Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We need to start a movement to Expel certain states from the union by Constitutional Amendment

Maybe we can get Massie to do this. He's more expendable
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can appreciate the frustrations creating the call for such action; however, feel the suggested course misguided. Living in California, my state would certainly make the list. The realities of the problem is a combination of political ignorance on the part of the represented voting constituency, coupled with a healthy dose of political corruption. California's "motor voter" law comes to mind. First, regardless of citizenship status, individuals can obtain drivers licenses. Second, EVERYONE with a drivers license is automatically registered to vote, unless they choose to opt out. As far as California State Government's obvious decision to show distain and and disloyalty to the union, by ignoring any cooperation with our duly elected Presidential Administration and federal agencies, removing the state from the union is not the right answer in my opinion. Each state has resource, mass, and human capital that belongs to the United States. What desperately needs happen is consequences for these states. No state as of yet has received a consequence. If federal funding is withheld from these states, they will feel the consequence of their decisions. The Presidential Administration also has the option; moreover, is yet to use the option, of sending the National Guard to force state compliance. This precedence was set on June 11, 1963, when then President Kennedy sent the National Guard to force Alabama Governor Wallace to comply with federal anti segregation laws. Rather than "throwing out the baby with the dirty bath water," by forcing states to be separated from the Union, it would be wiser to force the states to feel an actual consequence. Liberty demands states be allowed to form their own state governance; however, they should never be free from the consequence of their intentional indifference to the United States.
    Last edited by Leaning Libertarian; 07-16-2018 at 07:23 PM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaning Libertarian View Post
    I can appreciate the frustrations creating the call for such action; however, feel the suggested course misguided. Living in California, my state would certainly make the list. The realities of the problem is a combination of political ignorance on the part of the represented voting constituency, coupled with a healthy dose of political corruption. California's "motor voter" law comes to mind. First, regardless of citizenship status, individuals can obtain drivers licenses. Second, EVERYONE with a drivers license is automatically registered to vote, unless they choose to opt out. As far as California State Government's obvious decision to show distain and and disloyalty to the union, by ignoring any cooperation with our duly elected Presidential Administration and federal agencies, removing the state from the union is not the right answer in my opinion. Each state has resource, mass, and human capital that belongs to the United States. What desperately needs happen is consequences for these states. No state as of yet has received a consequence. If federal funding is withheld from these states, they will feel the consequence of their decisions. The Presidential Administration also has the option; moreover, is yet to use the option, of sending the National Guard to force state compliance. This precedence was set on June 11, 1963, when then President Kennedy sent the National Guard to force Alabama Governor Wallace to comply with federal anti segregation laws. Rather than "throwing out the baby with the dirty bath water," by forcing states to be separated from the Union, it would be wiser to force the states to feel an actual consequence. Liberty demands states be allowed to form their own state governance; however, they should never be free from the consequence of their intentional indifference to the United States.
    I understand your position but the basic problem is the hordes of leftists who inhabit the worst states, so long as they continue to send Representatives and Senators to D.C. the steps you suggest will be blocked.

For what it is worth I would not include California in the expulsion, there are too many conservatives trapped there, I want to target states that are even more solidly leftist, once they have been expelled CALExit will happen because the left will despair of ever regaining power, then we can allow CALExit on the condition that the conservative leaning counties be left behind as the State of California.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Leaning Libertarian View Post
    Please dear God tell me this is satire.

And for the record, the precident was set on April 14, 1861.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    Please dear God tell me this is satire.

And for the record, the precident was set on April 14, 1861.
    Ya think?
    There is no spoon.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Please sign and spread.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Just need two thirds of the states to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Just need two thirds of the states to agree.
    And?

We might not need a Constitutional Amendment, by the way.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    And?

No, but to remove a state you still need two thirds of the states to agree. In addition to a majority of the citizens of that state. Either way.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No, but to remove a state you still need two thirds of the states to agree. In addition to a majority of the citizens of that state. Either way.
    Says who?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Please sign and spread.
    I’d much rather “sign a petition” to End Common Core / FedDeptEd.

If trump does one single thing to MAGA, this be it. Otherwise it don’t matter immigrants or natural born.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I’d much rather “sign a petition” to End Common Core / FedDeptEd.

If trump does one single thing to MAGA, this be it. Otherwise it don’t matter immigrants or natural born.
    You can't do both?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You can't do both?
    I don’t see any mileage gained by that in today’s climate. I’ll ponder it, but education has to change first and foremost to rid the indoctrination camps. IMO it’s far more severe a problem than a few thousand immigrants coming in, these are innocent young minds nation-wide the government is totally wrecking and destroying.

I don’t see any mileage gained by that in today’s climate. I’ll ponder it, but education has to change first and foremost to rid the indoctrination camps. IMO it’s far more severe a problem than a few thousand immigrants coming in, these are innocent young minds nation-wide the government is totally wrecking and destroying.
    Why are you talking about immigration?
    The petition is to expel New York from the union for gross violations of Human and Constitutional rights.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Why are you talking about immigration?
    The petition is to expel New York from the union for gross violations of Human and Constitutional rights.
    Yes I understand. But the "crisis", because "they" are invading and taking over our way of life.

