or oilfields, generate new exportable wealth and in doing so support predicate industries.
    Predicates, like restaurants or banks, are important because they diversify the economy and make it more efficient, however, they are not self-sustaining. This is why hairdressers and lawyers move to mining towns, but not vice versa.
    The Bureau of Economic Analysis estimates that each dollar of manufacturing output supports roughly $1.48 in spinoff service output—this is called a multiplier effect. When the lost predicate jobs are accounted for it becomes clear that NAFTA cost America a net 2.1 million jobs.
    The problem of offshoring is not unique to NAFTA. Market asymmetries have caused many millions of American jobs to move abroad. China is the biggest culprit and is responsible for the bulk of the 8 million American manufacturing jobs which have been lost—never mind the millions of predicate jobs.
    We often forget about the other sectors which are vulnerable to offshoring, however. For example, over 1 million people in the Philippines work in call centers—most of whom service American clients. Likewise, hundreds of thousands of coding jobs have been offshored to India.
    The list goes on and on.
    To make matters worse, these millions of jobless Americans saturated the labor market. Some found new jobs, although they didn’t pay as well as the lost jobs. A study from Princeton University found that the average wage cut for displaced manufacturing workers was 17.5 percent—waiting tables does not pay as much as building cars!
    Without tariffs to level the playing field between America and the Third World, multinational corporations will continue to move their factories, call centers, and laboratories abroad. At this point, very few industries are safe from the ravages of globalization.
    America will hemorrhage jobs. Small towns will decay. And the middle class will die.
    Tartini’s Trill

Some claim that offshoring has actually improved America’s economy because it has actually bolstered consumption—the benefit of cheap goods outweighs the harms caused by job loss.
    The argument is devious but wrong. The only reason that America has been able to offshore production without simultaneously decreasing its consumption is that we have thus far been able to buoy our consumption by raffling off our assets and debt to Third World buyers.
    For example, American sells $150 billion in real estate to foreigners every single year. Likewise, foreigners have bought up roughly 38 percent of all American corporate shares and 44 percent of our national public debt. In exchange, we got Halloween masks and saved a few bucks on our iPhones. We sold our souls for foreign luxuries.
    Of course, this paradigm is not sustainable—soon we will run out of assets and debt to sell. When that happens, the bubble will burst and we will wish we had not spent our economic summer idly consuming while the Chinese worked hard, storing fat for the winter. Then, we will sing for our supper.
    After all, the Devil always claims his prize.

https://amgreatness.com/2019/09/11/a...inese-imports/
    President Trump’s tweet that he was delaying by two weeks an increase of tariffs on some $250 billion of Chinese imports is right out of the Harvard Law School’s Program on Negotiation (PON). Tweeted the President: “At the request of Vice Premier of China, Liu He, and due to the fact that the People’s Republic of China will be celebrating their 70th Anniversary on October 1st, we have agreed, as gesture of good will, to move the increased Tariffs on 250 Billion Dollars worth of goods (25% to 30%), from October 1st to October 15th.”
    This is laughable on its face but indicative of the sort of hard-bargaining both sides are engaging in. It’s laughable because only the communists in China are celebrating that 70th anniversary of their oppression of the Chinese people. It’s a communist dictatorship, after all, and any celebration will be carefully planned, managed, staged, and performed for a world press enamored by (and deceived by) claims that China has raised itself (all by itself) from third-world status to first-world challenger to the United States.

The PON rule? “Extreme demands followed up by small, slow concessions.” This strategy, according to Harvard Law, “protects dealmakers from making concessions too quickly.”
    It’s not the only rule Trump is following. There’s the “delaying and stalling” technique, the “precondition” technique and the “withdrawn offer” technique, among others.
    Consider: Delaying implementation of the increase gives negotiators on both sides time to come to terms before the new deadline. It provides additional incentive for the Chinese to hold serious conversations. It’s interesting to note that the Chinese negotiators are coming to Washington for those preliminary conversations, another tactic of making a minor concession in order to advance a major conversation.
    China knows the rules. On Wednesday the communists published a short list of American products that would be exempt from its own tariffs (including shrimp, lubricants, alfalfa meal, and some other minor items) in response to Trump’s concession. Those tariffs were imposed by the communists last July as part of the “tit-for-tat” game being played out in the tariff war.
    In addition the communists on Wednesday said they would be announcing more exemptions in coming weeks, provided that the United States continued negotiating in good faith.
    On Thursday the Chinese communists let it be known, through its Ministry of Commerce, that “some Chinese companies were beginning to make inquiries about resuming purchases of American agricultural products.” This is aimed squarely at Trump’s need to reduce tariff pressure on American farmers before the upcoming election.
    The Chinese have touted various changes they claim to have made to certain laws governing foreign investment and intellectual property without being specific.
    It’s all part of a high-level game of poker, following standard negotiating tactics. But the ultimate strategy is not only “advertising what you have” but “having what you advertise.” In Trump’s case, he is holding the high cards: a stronger, larger, and more rapidly growing economy that is much less dependent upon exports than his opponents across the table.
    There’s another factor to consider as well, as revealed by the Chinese communists’ response to the Hong Kong uprisings. They moved mightily to tamp down those protests knowing that they might just give encouragement to others in the homeland to challenge their communist dictatorship. The most current information available is that the communists ruling China face more than 200,000 such protests every year. That is a present reminder of just how tenuous their hold is over the peasantry.
    Trump knows all of this. That’s why he greeted the news of the exemptions as a sign that China would soon compromise, saying that the trade war “was only going to get worse” if they didn’t come to the table, and considered the announcement as a sign that “they want to make a deal.” Said Trump: “They took tariffs off, certain types. I think it was a gesture. It was a big move. People were shocked. I wasn’t shocked.”

https://www.thenewamerican.com/world...ing-strategies
    Bump

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm still waiting for something more than airy imaginings and assertions.

Prices haven't risen significantly and the tariffs haven't been shown to be the cause of any rise, meanwhile the ChiComs have been increasing their subsidies, cutting their prices and devaluing their currency to absorb the cost and try to keep marketshare.
    Even the MSM outlets verify that prices on washing machines have risen and even taken other appliance prices along with them. Whether it's because of "tariffs" or just loss of value of the currency is irrelevant. Prices are rising, quality is declining and citing a $512 damaged floor model washer from a bankrupt company as a bellwether of anything is ridiculous. It's strange that such a patently ridiculous example would be defended so vociferously, also.

Even reason.com notes the price increases.
    https://reason.com/2019/04/22/trumps...out-consumers/

President Donald Trump's tariffs on washing machines resulted in consumers paying an extra 12 percent, on average, to buy a new dryer last year, new data show.

Yes, you read that correctly. Tariffs on imported washing machines ended up increasing not only the retail price of washing machines but dryers too—despite the fact that dryers were not subject to the new import taxes imposed by the Trump administration in January 2018.
    The new working paper provides yet more evidence that consumers, not Chinese-based companies as the president has often claimed, are paying the costs of tariffs. The increase in retail prices for dryers also demonstrates how some businesses have taken advantage of the Trump administration's trade policy to soak consumers a second time.

whole article is worth a read
    Last edited by devil21; 09-12-2019 at 10:28 PM.

Even the MSM outlets verify that prices on washing machines have risen and even taken other appliance prices along with them. Whether it's because of "tariffs" or just loss of value of the currency is irrelevant. Prices are rising, quality is declining and citing a $512 damaged floor model washer from a bankrupt company as a bellwether of anything is ridiculous. It's strange that such a patently ridiculous example would be defended so vociferously, also.
    Just keep listening to the MSM, Xi will give you extra Social Credit points.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Just keep listening to the MSM, Xi will give you extra Social Credit points.
    I edited to include reason.com article on the price increases.

Try $#@!ing Google, dumbass.

Here's what I think.

Well, see, that's the whole $#@!ing problem. Your mind ain't right. Zippy sock puppet.

I edited to include reason.com article on the price increases.
    Treason.com nonsense.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Try $#@!ing Google, dumbass.
    Why do I need to google to verify your claim? You just posted it today so surely you have the link handy for quick reference. Or do you not and just made the $#@! up on the fly like Donald would do?

Treason.com nonsense.
    As opposed to your PNAC "thenewamerican" neocon link? lol

LOL

The New American is the magazine of the John Birch Society and is absolutely against PNAC and neocons.

Do a little research before you embarrass yourself in the future.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

LOL

The New American is the magazine of the John Birch Society and is absolutely against PNAC.

Do a little research before you embarrass yourself in the future.
    Oh you mean that other "New American". Totes different than the other New American.

JBS isn't some bastion of libertarian thought anymore. It's co-opted like everything else has been.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh you mean that other "New American". Totes different than the other New American.

JBS isn't some bastion of libertarian thought anymore. It's co-opted like everything else has been.
    They had their magazine name long before the PNAC existed and they are absolutely a bastion of liberty thought, it is globalibertarians that have been co-opted.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

They had their magazine name long before the PNAC existed and they are absolutely a bastion of liberty thought, it is globalibertarians that have been co-opted.
    Hmm, you think maybe that's because JBS has been controlled opposition from the start and has feigned conservative libertarian ideals while actually doing nothing to advance them? I know you world government supporting Mormons love the JBS...

Hmm, you think maybe that's because JBS has been controlled opposition from the start and has feigned conservative libertarian ideals while actually doing nothing to advance them? I know you world government supporting Mormons love the JBS...

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Why do I need to google to verify your claim? You just posted it today so surely you have the link handy for quick reference. Or do you not and just made the $#@! up on the fly like Donald would do?

Told you twice I wasn't gonna give you another handout. Progressives always want handouts. I helped you once. Taught you how to fish. Still you want me to catch a fish for you. Progressives constantly want others to do work they are capable of doing themselves. Or, maybe, they simply aren't capable of doing it themselves.
    Are you not capable?
    Is that what you are admitting to?

Told you twice I wasn't gonna give you another handout. Progressives always want handouts. I helped you once. Taught you how to fish. Still you want me to catch a fish for you. Progressives constantly want others to do work they are capable of doing themselves. Or, maybe, they simply aren't capable of doing it themselves.
    Are you not capable?
    Is that what you are admitting to?
    So....you got nothin', then. The $650 was made up and the $512 washer was a damaged floor model. Convincing!

Privately run Chinese firms bought at least 10 boatloads of U.S. soybeans on Thursday, the country's most significant purchases since at least June, traders said, ahead of high-level talks next month aimed at ending a bilateral trade war that has lasted more than a year.The soybean purchases, which at more than 600,000 tonnes were the largest by Chinese private importers in more than a year, are slated for shipment from U.S. Pacific Northwest export terminals from October to December, two traders with knowledge of the deals said.

Benchmark Chicago Board of Trade soybean futures jumped to one-month highs on Thursday, with the actively traded November contract in its steepest rally since May.
    Beijing this week renewed a promise to buy U.S. agricultural goods such as pork and soybeans, the most valuable U.S. farm export. Large agricultural product purchases are a key U.S. stipulation for a trade deal, but the two sides remain far apart on other issues..
    Thursday's soybean deals were the largest among private Chinese importers since Beijing raised import tariffs by 25% on U.S. soybeans in July 2018 in retaliation for U.S. duties on Chinese goods. Duties were raised an additional 5% this month.
    Other soybean purchases over the past year have been made almost exclusively by state-owned Chinese firms which are exempted from the steep import tariffs.
    Beijing in July offered to exempt five private crushers from import tariffs on U.S. beans arriving by the end of the year, but very few deals took place before buying was suspended.
    Earlier on Thursday Beijing said Chinese companies were inquiring about prices of agricultural goods.
    "I'm impressed that the day they allow their commercial interests to come back and buy from the United States, here we've got this much sold immediately," said Jack Scoville, vice president with Price Futures Group in Chicago.

Also on Thursday, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) reported China bought 10,878 tonnes of U.S. pork in the week ended September 5, the most in a single week since May.
    U.S. meat traders have been anticipating a pork shortage in China due to an outbreak of African swine fever, a fatal pig disease that has reduced the Chinese herd by a third since it arrived in the country more than a year ago. China is therefore willing to make some U.S. purchases despite a 72% tariff.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-ahe...193044188.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

So....you got nothin', then. The $650 was made up and the $512 washer was a damaged floor model. Convincing!
    You've got nothing but your imagination and it isn't very good.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

As the U.S.-China trade war intensifies, an insurance company run by the Chinese government is stepping in to support Chinese exporters, providing low cost coverage and chasing down U.S. importers unwilling or unable to pay mounting tariffs.China Export & Credit Insurance Corp, known as Sinosure, has aggressively increased its insurance of Chinese exporters since last year, according to company sources and public data.
    The government-led aid is being carefully watched by trade experts who say the practice may run afoul of World Trade Organization (WTO) commitments or be challenged by the administration of U.S. President Donald Trump, who has railed against what he says are China's unfair trade practices.
    Sinosure has boosted the number of new clients by thousands since last August, often relaxing its standards to do so, company data and two Sinosure sources familiar with the standards say.
    In some cases, local governments are even paying the premiums, the two sources say.
    The insurance policies help cushion companies from the risk of export deals collapsing because of elevated duties on goods flowing between the world's No.1 and No.2 economies.

Last year, as the trade war started to bite, Sinosure's claim payouts surged more than 40% to nearly $2 billion, according to data from the company, which is owned by an investment company controlled by the finance ministry.
    Payouts are poised to climb further this year with tariffs rising, according the company's internal estimates.
    The payments stem from what one Sinosure official said was a growing number of U.S. buyers of Chinese goods who were unwilling or unable to pay higher prices for shipped goods. That has left some cargoes stranded at U.S. ports, and Chinese exporters on the hook.
    "We're fulfilling our role as a policy insurer, not a for-profit commercial institution," said the official who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to talk to the media.
    The Ministry of Finance, the ultimate parent of Sinosure, did not immediately respond to Reuters' requests for comments.

Dan Harris, a lawyer who represents U.S. importers, said he has received increasing requests for help dealing with Sinosure demands for payment on behalf of Chinese exporters.
    "Before the trade war, I might go ... four, five months without getting a Sinosure email, now I'm getting four or five a week," said Harris, managing partner at international law firm Harris Bricken.
    Sinosure did not respond to Reuters' requests for information about its push to support smaller exporters, but recent figures - some public and others disclosed to Reuters - provide an insight.
    In 2018, the total sum insured by Sinosure jumped 16.7% to a record $612 billion, the fastest annual pace in six years. Premium income rose just 6%, reflecting the non-commercial nature of many of Sinosure's insurance policies.
    Meanwhile, claims payouts surged 41% to nearly $2 billion, the highest in Sinosure's 18-year history, as loss recovery slumped 32% from the prior year, company disclosures show.
    As a result, Sinosure saw its net profit tumble 42% last year to 359 million yuan ($50.5 million). That represents a return on equity of just 0.9%, according to Reuters calculations.
    A Sinosure source said the situation has deteriorated in 2019 as the trade war escalates, with the United States by far the biggest source of risk.

In the first half of the year, non-payment cases involving U.S. buyers surged 80% in Fujian, hitting the region's fishing, textile and garment industries, said Sinosure. It has partnered with the local government to offer free insurance for small businesses.

Other cities and regions have also partnered with Sinosure subsidise or refund premiums for smaller exporters exposed to the U.S. tariffs, a Sinosure source said.
    Sinosure said it paid $25,000 compensation to a fish exporter in Fujian province this year, after a U.S. buyer refused to pay the full bill for $89,000 worth of yellow croaker fish due to tariff hikes and complaints about the fish quality.

More at: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trade...070812892.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    For someone that hates the left, you sure do like posting liberal Yahoo links.^^^^^^^^^

For someone that hates the left, you sure do like posting liberal Yahoo links.^^^^^^^^^
    Facts are facts and I take them from almost anywhere.
    I don't tend to post many opinion pieces from leftist sources.

Nice try at distraction though.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Facts are facts and I take them from almost anywhere.
    I don't tend to post many opinion pieces from leftist sources.

Nice try at distraction though.
    Oh, I get it now. The left only reports fake news when it's something that doesn't support your narrative. Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

Oh, I get it now. The left only reports fake news when it's something that doesn't support your narrative. Got it. Thanks for the clarification.
    LOL

You are pathetic.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast