Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh will be Trump’s SCOTUS nominee

Brett Kavanaugh will be Trump’s SCOTUS nominee

For those who follow betting/predictive markets, Brett moved from 36% to 57% likely nominated in the last 48 hours. If Vegas is correct, he will be Trump’s nominee tonight.

Rand said he won’t confirm him, does anyone know why? Thanks

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Not sure if this'll happen - Kavanaugh is a swamp monster. If Trump really goes the swamp route, I guess he's thinking it's the only way to get someone seated before the fall elections. (He'll get cross-over votes for Kavanaugh)

My guess is that there are people leaking his name as a trial balloon.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/05/u...peachment.html

Judge Kavanaugh, who after working for (Ken) Starr (during the Clinton investigation) served as an aide to President George W. Bush, has since expressed misgivings about the toll investigations take on presidents. In 2009, he wrote that Mr. Clinton should have been spared the investigation, at least while he was in office. Indicting a sitting president, he said, “would ill serve the public interest, especially in times of financial or national-security crisis.”
    We live in a perpetual national security crisis state. I'm out.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Cavanaugh is great on gun rights, but he's a swamper.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyJeff View Post
    For those who follow betting/predictive markets, Brett moved from 36% to 57% likely nominated in the last 48 hours. If Vegas is correct, he will be Trump’s nominee tonight.

I agree with Rand. Kavanaugh is Bush friend (that to me speaks volumes).
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I think Amy Barrett is going to be Trump's choice.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    My guess is that there are people leaking his name as a trial balloon.
    Very possible

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I think Amy Barrett is going to be Trump's choice.
    I hope so, she’s my #2 choice on his list

Kavanaugh is everyone's LAST choice, except TPTB.... grassroots/base all want Barrett or Kethledge or Lee.

No matter. Trump will do what Trump does.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by TommyJeff View Post

Kavanaugh reached virtually the same conclusion on the Obamacare ACA case.... he wrote an opinion similar to CJ Roberts.... believe me we don't need another $#@!ing Roberts on the court. We need another Thomas. I'd be happy with Judge Nap
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Kavanaugh reached virtually the same conclusion on the Obamacare ACA case.... he wrote an opinion similar to CJ Roberts.... believe me we don't need another $#@!ing Roberts on the court. We need another Thomas. I'd be happy with Judge Nap
    Rumor has it Judge Nap will be asked to take over the Attorney Generals slot from Sessions. I sure hope the rumor is true.

Rumor has it Judge Nap will be asked to take over the Attorney Generals slot from Sessions. I sure hope the rumor is true.
    I'd say not a snowball's chance in hell Judge Nap is ever asked to serve in a Trump admin....

- Diogenes of Sinope

Stranger things have happened.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Jan2017

No leak expected before the 9:00 pm announcement tonight according to msm/cbsnews . . .

Trump names second Supreme Court justice - live updates
    President Trump is announcing the selection of his second Supreme Court justice Monday night at 9 p.m.

Within a few days of Justice Anthony Kennedy's announcement that he would retire from the court this summer,
    Mr. Trump had narrowed the field to three:
    Judges Brett Kavanaugh, Amy Coney Barrett, and Raymond Kethledge -- all young and all viewed as conservative.

But by Sunday, CBS News chief White House correspondent Major Garrett reported that two candidates had risen to the top of the list -- Kavanaugh and a new candidate, Judge Thomas Hardiman, who was the runner-up to Neil Gorsuch for the President's first Supreme Court nomination.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/tr...-live-updates/
    Last edited by Jan2017; 07-09-2018 at 12:28 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Kavanaugh is everyone's LAST choice, except TPTB.... grassroots/base all want Barrett or Kethledge or Lee.

No matter. Trump will do what Trump does.
    Even Trump may not know. He has been known to change his mind on things at the last minute. He also likes to keep people guessing.

I'm very excited for the prime-time extravaganza.

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    I'm very excited for the prime-time extravaganza.

He does have a flair for the dramatic!

- Diogenes of Sinope

Why would Trump pick a Russiagater for AG?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Because they are both in on it.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

Really? Now you’re trashing the Judge? Does your trumpcuckery know no limits?!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Really? Now you’re trashing the Judge? Does your trumpcuckery know no limits?!
    I have an entire thread devoted to Judge Swamp's betrayal of the law and Constitution, he jumped on the phoney Russiagate bandwagon early and keeps beating the drum like the rest of the MSM.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm really amused that Trump is going all out for this special edition of Apprentice : White House. We get the You're hired. Maybe he can start doing special editions when people get fired. Maybe he can get closer to his roots as a reality star.

Like whomever is supposed to be in charge of keeping track of immigration kids? When a court orders a deadline and you can't reach it because they can't identify where a kid was sent, that should be an easy fire. Just the first thing that came to mind today.

Who knows, if it was cleaning the swamp I may actually watch.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

No Trump is going to surprise everyone and nominate Mike Lee.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Kavanaugh is the betting favorite favorite.

Judge says Hardiman or Kethledge. Given that no one thinks Kethledge will get it, we'll see if Judge actually has good info on Hardiman.

http://www.frontpageindex.com/2018/0...ident-has.html

I think it's going to be Hardiman.

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    I think it's going to be Hardiman.
    Hardiman ruled there's no 1st Amendment right to film police. Absolutely awful.

Hoping it might be Mike Lee, his brother, or Napolitano.

well Kavanaugh surges ahead on predict it. Somebody knows.... or do they?
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast