Thread: Australia Will Now Fine Parents Twice a Month If They Don’t Vaccinate Their Kids

Australia Will Now Fine Parents Twice a Month If They Don’t Vaccinate Their Kids

Australia’s “No Jab, No Pay” policy just got a little stronger, or at least more insistent. Under the previous policy, parents who did not keep their children up to date on vaccinations would miss out on a one-time, end-of-the-year tax benefit called Family Tax Benefit Part A, valued at AU$737. Under the updated policy, those same parents will instead lose AU$28 every two weeks while their child is not up to date.

Australia’s Minister for Social Services, Dan Tehan, said in a statement:
    Immunization is the safest way to protect children from vaccine-preventable diseases. Parents who don’t immunize their children are putting their own kids at risk as well as the children of other people.”
    The expanded No Jab, No Pay policy went into effect on July 1, 2018.
    While parents will miss out on approximately the same amount of money in the end, the updated policy serves as a more “constant reminder” that the government of Australia wants all children vaccinated, according to Tehan.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ate-their-kids
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank goodness i dont live there in that Fascist state.

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-29-2018 at 12:50 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    It's not a fine - it's the removal of a tax break. It's only a fine in the same sense that Trumps limitation of the deductibility of state income taxes and property taxes is a fine. If you don't vax your kids there's no fine to be paid - you just lose out on an incentive payment the government is dishing out.
    It is a fine, all they have to do is end the tax break and the families will still have to pay.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It's not a fine - it's the removal of a tax break. It's only a fine in the same sense that Trumps limitation of the deductibility of state income taxes and property taxes is a fine. If you don't vax your kids there's no fine to be paid - you just lose out on an incentive payment the government is dishing out.
    In that case I guess it's OK.

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-29-2018 at 12:51 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-29-2018 at 12:51 PM.

Unless the people are not paying taxes or are net recipients of government money then it is still a fine to take more of their money, it will probably be salami sliced farther and farther until it is a large outright fine that results in jail time if not paid.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Put it this way - if you're not receiving welfare, it doesn't impact you at all.
    Tax breaks are welfare now?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8428596.html

Parents will now lose A$28 (£16) a fortnight from their tax benefits for each child not up to date with their immunisations.

Previously, parents whose children were not up to date with vaccinations would lose an end of year payment to their family tax benefit, worth A$737.

The new fortnightly sanction will see parents lose out on roughly the same amount but is said to serve as a more “constant reminder”.
    Basically spreading out what was previously not given to them into bi- weekly instead of annual withholding of the tax break.