Thread: Trump's Mar-a-Lago seeks to hire 61 foreign workers

Trump's Mar-a-Lago seeks to hire 61 foreign workers

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...n-workers.html

Despite his rhetoric that immigration hurts American workers, President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club is seeking to hire 61 foreign workers for the 2018 winter season, according to the Labor Department.

Trump’s “Winter White House” has applied to hire 21 cooks from other countries to work at the resort from October to May. The Palm Beach, Fla., club also wants to hire 40 foreigners for wait-staff positions.

The seasonal workers would be required to return to their home country once their H-2B visas expire.

Critics of the visa program claim it is a tool employers can use to exploit vulnerable foreign workers and represses wages for American workers by providing a cheap labor source for companies. Supporters say the program is necessary to keep American businesses afloat and allows seasonal businesses to operate at a greater capacity.

In order to obtain H-2B visas, employers are required to prove there aren’t enough U.S. workers who are “able, willing, qualified and available” to do the work. By law, every open position must be advertised in the community.

In May, the Department of Homeland Security said it would allow an additional 15,000 H-2B visas in 2018. Congress set a cap of 66,000 new H-2B visas a year.

This year, the pay for a cook at Mar-a-Lago starts at $13.31 per hour – down three cents from the year before. But the base salary for servers rose to $12.68 per hour this year from $11.88 per hour the year before.

Other Trump-related businesses have also gone outside the U.S. to pad its seasonal work force. Trump’s golf club in Westchester County, N.Y., asked to hire 14 foreign staff for cook and server spots. The Trump Winery in Charlottesville, Va., is looking for 23 H-2B visas.

Trump has hired 240 foreign workers at Mar-a-Lago since he announced his candidacy for president in June 2015, according to BuzzFeed, which first reported the news.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yawn.

Nobody is calling for an end to ALL immigration or temporary work visas and Trump is not personally managing these hiring decisions.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/20...ty-issues.html

Mar-a-Lago cited for food violations, safety issues

An inspection of President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Fla. in November turned up some slightly unsettling information about the conditions of the “Winter White House.”

The two main kitchens at Mar-a-Lago were cited for 15 food violations during a state inspection on Nov. 8, while the property’s on-site bed and breakfast was cited for two “high-priority lodging violations," the Miami Herald reported.

A subsequent inspection confirmed that Mar-a-Lago had taken the appropriate actions to correct these violations by Nov 17.

Included among the food violations found in Mar-a-Lago’s kitchens on Nov. 8 were the improper storage and marking of foods, such as dairy stored at temperatures exceeding 41 degrees F (in this case, it was milk stored at 49 F), and hot dogs stored on the floor of a walk-in freezer, among others.

Corrective actions resolved many of these violations on-site, although some — like an employee improperly observing the hand-washing policy, and the storage of raw meat or poultry held at too high a temperature — were deemed “high priority” and required a follow-up inspection, which the facilities passed.
    The club’s bed and breakfast, too, needed some updates before inspectors could give it clean marks.

According to state records, which were listed by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation, the building was cited for lacking smoke detectors that would adequately warn any hearing-impaired guests of danger, as well as a staircase that was missing enough concrete to pose safety risk. Both were deemed high priority, though not an “immediate threat to the public,” per the report.
    More at link.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Do you know what forum you're on?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Yawn.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Future DACA amnesty recipients, aka Donald's Dream Students

They'll most likely be rolled into the DACA amnesty that Trump will sign after the midterm elections.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

I also do not have smoke detectors for the hearing impaired .
    Do something Danke

You must never eat out.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    These are temporary, seasonal positions. After 12 years in the hospitality industry, I can tell you this goes on in any resort. They are jobs that do not lead to any kind of full time work with benefits. They are temporary positions, probably for low skill, low wages and tips. People can make a lot of money to send home, then go home themselves. Relatively safe work.

It’s legal. Get over it, Zippy.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    You must never eat out.
    Only at government approved facilities.

Zip makes posts about how there was too much conflict between Trumps presidency and his business.

Zip also makes posts about how Trump isn't hands on enough and assuming direct control over employment.

THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Slight change to my previous post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    No matter. The Some people must sacrifice for the good of the Nation.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    These are temporary, seasonal positions. After 12 years in the hospitality industry, I can tell you this goes on in any resort. They are jobs that do not lead to any kind of full time work with benefits. They are temporary positions, probably for low skill, low wages and tips. People can make a lot of money to send home, then go home themselves. Relatively safe work.

It’s legal. Get over it, Zippy.
    That is pretty much it in a nutshell . These jobs are hard to fill because they are temp jobs .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Slight change to my previous post:
    So you want zero immigration and no work visas?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

So you want zero immigration and no work visas?
    So you think that tomato based sauces are superior to cream based sauces?
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Trump hiring more criminals and rapists.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    To be fair , POTOS is very moderate on core issues. He has good relationship with the party to get things done after midterms.

US Deputy Chief of Mission: There is no big change in H-1B visa
    June 6, 2018
    There have been “no big changes” in the H-1B programme and “nothing new” on the H-4 visa policy, the US said today, amid the Trump administration’s plan to overhaul the immigration system. (Reuters)
    There have been “no big changes” in the H-1B programme and “nothing new” on the H-4 visa policy, the US said today, amid the Trump administration’s plan to overhaul the immigration system.

On Senate Floor, Bob Menendez Plays Audio Of Immigrant Children Crying At Detention Center
    Trump tells prankster posing as Sen. Bob Menendez, 'We're proud of you' and 'Great job'
    "Bob, let me just tell you, I want to be able to take care of the situation, every bit as much as anybody else," Trump says. "I think we can do the whole thing. You know, I have a good relationship with the party, you have a good relationship with the party. And I think we can do a real immigration bill."

Trump hiring more criminals and rapists.

It is amazing how a grammatical misunderstanding has created so much divisiveness.

The correct grammar is "Their rapists", as Trump was referring to Mexico sending "Their rapists" aka ex-cons were being handed informational pamphlets on how to safely illegally immigrate to the US. So in that context what he said was all technically very correct.

Zippy, what do you think about going to your liberal buddies and clearing up this matter? I mean, clearly that is what he was talking about, and clearly he did not say that all Mexicans are rapists.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

So they are bringing "their rapists". What- stuffed in a suitcase?

Another way Trump's statement could have been worded that would have meant the exact same thing was:

"They're bringing [their] drugs. They're bringing [their] crime. They're bringing [their] rapists."

Trump's shortened statement was the same thing, but by changing "Their" to "They're" the mainstream media was able to build the false narrative that Trump thinks every Mexican is a rapist. Which is retarded. Can we admit that, Zippy?

Do you have any commentary? Is it not correct that drug dealers, rapists and killers are coming across the border?

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Do you have any commentary? Is it not correct that drug dealers, rapists and killers are coming across the border?
    No, it isn't. He is manipulating you into believing that. Playing on your fears so you will support a bigger police state and higher taxes to deal with the "problem" .

"I believe Hispanics have been used as scapegoats, to say, they're the problem instead of being a symptom maybe of a problem with the welfare state," Paul told the group. "In Nazi Germany they had to have scapegoats to blame and they turned on the Jews.
    http://articles.latimes.com/2012/feb...forum-20120201

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-07-2018 at 02:22 PM.

No, it isn't. He is manipulating you into believing that. Playing on your fears so you will support a bigger police state and higher taxes to deal with the "problem" .
    Wait a minute, you're really saying there are no drug dealers, rapists and violent criminals coming across the border?

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Wait a minute, you're really saying there are no drug dealers, rapists and violent criminals coming across the border?
    Most criminals are Americans. Few immigrants are criminals (unless you count not having the right piece of paper). Sure, there may be a few. Being poor is a much better indicator for potential crime than immigration status. Immigrants are more likely to be victims OF crime than to commit crimes themselves. They don't want to risk getting deported.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-07-2018 at 02:39 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Most criminals are Americans. Few immigrants are criminals (unless you count not having the right piece of paper). Sure, there may be a few.
    The illegals are all criminals just by being here, even if we just talk about those that commit additional crimes after they get here the illegals have a much higher rate than the legals do, being willing to break one law makes you much more willing to break others.

Why should we put up with even one criminal among those who shouldn't even be here before they commit an additional crime?
    Why should we accept even one dead American killed by someone who shouldn't be here?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The illegals are all criminals just by being here, even if we just talk about those that commit additional crimes after they get here the illegals have a much higher rate than the legals do, being willing to break one law makes you much more willing to break others.

Why should we put up with even one criminal among those who shouldn't even be here before they commit an additional crime?
    Why should we accept even one dead American killed by someone who shouldn't be here?
    Let's deport all Americans then. They commit most of the crimes.

Long list of studies at link: http://criminology.oxfordre.com/view...190264079-e-93

Conclusions on Immigration and Crime in the United States

Researchers in the United States have pointed out that the urban crime problem is not generated by immigrants, legal or undocumented, and that immigrants are not increasing crime rates. Socially disadvantaged neighborhoods may, however, make immigrant groups more susceptible to crime victimization when social support networks do not exist or are lacking. Despite the research findings on crime and immigration, the U.S. public mistakenly believes foreign-born immigrants to be dangerous criminals.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-07-2018 at 02:41 PM.

Let's deport all Americans then. They commit most of the crimes.
    Americans have a right to be here, they must be punished in other ways if they commit crimes, the illegals can be kept out so there crimes against Americans never happen.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

lol, the point is that the illegal immigration should not even exist so that resources can be diverted to better prevention or quicker response times for other crimes that are taking place by those already here.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

There are H-2B visas in every large resort in the country during busy seasons. They are low-skill jobs in housekeeping or stewarding. They are easier to hire because they can pass a drug test and a background check.
    #NashvilleStrong

And so you know, they are not always from Latin America. They come from all over the world. I used to work for a place that hired Ukrainian lifeguards every summer.
    #NashvilleStrong