Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738
Results 1,111 to 1,129 of 1129

Thread: Boom. You can't out tariff us. Period. This Trump knows.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I was wondering when you'd start floating Ivanka or some other Trump to replace Donald.

Haven't we had our fill of "royal" American political dynasties yet?
    This ◊ 1000.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I was wondering when you'd start floating Ivanka or some other Trump to replace Donald.

Haven't we had our fill of "royal" American political dynasties yet?
    I've mentioned Don Jr. as a possibility many times before but I'm not committed to him until I see who else runs and what his platform is.

His family connections are entirely irrelevant, what matters is his policies.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    President Donald Trump’s $28 billion farm bailout may be paying many growers more than the trade war with China has cost them.
    The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s calculations overshot the impact of the trade conflict on American soybean prices, according to six academic studies, a conclusion that is likely to add to criticism that the bailout has generated distortions and inequalities in the farm economy.
    “It’s clear that the payment rates overstated the damage suffered by soybean growers,” said Joseph Glauber, the USDA’s former chief economist who published a review of the research in late November. “Based on what the studies show, the damages were about half that.”
    The academic research has focused on soybeans in part because the crop has been the most visible target of Chinese retaliation and overall received the most trade aid. But the method the department used to calculate trade losses also likely overstates the conflict’s financial impact on most other farm products, though for a few commodities it may understate the true impact, Glauber, now a senior fellow at the International Food Policy Research Institute, said in an interview.
    The divergence doesn’t necessarily mean a bonanza for American farmers, who are being financially squeezed on other fronts, including a global commodity glut that is depressing prices and a year of wild weather that is damaging crop yields.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/trump-28-bill...090000447.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    President Donald Trump’s $28 billion farm bailout may be paying many growers more than the trade war with China has cost them.
    Yay?
    I'm going to need to be told the details before I accept the narrative about this.
    "The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety."
    H. L. Mencken

The US trade deficit shrank to its smallest since June 2018 in October, as trade with China extended its slide with goods imports from the nation dropping to a fresh three-year low.
    The overall U.S. deficit in goods and services trade narrowed to $47.2 billion in October (less then the $48.5bn expected)...

Merchandise imports from China declined 4.8% from the prior month to $35.3 billion...

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/...lest-16-months

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The US trade deficit shrank to its smallest since June 2018 in October, as trade with China extended its slide with goods imports from the nation dropping to a fresh three-year low.
    The overall U.S. deficit in goods and services trade narrowed to $47.2 billion in October (less then the $48.5bn expected)...

Merchandise imports from China declined 4.8% from the prior month to $35.3 billion...

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/...lest-16-months
    Why does this matter?
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    Why does this matter?
    It's from zerohedge and it has charts.

You know how he and Zippy are. If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullcharts.
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    My tax dollars paid to fund ISIS and make fake beheading videos. Are you saying we shouldn't get our monies worth??

In a positive gesture, China said on Friday that it will waive import tariffs for some soybeans and pork shipments from the United States, as the two sides try to thrash out a broader agreement to defuse their protracted trade war.

“The goal (of this move) is to expand purchases and reassure the United States,” said a Chinese source who advises Beijing on the trade talks.
    “It should be interpreted as a positive signal. Despite the many political difficulties the two sides face, economic and trade cooperation and moves to stop the escalation of the trade war are in the interest of both parties.”

U.S. pork exports to China and Hong Kong are already up 47% in volume terms from January to September, even with high duties in place.
    A second adviser to the Chinese government said exemptions on the products suited Beijing, as they helped meet market demand for such goods while reducing the trade surplus with the United States.
    “We might as well buy soybeans from the U.S. rather than from Brazil. Brazil is actually selling us what was purchased from the United States and they even hiked the prices up before selling to us. In that case, we’d better just buy from the United States,” she said.

More at: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/06/chin...l-gesture.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/zerohedge/status...64210947559425

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Orange Man continues to destroy the world economy. Argentina's leftist government, China's go-to source, is raising the evil tariffs of agricultural commodity exports. Will this chaos never cease?

http://www.feedandgrain.com/blog/u.s...-on-trade-news

Argentina's new left-wing government ramped up export taxes on grains and soybeans and their derivatives on Saturday in a widely anticipated move.

The new law establishes a 12% duty for corn, wheat, sorghum, sunseeds and barley.

The export tariff on soybeans, soybean meal and soybean oil is increased to 30%.

Argentina is the largest exporter of soybean meal and soybean oil.

Argentina is the third largest exporter of corn.
    XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

China on Thursday unveiled a new list of import tariff exemptions for six chemical and oil products from the United States, days after the world's two largest economies announced a Phase 1 trade deal.The exemptions will be for one year from Dec. 26, the Finance Ministry said, without providing a value for the imports excluded from duties.
    Duties already imposed on U.S. products would not be refunded, the ministry added.
    The tariff waivers will apply to four chemical products, such as metallocene high-density polyethylene (HDPE) and a special grade of linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE), and refined oil products that include white oil and food-grade petroleum wax.

China waived import tariffs for some soybeans and pork shipments from the United States on Dec. 6, before the two sides reached a Phase 1 trade deal to cancel tariffs that were planned to take effect on Dec. 15.
    China said it will continue to work on the product exemptions and release the second batch of waivers at an appropriate time.

More at: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/china...093956310.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

China will lower tariffs on products ranging from frozen pork and avocado to some type of semiconductors next year, the finance ministry said, as Beijing looks to boost imports amid a slowing economy and a trade war with the United States. Next year, China will implement temporary import tariffs, which are lower than the most-favored-nation tariffs, on over 850 products, said the finance ministry. That compared with 706 products that were taxed at temporary rates in 2019.

The tariff rate for frozen pork will be cut to 8% from the most-favored-nation duty of 12%, while the rate for frozen avocado will be reduced to 7% from the most-favored-nation duty of 30%, said the ministry in a statement on its website.
    Tariffs for some asthma and diabetes medications will be set at zero, said the ministry, while duties on some wood and paper products will be lowered too.
    Import tariffs on multi-component semiconductors will be cut to zero.
    China will also further lower most-favored-nation import tariffs on some information technology products from July 1, said the ministry.

More at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKBN1YR02Z

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

One year after China did not import even one ounce of US soybeans as the trade feud was escalating at the end of 2018, in November 2019, China - which has found itself roiled by soaring food prices - saw its imports of US soybeans surge to the highest in 20 months after more American cargoes cleared customs ahead of the alleged signing of the Phase One trade deal in January.
    According to data from China's Customs Administration, China’s inbound shipments from the U.S. more than doubled to 2.6 million tons, the highest since March 2018, and up from about 1.1 million tons in October. As noted above, in November of 2018 - when the trade war between the two nations was escalating rapidly - China imported no U.S. soybeans.

As Bloomberg notes, citing USDA data, China’s total commitments in the current marketing year hit 10.5 million tons, compared with just 2 million tons the previous year.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/...ation-explodes

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

According to advance good trade balance data from the Census Bureau, November saw the smallest goods trade deficit since before President Trump was elected.

The $63.2 billion deficit was considerably smaller than the $68.7 billion expected:

• Imports fell 1.3% in Nov. to $199.568b from $202.249b in Oct.
    • Exports rose 0.7% in Nov. to $136.375b from $135.450b in Oct.

Auto exports rose 3.4%.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...-trump-elected

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

China's agriculture ministry said Monday that it had approved two new genetically modified crops for import from the U.S., reported Reuters.
    The announcement comes ahead of a potential Phase 1 trade deal signing between Beijing and Washington next month. The U.S. has long demanded that China imports more genetically modified crops.
    According to Reuters, the new crops approved for import were Corteva AgriScience's DAS-81419-2 soybean and 55-1 papaya, developed by the USDA and Hawaii University.
    "This further expands channels for imports of U.S. agricultural products, and helps pave the way for buying more U.S. soybeans," said Li Qiang, chief analyst with Shanghai J.C. Intelligence Co. Ltd.

Reuters also said China renewed import licenses for ten other genetically modified crops, including BASF developed T25 corn, A5547-127 soybean, T45 canola, Oxy-235 canola, and Ms8Rf3 canola.
    Bayer-owned Monsanto Far East Ltd's MON89788 soybean, 15985 cotton, and H7-1 beet were also reapproved for import, along with DuPont subsidiary Pioneer's 305423 soybean and 305423◊GTS40-3-2 soybean.
    With the signing of the Phase 1 trade deal expected next month, China's Customs Administration reported last week that inbound agriculture shipments from the U.S. more than doubled to 2.6 million tons, the highest since March 2018, and up from about 1.1 million tons in October.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/commoditie...ops-us-imports

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Soybeanz iz serial business y'all. Trade dealz being had cuz soybeanz.

I do look forward to the pics of 5'1 chinese men with man boobs in a few years. And won't it be fun when all American oil is sent to China while we putter around in automonous electric cars with 12 mile ranges? 6 if you're on a list.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

The trade deficit fell sharply in November for the second month in a row and sank to the lowest level in three years, reflecting a decline in Chinese imports and the reemergence of the U.S. as an energy superpower.
    The trade gap dropped 8.2% to $43.1 billion in November, the government said Tuesday, basically matching the MarketWatch forecast. It’s the smallest deficit since October 2016.
    Most of the decline recently has been tied to a shrinking deficit with China, whose imports have fallen in the face off stiff U.S. tariffs. Surging U.S. oil exports were another contributor.
    If the gap remains around the same size in December, the U.S. could post the first annual decline in its trade deficit in 2019 in six years.

More at: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/us...war-2020-01-07

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    China customs vice minister Zou Zhiwu said Tuesday that China's imports from the United States rebounded in November and December, and that positive U.S.-China trade sentiment has boosted companies' confidence in December.Zou added that Chinese agricultural imports from the United States were at 14.1 billion yuan ($2 billion) in December, and that soybean, pork imports rebounded significantly in the month.

More at: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/china...030434399.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738