Thread: MPs Demanding ‘No Confidence’ Vote After May’s Brexit Sell-out

MPs Demanding ‘No Confidence’ Vote After May’s Brexit Sell-out

Theresa May has been unable to contain Brexiteer anger over her “turd” Brexit proposals, with backbenchers reportedly moving to trigger a vote of no confidence in her leadership.

Left-liberal news anchor and political insider Robert Peston cited sources confirming formal letters calling for a confidence vote are being sent to Graham Brady, who chairs the 1922 committee of Tory MPs who do not hold government positions.
    According to the ITV host, the letters appear to be a “spontaneous” response to the Prime Minister “traducing those who voted to leave [the] EU” rather than a concerted effort by Jacob Rees-Mogg — the party’s leading backbench Brexiteer — and his European Research Group faction.
    Sources confirm letters calling for vote of confidence in @theresa_may leadership going in to @Graham__Brady, chair of 1922. Tory Brexiters very unhappy – accuse PM of traducing those who voted to leave EU. This appears to be spontaneous, not coralled by ERG & @Jacob_Rees_Mogg
    — Robert Peston (@Peston) July 8, 2018
    reported by The Sunday Times, with backbenchers unable to stomach May’s ‘Brexit’ proposals — which would see Britain effectively remain inside the Single Market for both goods and agri-products and submit to a “common rulebook” dictated by the European Court of Justice, as well as a host of commitments to match EU rules on state aid, environmental policy, social policy, and more.
    Details of the proposals were reportedly submitted to Germany’s Angela Merkel before May hashed them out with her own Cabinet at an away-day in the prime ministerial countryside retreat of Chequers.
    Foreign and Commonwealth Secretary Boris Johnson, who is probably the Cabinet’s most senior Brexit supporter, is said to have branded the plan “a big turd” at the meeting, and warned that anyone supporting it would be “polishing a turd”.
    He did not immediately resign over the proposals, however — and several Brexiteer MPs have told him he has just 48 hours to do so if he wants their support as May’s replacement.
    Other backbenchers have backed the aforementioned Jacob Rees-Mogg, with one describing the Somerset MP as “our Churchill”.
    "I will not vote for something that doesn't deliver Brexit" says @Jacob_Rees_Mogg pic.twitter.com/WjE9OTn1tc
    — BrexitCentral (@BrexitCentral) July 7, 2018
    Rees-Mogg has indicated he will not support a deal which does not deliver Brexit.
    “An egg which is very softly boiled isn’t boiled at all; a very soft Brexit means we haven’t left, we’re simply a rule-taker,” he observed.
    “That is not something that this country voted for; it’s not what the Prime Minister promised… I will certainly stick to the Conservatives’ manifesto commitments, and will not vote for something that doesn’t deliver Brexit.

https://www.breitbart.com/london/201...d-brexit-deal/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    U.K. Brexit Secretary David Davis resigned from Theresa May’s government late Sunday, his office has confirmed to multiple news outlets.
    Davis resignation comes two days after May received backing from her cabinet, including Davis, for a new "soft Brexit" plan which envisioned keeping close ties with the EU after the UK's departure from the block, news which was cheered the UK business lobby and which had set cable on an upward trajectory in early Asia trading, before the news hit which halted the pound's ascent.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ays-government

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Confirming earlier rumors, Sky News reports that Steve Baker, Britain's junior Brexit minister, technically the Brexit minister for "contingency planning", is the other (for now) conservative MP to resign alongside Davis. * * *

A second junior Brexit minister has resigned - Suella Bravermanm MP for Fareham. This leaves just two of the five person Brexit team remaining.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ays-government

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Does anyone remember Theresa May's position on brexit before she was appointed PM after the brexit vote?

Anyone?
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Does anyone remember Theresa May's position on brexit before she was appointed PM after the brexit vote?

Anyone?
    I believe she was against it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Theresa May left speechless after being asked if Trump should negotiate Brexit on her behalf - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-on-her-behalf

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I believe she was against it.
    She wants a soft Brexit. This is not a shock...

Nigel Farage, who two years ago exited from UK politics, pledged to return to campaigning over Brexit once interim UKIP leader Gerard Batten reaches the end of his term in March. The traditionally outspoken Farage blasted Prime Minister Theresa May as she fights off a rebellion from within the conservative party following the resignations of Boris Johnson and David Davis.
    The former trader dedicated his political career to pulling Britain out of the EU, and still serves as an member of the European Parliament for South East England. The ex-UKIP leader - who was one of the architects of Brexit, having been a leading voice in the campaign to leave - blasted the PM as “awful” and warned the “latest Brexit betrayal must be reversed”.
    Well done @DavidDavisMP.

May's response shows that she is controlled by the civil service.

For Brexit to succeed we must get rid of this awful, duplicitous PM. https://t.co/Mmq4jboCpi
    — Nigel Farage (@Nigel_Farage) July 9, 2018
    Earlier today he congratulated former Foreign Minister Boris Johnson for his decision to quit May's cabinet.
    Bravo @BorisJohnson. Now can we please get rid of the appalling @theresa_may and get Brexit back on track.
    In a follow up tweet, Farage said that "unless Brexit is back on track by March 2019, I will seriously consider putting my name forward to return as @UKIP leader. The will of 17.4m voters must be carried out."
    Unless Brexit is back on track by March 2019, I will seriously consider putting my name forward to return as @UKIP leader. The will of 17.4m voters must be carried out. pic.twitter.com/BNLtA6xPiJ
    To some, Farage's bluster comes far too late: UKIP have no MPs, and won just 1.8% of the vote at the last election – down by nearly 11% from 2015.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-isnt-reversed

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Boris Johnson quits. If May's Tory coalition fragments apart,
    and her gov't falls, who does Trump meet with in the U.K???

Bye bye Boris,
    hello Vladimer?

Trump's visits will be highly interesting!