I think education is the way to go for ALL people, so that no matter what state one lives in, Rights can be protected by the Individual People, not some legislature who wrote random stuff down on a piece of paper.

I mean seriously, Swordsmyth, anybody who owns a home, business or restaurant knows that that is a gross mis-management of valuable paper, everybody knows it is supposed to be used as Toilet Paper.

For example, this is where I was, boots on the ground, a couple of weeks ago. I also used that time to talk to some folks about Natural Rights, the NAP and Free Market Principles (as opposed to "fair" market). I'm not sure if anybody captured me on video this time, I'll check around on youtube when I get the chance.

Yes I understand. But the "crisis", because "they" are invading and taking over our way of life.

I think education is the way to go for ALL people, so that no matter what state one lives in, Rights can be protected by the Individual People, not some legislature who wrote random stuff down on a piece of paper.

I mean seriously, Swordsmyth, anybody who owns a home, business or restaurant knows that that is a gross mis-management of valuable paper, everybody knows it is supposed to be used as Toilet Paper.

For example, this is where I was, boots on the ground, a couple of weeks ago. I also used that time to talk to some folks about Natural Rights, the NAP and Free Market Principles (as opposed to "fair" market). I'm not sure if anybody captured me on video this time, I'll check around on youtube when I get the chance.

Education is fine but while you are educating people who don't believe in liberty the rest of us need a place to live with people who believe in liberty, if you succeed that's great but if you fail there needs to be a place where people actually have liberty.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Education is fine but while you are educating people who don't believe in liberty the rest of us need a place to live with people who believe in liberty, if you succeed that's great but if you fail there needs to be a place where people actually have liberty.
    Your way, you will eventually reduce liberty, and areas enough, so that one would be forced to live inside of a shoe-box, still screaming for government to save you, and have me pay for it.

Thanks, but no. I will continue my path. It is a long one, but every now and then, we are able to get another onboard.

In order to promote principles, one must stand by them. Don't you agree?

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Your way, you will eventually reduce liberty, and areas enough, so that one would be forced to live inside of a shoe-box, still screaming for government to save you, and have me pay for it.

Thanks, but no. I will continue my path. It is a long one, but every now and then, we are able to get another onboard.

In order to promote principles, one must stand by them. Don't you agree?
    Your way nobody will ever live in any liberty, you will never convert the whole world and unless you do there will never be any liberty for anyone.

I have principles and they say that we should create as much liberty as we can for as many people as we can and that means we have to have our own area where liberty actually exists.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Your way nobody will ever live in any liberty, you will never convert the whole world and unless you do there will never be any liberty for anyone.

I have principles and they say that we should create as much liberty as we can for as many people as we can and that means we have to have our own area where liberty actually exists.

Utopia does not exist.

There is conversation on another TDS forum that after trump builds his great wall, they want to urge him to build another wall along the US/Canada border, and then at the Atlantic/Pacific oceans to emulate Israel and their Gaza barrier.

No, I do not want to live in a shoe-box, even if it's sturdy.

Utopia does not exist.

There is conversation on another TDS forum that after trump builds his great wall, they want to urge him to build another wall along the US/Canada border, and then at the Atlantic/Pacific oceans to emulate Israel and their Gaza barrier.

No, I do not want to live in a shoe-box, even if it's sturdy.
    Utopia doesn't exist but it is still possible to have your own territory with more liberty than the rest of the world, history is full of examples.

YOU are the one chasing Utopia, you want to achieve the impossible of converting the whole world and you want to condemn all of us to live with the lowest common denominator until you do.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Utopia doesn't exist but it is still possible to have your own territory with more liberty than the rest of the world, history is full of examples.

YOU are the one chasing Utopia, you want to achieve the impossible of converting the whole world and you want to condemn all of us to live with the lowest common denominator until you do.
    Buy property, like I did. Put up a fence, like I did. Buy guns, like I did.

Instead of blowing money on 2 border walls, 2 Gaza barriers, more gasoline to find entry/exit points, more government military guards, more drones and police-state equipment -- save your money, invest in home/land improvements, and enjoy getting out in the world. There is so much beauty and adventure if you only look.

Buy property, like I did. Put up a fence, like I did. Buy guns, like I did.

Instead of blowing money on 2 border walls, 2 Gaza barriers, more gasoline to find entry/exit points, more government military guards, more drones and police-state equipment -- save your money, invest in home/land improvements, and enjoy getting out in the world. There is so much beauty and adventure if you only look.
    The commies will come and take it all away from you, history and current conditions are full of examples, like it or not groups are necessary to secure liberty and group territory is necessary to secure liberty.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 01-25-2019 at 12:41 AM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Best case scenario: all 50 states get expelled from the Union.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Doing this would be the end of Rand's career.

Rand still has a bright future with many years left of being a senator.

Let's not ruin that by asking him to do something that might make a difference.
    He could be Chief of Bowling Green
    Do something Danke

Originally Posted by Swordsmyth

Says who?
    Still waiting for an answer zip...........................

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you guys haven't read Adjustment Day by Chuck Palahniuk, you are missing out. The West coast gets ejected along with every gay person from the USA. The South gets ejected with all the blacks. The Straight whites get the rest. Its from the dude who wrote Fight Club.

In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12