Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TN-Woman gets fired for calling cops on black man for wearing socks in pool

Exclamation TN-Woman gets fired for calling cops on black man for wearing socks in pool

Never Call Cops.

Ever.

For anything...it almost universally turns out bad for somebody.

Woman Fired For Calling Police On Black Man Wearing Socks In Pool

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2018/07...ng-socks-pool/

July 9, 2018 at 2:38 PM

(CBS)–A white Memphis woman was fired from her job at an apartment development after she was recorded calling the police on a black man who was wearing socks while swimming in a pool. Trilogy Residential Management said Erica Walker, a manager at one of their properties, was “terminated immediately after we completed our investigation.”

The company said Walker would “never be employed by Trilogy Residential Management, LLC or any of its properties in the future.”

A woman named Camry Porter recorded the confrontation while she was at the pool area at the Riverset Apartments with her boyfriend and two godchildren on the Fourth of July.

Porter claims Walker said her boyfriend needed remove his socks or leave. Porter later posted video of the incident on Facebook, where it has been viewed more than 1 million times.

“And she was like, ‘Well, I’m the property manager,’ and she pointed at the rules. The rules say, ‘Proper pool attire.’ It doesn’t specify what proper pool attire is,” Porter told CBS affiliate WREG-TV.

Porter said Walker told them hats were also prohibited from the pool, but didn’t approach several white men who were wearing hats in the pool. In the video, Walker said hats are allowed if they’re not dunked in the water.

“You know everything happening in the nation now, and like, now I’m a part of it. It hits home,” Porter told WREG-TV, adding that she believes they were singled out because of their race.

“It does look funny,” she explained. “It’s 25, 30-plus white people out here and you haven’t said anything. You’re partying with them! But when we come, it’s an issue.”

When police arrived at the scene, Porter and her boyfriend decided to leave.

“You called the police on me. That could have went a whole other way. We’ve seen that,” Porter told WREG-TV.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Calling the cops over socks in the pool. SMDH.

she believes they were singled out because of their race.
    Nah, they were singled out because he was wearing socks in the pool. Who does that and why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

So $#@!ing stupid.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    So $#@!ing stupid.
    Ya, he should have just taken the socks off. That's kinda nasty.

It would have been the easiest solution.

But instead he wanted to make a scene and have the cops come and be on the news.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

But instead he wanted to make a scene and have the cops come and be on the news.
    How is it nasty? Weird, for sure, but not necessarily nasty. The main problem I would have with someone wearing socks (or a hat) in the pool is it coming off and getting sucked into the pump.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    How is it nasty? Weird, for sure, but not necessarily nasty. The main problem I would have with someone wearing socks (or a hat) in the pool is it coming off and getting sucked into the pump.
    Well it depends, if you just put the socks on I guess that's ok, but if you just got back from the gym or something that is kinda nasty.

I mean, ya, there is chlorine and $#@!, but you aren't supposed to wear your underwear in there for the same reason. It's just kinda gross.

End of the world? No. But neither is taking off the socks.

If calling the police on black people is so dangerous, then take off the socks.

And she was right, the hat wasn't in the pool.

Not that I would have called the cops, but I just think it is dumb that every time a white person has a complaint against a black person nowadays their first thought is how they can post it to facebook and get on the news.

This is honestly the first time I've ever heard the idea of someone wearing their socks in the pool. I've seen people wear shirts in the pool but never socks.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 07-09-2018 at 04:46 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well it depends, if you just put the socks on I guess that's ok, but if you just got back from the gym or something that is kinda nasty.

I mean, ya, there is chlorine and $#@!, but you aren't supposed to wear your underwear in there for the same reason. It's just kinda gross.

End of the world? No. But neither is taking off the socks.

If calling the police on black people is so dangerous, then take off the socks.

And she was right, the hat wasn't in the pool.

Not that I would have called the cops, but I just think it is dumb that every time a white person has a complaint against a black person nowadays their first thought is how they can post it to facebook and get on the news.
    Why is underwear a problem in the pool? People where swim suits all day or maybe for several days without washing them. What is so different about underwear?

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Why is underwear a problem in the pool? People where swim suits all day or maybe for several days without washing them. What is so different about underwear?
    Underwear, socks and other clothing is far more absorbent, and most people don't sleep in their swim suits.

I mean, what goes in pools is pretty gross regardless, hence the chlorine.. but the reason swim trunks are made the way they are in part is so they don't absorb a lot of water from the pool, a lot of sweat and other things from your skin, etc. Some of that is so they dry fast, but it's also a hygiene issue.

Actually, that's not really the reason. A properly maintained pool should take care of all that. Cotton isn't good for your filter because it breaks down in chlorinated water. That's the main issue pools with heavy use have with people not wearing swim attire. Also, the detergent doesn't completely rinse out and messes up the pool chemistry. My kids go in the pool in their underwear all the time and we don't have a problem BUT we don't have a heavy use pool. Hell, they jump in in sweaty underwear after yard work all the time. Like I noted, the biggest problem I would have with it is that socks might come off the feet and $#@! up the pump.

Yeah, he should've taken off his weird socks but she shouldn't have called the cops, either.

Underwear, socks and other clothing is far more absorbent, and most people don't sleep in their swim suits.

I mean, what goes in pools is pretty gross regardless, hence the chlorine.. but the reason swim trunks are made the way they are in part is so they don't absorb a lot of water from the pool, a lot of sweat and other things from your skin, etc. Some of that is so they dry fast, but it's also a hygiene issue.
    Moisture wicking underwear stays dry and is not at all absorbent.

This is honestly the first time I've ever heard the idea of someone wearing their socks in the pool. I've seen people wear shirts in the pool but never socks.
    They make water socks. I wear them when I go kayaking so I don't cut my feet in the lake and my neighbor's kids wear them at my pool because they're little and the pavement's hot. They're prone to getting out and free ranging around onto hot pavement barefoot. Maybe that's why he was wearing the socks? I dunno. I've never seen an adult wear them in a pool.

Moisture wicking underwear stays dry and is not at all absorbent.
    Ya, that's still kinda nasty tho, and completely missing the point.

Suz posted the main reason why pools don't allow cotton clothing - it breaks down, clogs up the filter and the absorbent materials still contain detergent residue that messes up the pool chemistry. So there is plenty of legitimate reasons to not allow cotton clothing in public pools.

But I've also swam at pools that said you are supposed to take a shower BEFORE and AFTER using the pool, and use proper swim attire. I don't think most public pools want people throwing their dirty laundry in the pool to soak. There is enough germs and stuff to deal with that is on your skin.

Water Socks.

Who hasn't heard of them?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Y'all gotta stop trying to control with the use of hair trigger deadly force what people are wearing. Holy hell.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What were those socks covering up?

I would never call the cops . Not sure I understand why she was fired though. If I had a pool , I would not want socks in it .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I would never call the cops . Not sure I understand why she was fired though. If I had a pool , I would not want socks in it .
    She’s fired because she’s a low rate pawn and was sacrificed to help the apartment save face in this liberal $#@!storm.
    No - No - No - No

Shower and wear swim wear before entering pool. Jesus.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I hope for your guests sake, that pool of yours is heavily chlorinated after your use.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Yeah , they finally got Danke straightened out . He went the first time with no trunks or socks . He wears his swim trunks now .
    Do something Danke

Yeah , they finally got Danke straightened out . He went the first time with no trunks or socks . He wears his swim trunks now .

It pays to advertise. At least in my case.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

...Nah, they were singled out because he was wearing socks in the pool. Who does that and why?
    Clothes washer broke?

Sounds like it.

But I've also swam at pools that said you are supposed to take a shower BEFORE and AFTER using the pool, and use proper swim attire. ...
    Beat me to it. I've seen those signs too. Impossible to enforce, unless someone gets into the spa or pool obviously filthy. Like the homeless people who take advantage of public or condo/apartment pools.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

Beat me to it.

Once saw an older woman (wrinkly, skinny, very tan) washing some kind of wound that was bleeding in a pool. It was at a nice resort in SoCal. No one said anything (at least while I was there). I had to contain myself. You would be shocked to find out how many pools are not properly chlorinated.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Proper attire means that you don't want someone wearing something that they could drown in. Non hydrophobic clothes can make swimming or life guarding much harder. Telling someone that they are going to drown in your pool because they are wearing socks could be taken wrong, I don't see how its racist unless they let people wear non swimming clothes in their pool all the time, and this is the only time they have singled somebody out. I would bet that they are just being pedantic or bureaucratic over racism though, something like that isn't worth getting fired over in this politically bent fake news cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I hope for your guests sake, that pool of yours is heavily chlorinated after your use.
    My water is perfect.

Just, btw, the main reason for the pre-dip shower is to rinse off oils and lotions that can mess up filters. I think that's kind of pointless since most people slather themselves with sunscreen before they get in.

I also wonder how many people worried about the cleanliness of a chlorinated pool go swimming in lakes. Now, that's nasty. I'll go kayaking and get on a float but I try not to get my head underwater and I won't get in if I have a sore - even a little one. I'm not sure about the big cold one's up north but the little warm ones around here are teeming with germies.

I hope he wore sunscreen. Years ago, I was laying out by the pool and Mr A was doing yard work. When he got finished, he took a dip to cool down and kicked back in the chair next to me. We were nude, btw. Anyway, he asked for my sunscreen. LOL, I don't use sunscreen. I use baby oil and iodine. I gave it to him and warned him that he shouldn't put it on - he's pasty white, like Danke. He didn't listen to me. He thought he was being funny putting that oil on his wiener. Anyway, he fell asleep and his wiener got an awful sunburn. It looked like a snake shedding when it peeled, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

Water Socks.

Who hasn't heard of them?
    You really think a black person would be wearing those? LOL
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

exactly what I was thinking. He might have fungus on toes and is embarrassed about his feet.

exactly what I was thinking. He might have fungus on toes and is embarrassed about his feet.
    Then he should have applied for the proper permits with the property manager, to wear socks in the pool.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast