Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tribal Identities Replace Ideology in Democrats’ Primaries

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    So in summary, Democrats are applying demographic facts to win elections. Shame on them. It's not the only parameter, but it's an important one.

I have suggested in the past that small-l libertarians should run as Democrats, and use demographics. Why not a hispanic female Democrat who is mostly libertarian? They could oppose the war on drugs, war in general, criminal justice and police abuse, and the crony establishment.

Of course this suggestion is usually met with silence.
    Democrats are despised by those among us who consider themselves lovers of liberty.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Not sure I follow you.

Here's a moment of honesty, and an example.

For the most part, I think we here at RPF 'get along' despite relatively minor differences in beliefs. But if SHTF and we have to head to survival camps, I don't think everyone here would make it into mine. Hell, for one, I'd be worried that some folks would be at the gate waving everyone else inside regardless of who they are or what they believe. That's not to say that I wouldn't be happy to have you set up a survival camp across the street or borrow a cup of sugar if times get rough. And if someone came in and tried to mess up our s*it, I'd be happy to band together and drive them off. But, y'all ain't sleeping in my bed.
    LOL well that's right neighborly of you.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    An outbreak of paranoia?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    An outbreak of paranoia?
    Live and let live. Good fences? that sorta thing.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

So in summary, Democrats are applying demographic facts to win elections. Shame on them. It's not the only parameter, but it's an important one.

I have suggested in the past that small-l libertarians should run as Democrats, and use demographics. Why not a hispanic female Democrat who is mostly libertarian? They could oppose the war on drugs, war in general, criminal justice and police abuse, and the crony establishment.

I've suggested many times we should do/say what it takes to get into office and then do whatever we want once we get there. If broken promises equaled political downfall, there wouldn't be any calls for term limits because only a few would even make it through a single term. It does require you to set aside your morality for a moment with the understanding that you're basically lying to people but, I'm gonna say it's a case where the means justify the ends.

Run on a pro-war, police state platform and then once you're in office, call all the troops home and end all federal grants issued to militarize police. I'm more than willing to bet that most people who voted you into office will agree with you without even realizing you changed. Either that, or they have to admit they were duped, and that's not easy for a lot of voters to swallow. Voters tend to be followers more than critical thinkers.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 06-30-2018 at 06:23 AM.
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    "Stay off my lawn," lol.
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

I've suggested many times we should do/say what it takes to get into office and then do whatever we want once we get there. If broken promises equaled political downfall, there wouldn't be any calls for term limits because only a few would even make it through a single term. It does require you to set aside your morality for a moment with the understanding that you're basically lying to people but, I'm gonna say it's a case where the means justify the ends.

Run on a pro-war, police state platform and then once you're in office, call all the troops home and end all federal grants issued to militarize police. I'm more than willing to bet that most people who voted you into office will agree with you without even realizing you changed. Either that, or they have to admit they were duped, and that's not easy for a lot of voters to swallow. Voters tend to be followers more than critical thinkers.
    Most politicians have no problem with "lying" to the voters during elections. It's just what they do, especially during re-election as their actions don't match what they campaigned on.

But like my example, a candidate can tailor the things they talk about without lying.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

These are stupid ideas!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Democrats are despised by those among us who consider themselves lovers of liberty.

Most politicians have no problem with "lying" to the voters during elections. It's just what they do, especially during re-election as their actions don't match what they campaigned on.

But like my example, a candidate can tailor the things they talk about without lying.
    Yet Democrats have never had any problem running as Republicans.

The #WalkAway movement is having some effect on upcoming elections. Democrats now running as Republicans:

https://twitter.com/PeteHolmbergNYC/...16968443826177
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12