Jeff Bezos keeps this inspiring quote on his fridge

Sarah Berger
Sat, 30 June 2018

Jeff Bezos is the richest person in the world, thanks to Amazon's growing success — most recently the e-commerce giant's billion-dollar acquisition of online pharmacy PillPack on Thursday helped boost Amazon's stock. On Friday, Bezos, Amazon's founder and CEO, was worth $141 billion, according to Bloomberg.

In May, Bezos tweeted a photo of a printed out poem, captioning it, "Love this quote. It's been on my fridge for years, and I see it every time I open the door. #Emerson."

The quote reads:

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."
Bezos gives credit for the poem to Ralph Waldo Emerson, and it has been widely attributed to Emerson.