Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SCOTUS: Kennedy Announces Retirement

SCOTUS: Kennedy Announces Retirement

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...eat/952716001/

Kennedy announced his retirement in a letter to President Trump addressed, "My dear Mr. President." Within minutes, Trump told reporters he would move quickly to nominate someone from a list of 25 potential replacements -- someone "as outstanding" as Kennedy.

"It will be somebody from that list," Trump said.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Kennedy retires

Q
    !CbboFOtcZs
    ID: 8dbebc
    No.1927025 📁

Jun 27 2018 13:20:18 (EST)
    Anonymous
    ID: 520e50
    No.1926855 📁

Jun 27 2018 13:11:58 (EST)

ClipboardImage.png LETTER FROM JUSTICE KENNEDY TO POTUS
    https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...source=Twitter📁

>>1926855

His choice?
    Remember, Kennedy was the swing vote.
    No more.
    Locked & Loaded.
    RBG next.
    Q
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

LOL at the pussyhats gushing over this news. the world is gonna end! oh noes.

This plus disempowerment of the public unions makes for the worst week for the Left in a long time.

"IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Just another clown in gown gone and another to replace for a lifetime.

Until, I see...

"By a 9-0 decision we find that the case in question is out of the purview of the Federal Government. We, hereby, rule that the Federal governments involvement is hereby declared null and void, and the case is remanded to the states, and to the people, respectively. This decision has no dissent."

I'll just consider them a bunch of windbags who are liked or disliked, by whichever side of the political spectrum, depending on which way the wind blows.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    LOL at the pussyhats gushing over this news. the world is gonna end! oh noes.

"gushing"?

I guess, that is usually just the opposite.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

GIVE
    ME
    ANDREW
    NAPOLITANO
    OR GIVE ME
    a break
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    GIVE
    ME
    ANDREW
    NAPOLITANO
    OR GIVE ME
    a break
    Judge Swamp is a bad choice.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

From the names on the old list of 25 I like Don Willett and Mike Lee.

Amy Coney Barrett of Indiana, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit

Keith Blackwell of Georgia, Supreme Court of Georgia

Charles Canady of Florida, Supreme Court of Florida

Steven Colloton of Iowa, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit

Allison Eid of Colorado, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit

Britt Grant of Georgia, Supreme Court of Georgia

Raymond Gruender of Missouri, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit

Thomas Hardiman of Pennsylvania, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit

Brett Kavanaugh of Maryland, U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit

Raymond Kethledge of Michigan, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit

Joan Larsen of Michigan, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit

Mike Lee of Utah, United States Senator

Thomas Lee of Utah, Supreme Court of Utah

Edward Mansfield of Iowa, Supreme Court of Iowa

Federico Moreno of Florida, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida

Kevin Newsom of Alabama, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit

William Pryor of Alabama, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit

Margaret Ryan of Virginia, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces

David Stras of Minnesota, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit

Diane Sykes of Wisconsin, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit

Amul Thapar of Kentucky, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit

Timothy Tymkovich of Colorado, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit

Robert Young of Michigan, Supreme Court of Michigan (Ret.)

Don Willett of Texas, Supreme Court of Texas

Patrick Wyrick of Oklahoma, Supreme Court of Oklahoma
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

If he picks someone radical, we may get our gun rights restored.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Besides his odd logic on the cake ruling, what has he actually said or done that has done anything to change the fact that overall throughout his career he has been a more consistent defender of the Constitution as written than anyone on the court in recent memory? I'm interested in actual defense or opposition to the Constitution, not an administration.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Besides his odd logic on the cake ruling, what has he actually said or done that has done anything to change the fact that overall throughout his career he has been a more consistent defender of the Constitution as written than anyone on the court in recent memory? I'm interested in actual defense or opposition to the Constitution, not an administration.
    He has taken the anti-Constitution/anti-Law side on almost every aspect of Russiagate, including reversing his stance from what he said when he thought Hitlery was going to win , he had said she would be master and commander of the DOJ and would have the right to pardon herself.

See this thread:

Judge Swamp strikes again

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    There Judge Swamp goes again:

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm laughing too hard!!! Constitution dismantled?!?!?! It's practically unrecognizable from it's original intent.

Last edited by AuH20; 06-27-2018 at 02:41 PM.

Karma for killing Scalia. 40 years of darkness.

He has taken the anti-Constitution/anti-Law side on almost every aspect of Russiagate, including reversing his stance from what he said when he thought Hitlery was going to win , he had said she would be master and commander of the DOJ and would have the right to pardon herself.

See this thread:

OK, so I read his opinion piece you linked where he lays out his view of checks and balances and how it relates to a president when under investigation. So? I'm not even saying I agree with it all but what part do you take issue with?

Maybe he did take an anti- Constitution position, can you point out specifically how? Also where has he flip flopped on pardons? Making sweeping seemingly hyperbolic statements about how he's a Deep State Hitlery supporter doesn't tell me anything.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Mike Lee open to being nominated to Supreme Court

Utah Sen. Mike Lee (R) said in an interview Wednesday that he "would not say no" if he was asked by President Trump to serve on the Supreme Court as Justice Anthony Kennedy's replacement.

"I started watching Supreme Court arguments for fun when I was 10 years old. So if somebody asked me if I would consider that, I would not say no," he told reporters on what he would say if Trump asked him to serve.

"But the president’s got a decision to make and I trust his ability to make it and make it well," he added.
    http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3...erve-on-scotus

Kennedy was a major stumbling block on State AWB challenges being heard. Now with him gone, the possibilities are intriguing.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    OK, so I read his opinion piece you linked where he lays out his view of checks and balances and how it relates to a president when under investigation. So? I'm not even saying I agree with it all but what part do you take issue with?

Maybe he did take an anti- Constitution position, can you point out specifically how? Also where has he flip flopped on pardons? Making sweeping seemingly hyperbolic statements about how he's a Deep State Hitlery supporter doesn't tell me anything.
    Can Congress interfere in an ongoing federal criminal investigation? Can it get its eyes on law enforcement's active files? In a word: No.
    Congress can and must be able to in order to exercise oversight on the DOJ, there is nothing in the Constitution to limit it from doing so, but Judge Swamp doesn't want the full truth brought to light.

Fox New’s Judge Andrew Napolitano warned Monday that Attorney General Jeff Sessions's firing on Friday of former deputy FBI director Andrew McCabe could be seen as “obstruction of justice.”
    Napolitano said on Fox News' "America's Newsroom" Monday that he viewed McCabe’s firing as “vindictive” and “reckless.”
    “Andrew McCabe is more likely than not to be a witness against the Attorney General’s boss, the president of the United States,” Napolitano said. “I think that firing him in that environment could very well be determined to diminish his effectiveness as a witness. What’s that called, obstruction of justice.”

“I don’t know if Bob Mueller wants to go there, but that’s the argument,” he added.

More at: http://thehill.com/homenews/media/37...ion-of-justice
    This is absolute garbage, McCabe richly deserved to be fired and neither Sessions nor Trump could be obstructing justice by doing it.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/12/1...-against-trump

Some Republican lawmakers have seized on a trove of damning text messages as evidence that Special Counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation is biased against President Trump.

Fox News senior judicial analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano doesn't think so.

The text messages were exchanged between two FBI officials who worked on Mueller’s Russia probe, and they reveal the agents expressing a steady stream of anti-Trump, pro-Hillary Clinton sentiments.

"The issue is not: do FBI agents have political opinions and can they express them? The answer to that is yes and yes," Napolitano said on "Outnumbered Overtime." "The issue is: do those political opinions in any way influence the outcome of their investigation?"

He pointed out that the FBI has procedures in place to prevent that from happening.

"FBI agents operate in pairs, whatever the two discover has to be reviewed by five others, whatever the five have reviewed and decided is credible has to be reviewed by Justice Department lawyers," Napolitano explained.

He noted that the only final decisions that have been made in Mueller's investigation are to indict former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and his aide Rick Gates and to accept two guilty pleas from former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn and former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos.

Napolitano said Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein painted a "very credible" picture in his testimony before the House Judiciary Committee when he said it's too early to determine if any individual's political opinion affected the outcome of the investigation, because the outcome hasn't been reached yet.

In the meantime, Napolitano said he's not worried about the text messages.

"FBI agents are not choirboys or choirgirls. They are strong-willed people with strong opinions like the rest of us," he said. "None of this surprises me."
    More absolute garbage, the texts were clear proof of overwhelming bias.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/12/0...ustice-charges

Judge Nap: Feinstein Is 'Correct' on Potential Obstruction of Justice Case Against Trump

On "Fox & Friends" this morning, Alan Dershowitz disputed claims from some Democrats that Special Counsel Robert Mueller could build an obstruction of justice case against President Donald Trump.

Dershowitz said Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) was incorrect when she argued that Trump obstructed the FBI investigation into possible collusion between his presidential campaign and Russia by asking former FBI Director James Comey to end the investigation into Michael Flynn and also by later firing Comey.

Dershowitz said a president cannot be charged with obstruction for merely exercising his constitutional authority.

On "America's Newsroom," Fox News senior judicial analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano came down on the side of Feinstein.

"I respect Professor Dershowitz greatly. I do not know Sen. Feinstein, but she, in my view, is correct here," he told Bill Hemmer.

He said that if Trump asked Comey to end the investigation into Flynn for a non-corrupt purpose - such as if he felt sympathy for his former national security adviser or he wanted the bureau to use its resources on more important matters - it's not obstruction.

However, if Trump did it for a corrupt purpose - such as trying to protect himself or his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, from what Flynn might say - then it is obstruction and there is no presidential immunity, Napolitano said.

"Obstruction of justice is a crime no matter who commits it, if done for a corrupt purpose. It's also an impeachable offense," he said, adding that the charge is "intentionally not easy to prove" for a prosecutor.

Feinstein, the ranking Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee, said Sunday on "Meet the Press" that she believes an obstruction of justice case is forming.

"The Judiciary Committee has an investigation going as well and it involves obstruction of justice and I think what we're beginning to see is the putting together of a case of obstruction of justice,” she said.

"I see it in the hyper-frenetic attitude of the White House, the comments every day, the continual tweets. And I see it most importantly in what happened with the firing of Director Comey, and it is my belief that that is directly because he did not agree to ‘lift the cloud’ of the Russia investigation. That’s obstruction of justice."
    More garbage, when he thought Hitlery was going to win he said POTUS is the head of the DOJ and can tell them to do whatever POTUS wants, furthermore trumps words were clearly not a command but a wish, somehow he doesn't give Trump anywhere near the leeway he wanted to give to the biased FBI agents.

Napolitano: Mueller did not wrongly obtain Trump team emails

https://www.yahoo.com/news/napolitan...143230179.html
    There was no legal basis for the subpoena.

Nothing that was ever alleged about the meeting was criminal, it is not illegal to get dirt on your opponent from foreigners.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I would augment Trump's security detail by 10 fold. He's a more tempting target right now.

Swordsmythe isn't impressed with principled conservatives. If you ain't a partisan GOP hack he has no use for you.

"Constitutional" and "lawful" may mean specific things to the rest of us. But when Swordsmythe uses them, they're just dog-whistle code for "Republican Team Player".
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

What a wonderful day!

WWG1WGA!
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

A special thanks to Joe Biden for the Biden rule in 1992.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast