Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 64 of 64

Thread: QUESTION: What is a Supreme Court Justice’s fundamental job?

  1. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnwk View Post
    You have no point. The question asked in the OP is actually answered in the Constitution.



    JWK
    This:

    The judicial Power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and Equity, arising under this Constitution, the Laws of the United States, and Treaties made, or which shall be made, under their Authority;--to all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls;--to all Cases of admiralty and maritime Jurisdiction;--to Controversies to which the United States shall be a Party;-- to Controversies between two or more States;--between a State and Citizens of another State;--between Citizens of different States;--between Citizens of the same State claiming Lands under Grants of different States, and between a State, or the Citizens thereof, and foreign States, Citizens or Subjects.
    And since conflicts arise either from competing laws or lack of clarity of laws, the Court must use their own interpretation of those laws based on precedence of previous rulings and their own knowledge and experiences. If things were clear, there would be no conflict to resolve.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-09-2018 at 12:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post

    Half the crap I write here is just to entertain myself.
    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post


    You have no point. The question asked in the OP is actually answered in the Constitution.



    JWK

    This:



    And since conflicts arise either from competing laws or lack of clarity of laws, the Court must use their own interpretation of those laws based on precedence of previous rulings and their own knowledge and experiences. If things were clear, there would be no conflict to resolve.

    You still have no point with regard to the question asked in the OP ___ a question which is answered in our Constitution!


    QUESTION: What is a Supreme Court Justice’s fundamental job?



    JWK



    The primary function of a Supreme Court Justice is to be obedient to the text of our Constitution, and give effect to its documented legislative intent which gives context to its text.

    Last edited by johnwk; 07-09-2018 at 04:16 PM.

  4. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnwk View Post
    You still have no point with regard to the question asked in the OP ___ a question which is answered in our Constitution!


    QUESTION: What is a Supreme Court Justice’s fundamental job?



    JWK



    The primary function of a Supreme Court Justice is to be obedient to the text of our Constitution, and give effect to its documented legislative intent which gives context to its text.

    I guess that settles that. All they have they do is read the text and all the answers are right there on a 240 year old document. Glad you cleared that up. But what happens if the the document contradicts itself? Oh I know. Ouija Board, right?

  5. #64

    Default legislative intent

    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I guess that settles that. All they have they do is read the text and all the answers are right there on a 240 year old document. Glad you cleared that up. But what happens if the the document contradicts itself? Oh I know. Ouija Board, right?
    You forgot the Justice's duty is to also review the documented legislative intent as applied to the constitutional question being raised in order to arrive at a conclusion.


    Your adolescent comment about a "Ouija Board" is noted.


    JWK


    Those who reject abiding by the intentions and beliefs under which our Constitution was agree to, as those intentions and beliefs may be documented from historical records, wish to remove the anchor and rudder of our constitutional system so they may then be free to “interpret” the Constitution to mean whatever they wish it to mean.



  6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123


Similar Threads

  1. BEST Supreme Court justice
    By pochy1776 in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-25-2012, 04:06 AM
  2. Best Supreme Court Justice-Ever?
    By Douglass Bartley in forum U.S. Constitution
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-28-2012, 09:43 PM
  3. Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-28-2011, 03:06 PM
  4. Who has been the BEST Justice on the U.S. Supreme Court?
    By John Taylor in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-22-2010, 05:43 PM
  5. Supreme Court Chief Justice Demands More Pay for Court
    By clb09 in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 01:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •