Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh will be Trump’s SCOTUS nominee

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    President Donald Trump on Monday expressed his appreciation to Sen. Rand Paul for his promise to support the confirmation of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.

“Thank you to @RandPaul for your YES on a future great Justice of the Supreme Court, Brett Kavanaugh,” Trump wrote in a Monday evening tweet. “Your vote means a lot to me, and to everyone who loves our Country!” (RELATED: RAND’S REVEAL: PAUL JUST ANNOUNCED HIS DECISION ON THE KAVANAUGH CONFIRMATION)
    Thank you to @RandPaul for your YES on a future great Justice of the Supreme Court, Brett Kavanaugh. Your vote means a lot to me, and to everyone who loves our Country!
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 30, 2018

More at: http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/30/tr...naugh-support/

Trump & Paul in 2020?
    Lol

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyJeff View Post
    Trump & Paul in 2020?
    Lol
    The idea has been floated and seems more likely all the time, the only question is whether Rand is more useful elsewhere.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The idea has been floated and seems more likely all the time, the only question is whether Rand is more useful elsewhere.
    Hard to imagine a president would switch his VP for re-election. Possible but not likely

Pence & Paul in 2024???????

Hard to imagine a president would switch his VP for re-election. Possible but not likely

I'd prefer Paul/Lee or Lee/Paul 2024.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I hope this means that there are enough NO votes that Rand can look like a team player.
    Related?

Arizona Senator Jeff Flake fled the country for Zimbabwe this week seemingly for the sake of preserving the African nation's fledgling democracy — but many political observers stateside suspect that there is a notable secondary effect of such a trip: to delay the upcoming hearing on President Donald Trump's Supreme Court justice nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

The Republican lawmaker, who has been an ardent Trump critic, touched down in the African country to serve as an official observer of the country's historic elections over the past weekend. According to his office, the senator will stay in the region for approximately three more weeks. That's important because it means Flake will miss the Senate's mandated early return to Washington, D.C. next month.

More at: https://www.salon.com/2018/07/31/off...ett-kavanaugh/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Related?

Arizona Senator Jeff Flake fled the country for Zimbabwe this week seemingly for the sake of preserving the African nation's fledgling democracy — but many political observers stateside suspect that there is a notable secondary effect of such a trip: to delay the upcoming hearing on President Donald Trump's Supreme Court justice nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

The Republican lawmaker, who has been an ardent Trump critic, touched down in the African country to serve as an official observer of the country's historic elections over the past weekend. According to his office, the senator will stay in the region for approximately three more weeks. That's important because it means Flake will miss the Senate's mandated early return to Washington, D.C. next month.

A few Ds will vote for the new justice ... flake isn’t needed

Related?

Living up to his name.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    It looks like there will be numerous juicy videos coming out of this hearing. 42k pages of Kavanaugh's documents released last night and some Sens are not happy. Grassley is trying to ram it through. Just heard that someone called out SCOTUS at length for being owned and taking payoffs and other things that usually aren't mentioned.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

live video
    https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/mee...-united-states

(side note: Ben Sasse and John Kerry must be related. The resemblance is uncanny.)
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    live video
    Plenty of streams on tube - https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...anaugh+hearing

Far-Left Activist Linda Sarsour Arrested At Kavanaugh Hearing

https://www.dailywire.com/news/35411...-ryan-saavedra

https://www.dailywire.com/news/35411...-ryan-saavedra

Imagine trying to go thru life without ever getting touched except by your spouse.

Kamala Harris: I believe the nominee is driven by a partisan agenda. His objective interpretation of the law is discriminatory to many Americans.

Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL) admitted Tuesday in the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on the nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court that he and other Democrats participated in a conference call on how to disrupt the hearings.

Durbin was responding to a question by Sen. Thom Tillis (R-NC), who cited an NBC News tweet from earlier in the morning that reported that Senate Democrats had planned over the Labor Day weekend to use protests and interruptions.
    Democrats plotted coordinated protest strategy over the holiday weekend and all agreed to disrupt and protest the hearing, sources tell me and @frankthorp
    Dem leader @chuckschumer led a phone call and committee members are executing now
    — Kasie Hunt (@kasie) September 4, 2018
    The hearing had already been disrupted several times by protesters — led by the anti-Trump and Democrat-aligned Women’s March, which claimed credit — and several senators also interrupted proceedings with interjections.
    Democratic senators opened Kavanaugh confirmation hearing with a protest plan that was coordinated and agreed to over the weekend, people familiar with the planning tell @NBCPolitics.
    — NBC Politics (@NBCPolitics) September 4, 2018
    Sen. Tillis asked: “I’m reviewing a tweet by NBC that said ‘Democrats plotted coordinated protest strategy over the holiday weekend all agreed to disrupt and protest the hearing, sources tell me.’ And, subsequent, ‘Dem leader Chuck Schumer led a phone call, and committee members are executing now.’ So, I just want to be clear: none of the members on this committee participated in that phone call or that strategy before the documents were released yesterday? Are you suggesting that this allegation is false?”
    Durbin asked to respond, but merely deflected to the issue of whether the committee had been provided enough documents on Kavanaugh: “Mr. Chairman, there was a phone conference yesterday, and I can tell you, at the time of the phone conference, many issues were raised. One of the issues was the fact that over 100,000 documents related to Judge Kavanaugh had been characterized by the chairman of the committee as committee confidential.”
    Notably, Durbin did not dispute the allegations by NBC News.

CBS News also confirmed NBC News’ reporting:
    CBS News’ Nancy Cordes reports that a source familiar with the discussions confirms that Sen. Schumer held a conference call with Judiciary Committee democrats over the Labor Day weekend to discuss the strategy they are now deploying in a coordinated manner, interrupting the start of the hearing to call – one after the other – for a delay in the proceedings until senators get all the Kavanaugh documents they want and have time to read them.
    The hearing eventually settled into opening statements, though protests continued.
    Durbin later praised the protesters: “What we’ve heard is the noise of democracy.”

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...court-hearing/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Deep State fast-track pushes onward

The Deep State fast track of Justice Swamp continues.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Why would anybody want a liberty official to be bound to an administration that they get to make zero calls on? to be a VP is to essentially be a figurehead that no longer speaks for themselves but for their president.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Kamala Harris: I believe the nominee is driven by a partisan agenda. His objective interpretation of the law is discriminatory to many Americans.

That's the trick, if there is a decision she doesn't like she could advocate for changing the law, but that's a lot harder and doesn't get her re-elected like demonizing republicans and their judiciary pics can.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Is Mister K actually a Cheney protege? Those 100,ooo pages actually spill national security chitchat etc...

Lindsey played to his SC base, as Mister K looks like he's at JOHN McCAIN's funeral.
    WHAT aRE tHEY all sItTING oN tHAT iS sO tOP sECRET? Way past JAIL HILLARY?????

The ole W gave a road-rage steroid boost to a quasi-military quasi-espionage shadow court system
    with Patriot Acts one and two. This more draconian sly court system that brings to mind U.K law and
    STUART ERA proceedings like the auld STAR CHAMBERs that Lord Oliver Cromwell abolished could be
    where young Monsieur Kavanaugh won his Bushite Spurs right after 911 had our public out for blood.

Mister K = player
    Gorsuch = libertarian

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Why would anybody want a liberty official to be bound to an administration that they get to make zero calls on? to be a VP is to essentially be a figurehead that no longer speaks for themselves but for their president.
    That's what they want us to think. If getting to pick vice president was not important they would let us do it to make us feel important. The deep state uses the vice president as a way of enslaving the president that's the only reason why they speak for them.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    That's what they want us to think. If getting to pick vice president was not important they would let us do it to make us feel important. The deep state uses the vice president as a way of enslaving the president that's the only reason why they speak for them.
    Nah, I don't think you get my point.

A presidential candidate selects a VP to support him not subvert him. As a VP, you essentially waive your free speech rights, you work for the administration, you represent your boss, just like everybody else that works for the boss. In a campaign or in an elected office, the candidate, the seat holder is most important. This is not how "they" want us to think, this is common sense.

I would never want Rand to be a VP to Pence or Trump, he'd have to drop almost all of his own thoughts and mirror the administration, why would anybody here want that? Rand is in a great position where he's at now, he gets to work with the white house when suitable and also have his own voice as a senator. A VP serves at the pleasure of the president.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

Nah, I don't think you get my point.

A presidential candidate selects a VP to support him not subvert him. As a VP, you essentially waive your free speech rights, you work for the administration, you represent your boss, just like everybody else that works for the boss. In a campaign or in an elected office, the candidate, the seat holder is most important. This is not how "they" want us to think, this is common sense.

I would never want Rand to be a VP to Pence or Trump, he'd have to drop almost all of his own thoughts and mirror the administration, why would anybody here want that? Rand is in a great position where he's at now, he gets to work with the white house when suitable and also have his own voice as a senator. A VP serves at the pleasure of the president.
    What? I hope you are right about vice presidents. A lot of people say Dick Cheney was running the show during Bush's presidency, and Mike Pence said he wanted to be like Dick... My perspective is that the President gets told by the deep state to obey them or they will kill them and replace them with somebody who will do as they are told and that's why the deep state picks the vice president.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    What? I hope you are right about vice presidents. A lot of people say Dick Cheney was running the show during Bush's presidency, and Mike Pence said he wanted to be like Dick... My perspective is that the President gets told by the deep state to obey them or they will kill them and replace them with somebody who will do as they are told and that's why the deep state picks the vice president.
    It depends how close a POTUS wants to bring in his VP. Cheney came from intelligence so its not out of this world to see that Bush took his advice seriously. Look at how uninvolved Biden was. Pence is highly supportive of Trump, he is a good side kick. I don't believe for a second Pence is threatening Trump to listen or face the wrath of the deep state, the deep state is already after Trump.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

It depends how close a POTUS wants to bring in his VP. Cheney came from intelligence so its not out of this world to see that Bush took his advice seriously. Look at how uninvolved Biden was. Pence is highly supportive of Trump, he is a good side kick. I don't believe for a second Pence is threatening Trump to listen or face the wrath of the deep state, the deep state is already after Trump.
    Some how Trump can pants Jeb Bush and humiliate him on TV and then proceed to put all of his brothers old gang together again, and this was Trumps idea?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast