Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536
Results 1,051 to 1,062 of 1062

Thread: Boom. You can't out tariff us. Period. This Trump knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Note that there is a coma after "Taxes", not a colon. That means Congress shall have the Power to lay and collect "Taxes and Duties and Imposts and Excises".
    If congressional power to impose any tax, of any kind, was absolute, why did it take a constitutional amendment to impose income taxation?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    In December, they bought 13 million metric tons of soybeans. Then Trump added tariffs and they ended purchases. This is a drop in the bucket from what they bought before the trade war- only 200,000 metric tons a month.

https://moneyandmarkets.com/china-ha...hase-soybeans/
    They don't need nearly so many soybeans now that most of their pigs are dead and we can sell to other buyers.
    The point is that they are getting desperate enough to back off and start buying from us again while we are doing just fine.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Chicago Board of Trade soybean futures have been rising for the past 14 days, a total of +6.64%, on reports, China is granting new waivers to several domestic state and private companies to purchase U.S. soybeans without being subject to tariffs, according to Bloomberg. The companies received waivers for between 2 million to 3 million tons, sources told Bloomberg. Collectively, these firms bought 20 cargoes, or about 1.2 million ton of the soybeans from the U.S. Pacific Northwest on Monday.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...art-next-month

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

China said Thursday it has purchased a “considerable” amount of U.S. soybeans and pork ahead of the next round of trade talks in Washington.
    Ministry of Commerce spokesperson Gao Feng said at a press conference that the U.S. and China are maintaining “close communication” in preparation for the negotiations next month. He confirmed China has resumed its purchase of American farm goods and said the tariffs on those orders will be exempted.

More at: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/26/chin...-products.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    China said Thursday it has purchased a “considerable” amount of U.S. soybeans and pork ahead of the next round of trade talks in Washington.
    Ministry of Commerce spokesperson Gao Feng said at a press conference that the U.S. and China are maintaining “close communication” in preparation for the negotiations next month. He confirmed China has resumed its purchase of American farm goods and said the tariffs on those orders will be exempted.

More at: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/26/chin...-products.html
    Subsidies and sales? Must be nice to make sales and get bailed out by taxpayers at the same time.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Subsidies and sales? Must be nice to make sales and get bailed out by taxpayers at the same time.
    It's almost as nice as getting subsidized goods from China while getting welfare after the Chinese put you out of a job.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's almost as nice as getting subsidized goods from China while getting welfare after the Chinese put you out of a job.
    It probably is. Shame most of us that foot the bills don't benefit from either scenario. I doubt anyone on RPF is receiving welfare payments or taxpayer bailouts. I'm sure we have a few on the govt tit in other ways, however...

Where do I sign up to make sales as usual and still get giant taxpayer funded handouts? Or does that double-dipping only apply to farm belt voters and corporations?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    It probably is. Shame most of us that foot the bills don't benefit from either scenario. I doubt anyone on RPF is receiving welfare payments or taxpayer bailouts. I'm sure we have a few on the govt tit in other ways, however...

Where do I sign up to make sales as usual and still get giant taxpayer funded handouts? Or does that double-dipping only apply to farm belt voters and corporations?
    We should oppose the bailouts and welfare for anyone, but letting China turn us into a giant welfare plantation is not an option.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Excluding food and energy, producer prices decreased 0.3% in September from the prior month, compared with forecasts for a 0.2% increase.
    Both headline and core PPI saw notable YoY slowdowns (although core PPI is at 2.0% or above for the 27th month in a row)...

Under the hood is a sea of deflation...

The cost of goods fell 0.4% after dropping 0.5% the previous month.
    Nearly half of the September decline in prices for final demand services can be traced to the index for machinery and vehicle wholesaling, which fell 2.7 percent. The indexes for automotive fuels and lubricants retailing; apparel, jewelry, footwear, and accessories retailing; airline passenger services; gaming receipts (partial); and professional and commercial equipment wholesaling also moved lower. Conversely, prices for hospital outpatient care rose 1.1 percent.
    Three-fourths of the September decrease in the index for final demand goods can be traced to prices for gasoline, which fell 7.2 percent. The indexes for electric power, iron and steel scrap, basic organic chemicals, fresh and dry vegetables, and light motor trucks also moved lower. Conversely, prices for meats rose 1.9 percent.
    Theoretically, this provides Powell with some more ammo for cutting rates BUT we note that despite all the mainstream media screaming over tariff-driven price surges crushing the consumer - there is no evidence of it at all.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/...gest-drop-2015

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Excluding food and energy, producer prices decreased 0.3% in September from the prior month, compared with forecasts for a 0.2% increase.
    Both headline and core PPI saw notable YoY slowdowns (although core PPI is at 2.0% or above for the 27th month in a row)...

Under the hood is a sea of deflation...

The cost of goods fell 0.4% after dropping 0.5% the previous month.
    Nearly half of the September decline in prices for final demand services can be traced to the index for machinery and vehicle wholesaling, which fell 2.7 percent. The indexes for automotive fuels and lubricants retailing; apparel, jewelry, footwear, and accessories retailing; airline passenger services; gaming receipts (partial); and professional and commercial equipment wholesaling also moved lower. Conversely, prices for hospital outpatient care rose 1.1 percent.
    Three-fourths of the September decrease in the index for final demand goods can be traced to prices for gasoline, which fell 7.2 percent. The indexes for electric power, iron and steel scrap, basic organic chemicals, fresh and dry vegetables, and light motor trucks also moved lower. Conversely, prices for meats rose 1.9 percent.
    Theoretically, this provides Powell with some more ammo for cutting rates BUT we note that despite all the mainstream media screaming over tariff-driven price surges crushing the consumer - there is no evidence of it at all.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/...gest-drop-2015
    STILL not out tariffed. And none of the 'doom and gloom' scenarios have come to fruition. Lol.

In a time when China is losing between a third and half of its pig herds as a result of the unprecedented decimation unleashed by African swine fever - less affectionately known as pig ebola - which has sent wholesale pork prices in China soaring to all time highs...

... and prompted local farmers to breed pigs the size of polar bears...

... China is increasingly finding itself at America's mercy.
    As Bloomberg reports, as China's hog herd is collapsing, Beijing's imports of U.S. pork exploded to a weekly record.
    According to USDA data, in the week ended Oct. 3, pig imports soared to 142,200 metric tons, more than 7 times greater than September's total shipments of 19,900 tons.

China signaled it may import as much as 400,000 tons to stem a domestic shortfall, and it now appears that the US may be the easiest source of said pigs, which needless to say grants the US substantial leverage in the ongoing trade talks. The swine fever outbreak killed millions of pigs. The country also appeared poised to boost purchases of agriculture products as a good-will gesture before talks between Washington and Beijing on easing trade tensions.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/ch...ces-pig-crisis

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536