Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missing Thai Soccer Team Found Alive

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Some of you may not remember the “Baby Jessica” story in 1987. The little girl was but 18 months old when she fell down an 8” well shaft. It took 5 days to get her out. It was all over the news.
    I sure do remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Some of you may not remember the “Baby Jessica” story in 1987. The little girl was but 18 months old when she fell down an 8” well shaft. It took 5 days to get her out. It was all over the news.
    I was kind of hoping for the same sort of live TV coverage, but I understand they're not there for entertainment.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I sure do remember.
    So do I.

That was before reality tv too, I believe.

They will try Tuesday to get the rest out (four remain)- replacing air tanks along the route. Rains have stated again which could increase the amount of water in the cave.

One little factoid I read is that when rescuers found the team, the coach was in the worst shape. The oldest player just turned 17 and they went in as part of the celebration. They had some snacks with them, which is likely what helped them survive. The coach would not eat any, and insisted the players eat.

I'm not sure I agree with this. The first rule of rescue is keep yourself safe. The coach can't die and leave his team without their leader.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

One little factoid I read is that when rescuers found the team, the coach was in the worst shape. The oldest player just turned 17 and they went in as part of the celebration. They had some snacks with them, which is likely what helped them survive. The coach would not eat any, and insisted the players eat.

I'm not sure I agree with this. The first rule of rescue is keep yourself safe. The coach can't die and leave his team without their leader.
    There have been unconfirmed reports that they brought out the healthiest ones first- to see if they could make the difficult trip. Coach to be one of the last ones to go.

Well, coach used to be a monk so I'm fairly certain he knew what he could handle. I don't think I could eat when hungry kids were sitting there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    There have been unconfirmed reports that they brought out the healthiest ones first- to see if they could make the difficult trip. Coach to be one of the last ones to go.
    No, they took out the weakest first. I just read a whole article on it. It makes sense. Ya can't let them get any weaker or they may not be able to make it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

They are all out now.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12