Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Probable SJW climbing Statue of Liberty - island evacuated.

Probable SJW climbing Statue of Liberty - island evacuated.

Always with the dramatics, these progs.

Woman tries to climb Statue of Liberty in apparent protest of ICE
    JUL 04, 2018 | 4:25 PM

A woman wearing a “Rise and Resist” shirt spent the 4th of July climbing the base of the Statue of Liberty, officials said.
    The unidentified climber was seen scaling the base of the Liberty Island statue about 3 p.m. this afternoon, following a protest on Liberty Island.

Liberty Island was evacuated as a precaution as U.S. Parks workers tried to bring the climber down. Parks workers also cordoned off the base of the statue with chairs to prevent anyone from getting close, witnesses said.
    The NYPD’s Emergency Services Unit, Harbor Unit and Aviation Unit were called in to assist Parks Police, an NYPD spokeswoman said.

The woman was seen walking along the base of the statue by Lady Liberty’s sandals, then decided to sit down by the folds of her robe, witnesses said.

First responders climbed to the base of the statue and set up a ladder to talk to the woman and convince her to come down.

Investigators first believed that the climber was part of an anti-Immigration and Customs Enforcement protest sponsored by the group Rise and Resist that held on the island earlier Wednesday.

Members of the group said that the daredevil was not part of their protest.

Parks police arrested and cited seven people after the group unfurled an “Abolish ICE” banner at the base of the statue, according to a U.S. Parks Police spokesman. The protestors also put on black T-shirts that spelled out “Abolish ICE.”

Ken Kidd, 60, of Manhattan, who participated in the Liberty Island protest said that visitors to the landmark applauded when they unfurled the banner.

“We were met with cheers and applause,” Kidd said. “Some people had questions and others wanted answers. It was a very informational and educational moment. A lot of people were very grateful for the opportunity to talk.”
    The seven protestors were charged with unlawful protest.

“ICE has proved to be a threat to our liberty and way of life, and should be abolished,” added Leon Kirschner, Rise and Resist member. “They go after the most vulnerable among us, acting without due process to detain people. For-profit companies are making money off family separation. This has to stop now.”

The protest comes a week after a Wisconson congressman put in legislation to abolish ICE...

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...704-story.html
    Last edited by Valli6; 07-04-2018 at 03:55 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

MAGA in progress?

I see the glass as half full, maybe she'll fall off and break her dang fool neck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Good god these liberals are complete nutcases, its almost as if their brains have cracked on the inside.

Ken Kidd, 60, of Manhattan
    Ah 60 years old lefty and no doubt she has no kids. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    I see the glass as half full, maybe she'll fall off and break her dang fool neck.
    The MAGA seeks its own level and is always in harmony with itself.
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 07-04-2018 at 04:49 PM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    The MAGA seeks its own level and is always in harmony with itself.
    Archimedes' principle ftw.

They put her in a harness and lowered her down. So much clownery!
    ...The protester, identified as Therese Okoumou, was seen scaling the base of the statue about 3 p.m., moments after a protest against Immigration and Customs Enforcement on Liberty Island.

First responders managed to grab the Okoumou, an immigrant from the Democratic Republic of the Congo, about 6:30 p.m., after she had began waving her shirt, which read “Rise & Resist” on one side and “Trump Care Makes Us Sick” on the other...

...“They were just trying to keep her calm,” said U.S. National Parks Service spokesman Jerry Willis. “The ultimate goal is her safety and the safety of the officers.”

Despite their pleas, Okoumou refused to come down until all the immigrant children detained by ICE have been released, sources told NBC News. The Parks Service could not immediately confirm that report.

As Okoumou sat under the statue’s right foot, two harnessed NYPD ESU members slowly made their way over to the woman and grabbed her. They then strapped her to another harness and lowered her to safety...

...Okoumou faces trespassing and other charges, officials said. She is due to appear in Manhattan Federal Court on Thursday. The charges are expected to be violation of national park regulations or public use limit; trespassing; disorderly conduct, and interfering with government functions. All are federal misdemeanors.

“She broke the law and will be charged federally,” said Willis, who added there was a concern Okoumou could damage the 132-year-old statue.

“She was on the copper of a national icon,” Willis said, adding that the copper is very thin and malleable. “She could do some damage.”...
    Statue should have kicked her off.
    Last edited by Valli6; 07-04-2018 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    They put her in a harness and lowered her down. So much clownery!

Statue should have kicked her off.
    Deport her!
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...704-story.html

A woman who lives in her building said she wears her passions on her sleeve.

“She can be very nice and she can be a b---h,” said the woman, who declined to give her name. “When I vacuum, she bangs on the wall. I bang back, and she put a dent in my door.”

The two later reconciled after Okoumou took a liking to the woman’s dog.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wish we could put half as many people in the streets harassing, annoying, pushing back against, committing acts of civil disobediance and otherwise irritating the Bolshevik left in the name of liberty and limited government.

But because we are sane and civil (which is racist by the way) we usually don't.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-05-2018 at 03:37 PM.

First responders managed to grab the Okoumou, an immigrant from the Democratic Republic of the Congo, about 6:30 p.m., after she had began waving her shirt, which read “Rise & Resist” on one side and “Trump Care Makes Us Sick” on the other...
    Ah, just what we need, more diversity.

Mass rape, cannibalism, dismemberment: UN team finds atrocities in Congo war

https://af.reuters.com/article/commo.../idAFL8N1TZ4PQ

GENEVA, July 3 (Reuters) - Rebels and government troops in Congo have committed atrocities including mass rape, cannibalism and the dismemberment of civilians, according to testimony published on Tuesday by a team of U.N. human rights experts who said the world must pay heed.

The team investigating a conflict in the Kasai region of Democratic Republic of Congo told the U.N. Human Rights Council last week that they suspected all sides were guilty of war crimes and crimes against humanity.

Their detailed 126-page report catalogued gruesome attacks committed in the conflict, which erupted in late 2016, involving the Kamuina Nsapu and Bana Mura militias and Congo’s armed forces, the FARDC.

The testimony included boys being forced to rape their mothers, little girls being told witchcraft would allow them to catch bullets, and women forced to choose gang-rape or death.

“What happened in the Kasai simply beggars description,” Congo’s Human Rights Minister Marie-Ange Mushobekwa told the Council.

“One victim told us that in May 2017 she saw a group of Kamuina Nsapu militia, some of whom sported female genitals (clitorises and vaginas) as medals,” the report said.

“Some witnesses recalled seeing people cutting up, cooking and eating human flesh, including penises cut from men who were still alive and from corpses, especially FARDC, and drinking human blood.”

Lead investigator Bacre Waly Ndiaye told the Council that in one incident, at least 186 men and boys from a single village were beheaded by Kamuina Nsapu, many of whose members were children forced to fight, unarmed or wielding sticks, and were convinced that magic had made them invulnerable.

Many such child soldiers were killed when FARDC soldiers machine-gunned them indiscriminately, he said.

“The bodies were often buried in mass graves... or were sometimes piled in trucks by soldiers to be buried elsewhere.”

There were initially thought to be about 86 mass graves, but after investigating on the ground the team suspected there may be hundreds, he said.

A Congolese government spokesman told Reuters that such information should be passed to magistrates in Congo.

“We were not aware of this and it is very curious. But it is clearly a politically motivated press campaign that has nothing to do with justice,” he said.

Mushobekwa said the government had given the expert team its whole-hearted cooperation and wanted the truth to come out, but she said some of the findings were “rather doubtful” because the investigation had been done quickly.

“One thing is absolutely certain. Each element of law enforcement and security forces that is responsible for these crimes will answer for their actions and will be severely punished,” she said. (Reporting by Tom Miles Additional reporting by Sofia Christensen Editing by Peter Graff)

Speaking strictly for myself Ms. Okoumou...

Get the $#@! out of my country and $#@! off back to the $#@!hole you came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Wish we could put half as many people in the streets harassing, annoying, pushing back against, committing acts of civil disobediance and otherwise irritating the Bolshevik left in the name of liberty and limited government.

But because we are sane and civil (which is racist by the way) we usually don't.
    The summer just started....http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Portland-today

Yup. I'll contribute to her raft.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Yup. I'll contribute to her raft.
    LOL - The Flu gave me a neg rep for that.

He'd rather keep an immigrant that is demonstrably in favor of and will vote for every single tax, regulation and expansion of government in the country and throw me out, somebody who wants nothing from him, has no desire to regulate or tax his life in any way, who wants to reduce the size, scope and influence of government in his life, because being perceived as a racist is worse than being a government slave.

You've lost your mind Flu, but, tell you what, take your best shot.

My family has been here over three hundred years, building this nation.

We've survived worse than you.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-05-2018 at 05:32 PM.

He'd rather keep an immigrant that is demonstrably in favor of and will vote for every single tax, regulation and expansion of government in the country and throw me out, somebody who wants nothing from him, has no desire to regulate or tax his life in any way, because being perceived as a racist is worse than being a government slave.

He hasn't lost his mind, he wants every single tax, regulation and expansion of government, he is a wolf among the sheep.

+Rep to counter him

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

He'd rather keep an immigrant that is demonstrably in favor of and will vote for every single tax, regulation and expansion of government in the country and throw me out, somebody who wants nothing from him, has no desire to regulate or tax his life in any way, because being perceived as a racist is worse than being a government slave.

Indeed we have. Indeed we will.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What a crazy lady. She could have hurt herself.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Mine, too. Knowing history is also knowing one's personal history.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    What a crazy lady. She could have hurt herself.
    these deranged psychos are not thinking reasonably, they think they are literally against hitler, everything is on the table.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-29-2018 at 12:45 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    What does a false flag op have to do with AF's comment?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    What does a false flag op have to do with AF's comment?
    [IMG]https://static01.********/images/2010/02/18/us/18cnd-planespan/18cnd-planespan-articleLarge.jpg[/IMG]
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Seems reasonable to me . I am though a little curious about trump care , do I get a coupon for some steaks ?
    Do something Danke

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    [IMG]https://static01.********/images/2010/02/18/us/18cnd-planespan/18cnd-planespan-articleLarge.jpg[/IMG]
    IIRC that guy was a leftist.

The Flu neg repped me last week . I guess that is her contribution to my freedom . I do not think she gets out much.
    Do something Danke

How I would handle the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    The Flu neg repped me last week . I guess that is her contribution to my freedom . I do not think she gets out much.
    Anyone bitching about racism or sexism not perpetrated by the government is a Communist. Allow me to undo.

Dude, most often we izzz civilized here.
    Belgium ran the Congo as a slave estate
    hellhole before independence, and after
    they could rule themselves the CIA had
    Lumumba assassinated when he looked
    like he had this fetish on Fidel Castro and
    CHE. Things then deteriorated further...so
    of course we are like one big LSD acidhead
    ANDY WARHOL "FACTORY" playpen to her.
    She got her 15 minutes of ABC news fame.

I stand by this...

WATCH: Congolese Statue of Liberty Climber Chants Anti-American Phrases Outside Court

https://www.breitbart.com/video/2018...phrases-court/

5 Aug 2018

The Congolese national who climbed the Statue of Liberty to protest President Trump’s immigration policies on the Fourth of July began shouting several anti-American phrases outside a Manhattan courthouse Friday, according to a video of the incident.

Therese Okoumou, 44, who faces charges of misdemeanor trespassing, interference with a government agency, and disorderly conduct for scaling Lady Liberty out of protest, appeared outside the Manhattan courthouse Friday shouting anti-American epithets in front of a crowd of supporters, the New York Post reported.

“America, you motherfuckers! You drug addicts! You KKK! You fascist USA,” she said, according to the video.

Okoumou was wearing a green dress with the words, “I really care, why won’t u?” in a reference to First Lady Melania Trump’s “I really don’t care, do you?” jacket.

The first lady wore the green parka jacket in June when she was on her way to visit the U.S.-Mexico border, and President Trump remarked that the jacket meant to send a message to the “fake news media” that she does not care what they think.

The Congolese national appeared in court Friday with her lawyer to push for a guarantee that the judge will not throw her in jail before she agrees to a plea deal.

The Manhattan federal judge said he would decide whether Okoumou should be jailed before sentencing after both sides submit their written motions.

“If I can receive an assurance from the court that my client would not go to jail,” Okoumou’s attorney said, adding that his client would take a plea deal if the conditions are met.

Okoumou began her anti-American chants as soon as she left the courthouse.

Okoumou, who came to the United States in 1994 from the Democratic Republic of Congo, pleaded not guilty to the charges against her in early July before a judge released her on her own recognizance. If convicted of the charges, Okoumou could face up to a year and a half behind bars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast