Thread: Cop threatens to shoot man for holding a camera

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

#HERO

Please tell me why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).

The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

^THAT^

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

He told the Officer that the object he was holding was a camera, but thats exactly what a gun-wielding criminal would say

It's a good thing he put it down
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

42 U.S. Code 1983 - Civil action for deprivation of rights
    Every person who, under color of any statute, ordinance, regulation, custom, or usage, of any State or Territory or the District of Columbia, subjects, or causes to be subjected, any citizen of the United States or other person within the jurisdiction thereof to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured by the Constitution and laws, shall be liable to the party injured in an action at law, suit in equity, or other proper proceeding for redress, except that in any action brought against a judicial officer for an act or omission taken in such officer’s judicial capacity, injunctive relief shall not be granted unless a declaratory decree was violated or declaratory relief was unavailable. For the purposes of this section, any Act of Congress applicable exclusively to the District of Columbia shall be considered to be a statute of the District of Columbia.
    (R.S.  1979; Pub. L. 96–170,  1, Dec. 29, 1979, 93 Stat. 1284; Pub. L. 104–317, title III,  309(c), Oct. 19, 1996, 110 Stat. 3853.)

Please tell me why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).

The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

^THAT^

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Damn.

First thing the officer said to the camera man was "why are you filming me?". Then he plays dumb like he doesn't know the camera is a camera. Just wow.
    I compiled a "brief" history of events since October 2008 that are defining the global currency war and the role that gold is playing:

Tin Foil Hats, Economic Reality and the Total Perspective Vortex

Also, have you contacted your Congressional Rep and asked them co-sponsor Ron Paul's Rep. Paul Broun Jr.'s HR 1098 77: Free Competition in Currencies Act?

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    Every person who, under color of any statute, ordinance, regulation, custom, or usage, of any State or Territory or the District of Columbia, subjects, or causes to be subjected, any citizen of the United States or other person within the jurisdiction thereof to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured by the Constitution and laws, shall be liable to the party injured in an action at law, suit in equity, or other proper proceeding for redress, except that in any action brought against a judicial officer for an act or omission taken in such officer’s judicial capacity, injunctive relief shall not be granted unless a declaratory decree was violated or declaratory relief was unavailable. For the purposes of this section, any Act of Congress applicable exclusively to the District of Columbia shall be considered to be a statute of the District of Columbia.
    (R.S.  1979; Pub. L. 96–170,  1, Dec. 29, 1979, 93 Stat. 1284; Pub. L. 104–317, title III,  309(c), Oct. 19, 1996, 110 Stat. 3853.)
    I've yet to see where this statute is ever used in an instance of police abuse of powers.
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

Cop threatens to shoot man for holding a camera
    And just what do you do with a camera, hmmm?

You use it to take shots. You SHOOT people with it.

So the officer would have been perfectly justified to shoot back in self-defense.

But he didn't. He exhibited heroic restraint. He should get a commendation, not condemnation.

I mean, geez, come on ... what's wrong with you people?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I've yet to see where this statute is ever used in an instance of police abuse of powers.
    It's probably one of those statutes that are known only by right-wing militia members & sovereign citizens
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    I prefer people are charged criminally with 18 USC 242, myself.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    I prefer people are charged criminally with 18 USC 242, myself.
    why choose?
    hit em from both ends like finger cuffs!

18 U.S. Code 242 - Deprivation of rights under color of law
    but for the reader...
    Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or to different punishments, pains, or penalties, on account of such person being an alien, or by reason of his color, or race, than are prescribed for the punishment of citizens, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if bodily injury results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.
    (June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 696; Pub. L. 90–284, title I,  103(b), Apr. 11, 1968, 82 Stat. 75; Pub. L. 100–690, title VII,  7019, Nov. 18, 1988, 102 Stat. 4396; Pub. L. 103–322, title VI,  60006(b), title XXXII,  320103(b), 320201(b), title XXXIII,  330016(1)(H), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 1970, 2109, 2113, 2147; Pub. L. 104–294, title VI,  604(b)(14)(B), 607(a), Oct. 11, 1996, 110 Stat. 3507, 3511.)

^THAT^

Baptiste said.