Thread: "Unmasking Antifa" Act Introduced In Congress: 15 Year Sentence For Masked Mayhem

"Unmasking Antifa" Act Introduced In Congress: 15 Year Sentence For Masked Mayhem

Following a spate of violent attacks by masked members of Antifa, four GOP members of Congress are taking matters into their own hands.
    A measure introduced last month in the House would punish anyone wearing a mask who "injures, oppresses, threatens or intimidates" a person "in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege" with a fine and up to 15 years in prison.

Introduced to the House Judiciary Committee by Rep. Dan Donovan (R-NY) and co-sponsored by Peter King (R-NY), Ted Budd (R-NC) and Paul Gosar (R-AZ). H.R. 6054, the "Unmasking Antifa Act of 2018" states:
    Whoever, whether or not acting under color of law, while in disguise, including while wearing a mask, injures, oppresses, threatens, or intimidates any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or because of his having so exercised the same, shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 15 years, or both.
    The bill also includes 2 years of jail time for "Destroying buildings or property" while wearing a mask or disguise.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-masked-mayhem
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This includes govt agents ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    This includes govt agents ?
    "Qualified Immunity"

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

This is crazy.

whether or not acting under color of law
    Well, now, that's interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    But will it trump "Qualified Immunity"?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

oppresses, threatens, or intimidates any person
    According to the left this is all that happens to them.

punish anyone wearing a mask who "injures, oppresses, threatens or intimidates" a person "in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege" with a fine and up to 15 years in prison.

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-10-2018 at 09:18 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    But will it trump "Qualified Immunity"?
    Who would enforce it? The FBI?
    What is the likelihood that they'll actually haul in a cop who is guilty of this crime?
    Qualified immunity, hell, they'll just ignore it. They're sure as hell not going to cross the thin blue line... the FBI needs the cooperation of locals and they know it. They're not going to screw that up, law or no law.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

Have you or your fellow leftist buddies been "injures, oppresses, threatens or intimidates" by someone in those masks?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

I doubt those two will be attacking anyone.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I doubt those two will be attacking anyone.
    Not in those shoes .
    Do something Danke

What if its a religious Burka or head dress?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I thought so.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Aren't there already laws against doing that without a mask? I guess the question is why aren't they already arresting antifa when the break the law? I suppose that is harder to identify them, hence the law.. Seems a bit harsh for some scenarios tho.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Aren't there already laws against doing that without a mask? I guess the question is why aren't they already arresting antifa when the break the law? I suppose that is harder to identify them, hence the law.. Seems a bit harsh for some scenarios tho.
    If they can't catch them when they wear masks how will this law change that?
    It's like gun control, AntiFa will still wear masks and the law will be used to add extra punishment to people that it wasn't intended to cover.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Can't have any one wearing masks when the protests really get started soon. How can the facial recognition cameras identify people exercising their 1st Amendment rights if they're wearing masks?!?!

If Peter King is involved, it's $#@!ery. But of course idiots see "Antifa", lose critical thinking ability and end up eagerly supporting the suppression of their own rights. Cuz of those leftists! Never mind that most of the "Antifa" thugs are hired professional agitators and provocateur cops. This used to be RPF 101 common knowledge.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

If they can't catch them when they wear masks how will this law change that?
    It's like gun control, AntiFa will still wear masks and the law will be used to add extra punishment to people that it wasn't intended to cover.
    I guess the idea is to discourage wearing a mask while committing a crime by adding additional punishment for wearing a mask while committing a crime. The concept is not completely unreasonable, but the execution in this case seems excessive and you make a fair point about entrapping potentially innocent people they didn't intend to.

Like devil21 said, if someone is simply exercising their 1st amendment right inside of a group, and the government decides that the group did something wrong as opposed to the individual they could certainly get caught up.
    Last edited by dannno; 07-10-2018 at 09:56 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Never mind that most of the "Antifa" thugs are hired professional agitators and provocateur cops. This used to be RPF 101 common knowledge.
    That is the only Unmasking needed. Who hired the organizers.??. Command and control was blatantly apparent..
    I suspect it traces to Clinton,,, but would love to see it investigated and exposed.

And look at the collusion between Federal Fusion and hired thugs,,, SPLC is all over that like spiderweb.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Isn't antifa already categorized as a domestic terrorist group by DHS or something?

Even with their new designation, antifa is above the law, allowed by local police to bring their weapons and throw bombs. so would enforcement even do anything with this mask law in place?

THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    That is the only Unmasking needed. Who hired the organizers.??. Command and control was blatantly apparent..
    I suspect it traces to Clinton,,, but would love to see it investigated and exposed.

And look at the collusion between Federal Fusion and hired thugs,,, SPLC is all over that like spiderweb.
    Dunno who does the hiring but it's the same ones that hire the "KKK" on the other side. Plenty of past examples of craigslist ads being posted right before various events (including Charlottesville) offering $25 per hour to participate. Remember the report from C'ville of both Antifa and KKK getting off the same buses together??
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I guess the idea is to discourage wearing a mask while committing a crime by adding additional punishment for wearing a mask while committing a crime. The concept is not completely unreasonable, but the execution in this case seems excessive and you make a fair point about entrapping potentially innocent people they didn't intend to.

Like devil21 said, if someone is simply exercising their 1st amendment right inside of a group, and the government decides that the group did something wrong as opposed to the individual they could certainly get caught up.
    An extra 15 years in jail if you were wearing a mask. Is that a proportionate penalty for that "crime"? Don't we have enough people in jail at taxpayer expense?

Some estimate it costs $70,000 a year for an inmate. http://www.lao.ca.gov/PolicyAreas/CJ/6_cj_inmatecost

Times 15 years (assuming no early parole) and we are paying over $1 million in additional taxes because somebody wore a mask while committing a crime. Yes, I would consider that excessive and unreasonable. More reason to expand the police state and raise your taxes.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-11-2018 at 12:45 PM.

Do we really need another law on the books?

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows