Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We need to start a movement to Expel certain states from the union by Constitutional Amendment

Maybe we can get Massie to do this. He's more expendable
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can appreciate the frustrations creating the call for such action; however, feel the suggested course misguided. Living in California, my state would certainly make the list. The realities of the problem is a combination of political ignorance on the part of the represented voting constituency, coupled with a healthy dose of political corruption. California's "motor voter" law comes to mind. First, regardless of citizenship status, individuals can obtain drivers licenses. Second, EVERYONE with a drivers license is automatically registered to vote, unless they choose to opt out. As far as California State Government's obvious decision to show distain and and disloyalty to the union, by ignoring any cooperation with our duly elected Presidential Administration and federal agencies, removing the state from the union is not the right answer in my opinion. Each state has resource, mass, and human capital that belongs to the United States. What desperately needs happen is consequences for these states. No state as of yet has received a consequence. If federal funding is withheld from these states, they will feel the consequence of their decisions. The Presidential Administration also has the option; moreover, is yet to use the option, of sending the National Guard to force state compliance. This precedence was set on June 11, 1963, when then President Kennedy sent the National Guard to force Alabama Governor Wallace to comply with federal anti segregation laws. Rather than "throwing out the baby with the dirty bath water," by forcing states to be separated from the Union, it would be wiser to force the states to feel an actual consequence. Liberty demands states be allowed to form their own state governance; however, they should never be free from the consequence of their intentional indifference to the United States.
    Last edited by Leaning Libertarian; 07-16-2018 at 07:23 PM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaning Libertarian View Post
    I can appreciate the frustrations creating the call for such action; however, feel the suggested course misguided. Living in California, my state would certainly make the list. The realities of the problem is a combination of political ignorance on the part of the represented voting constituency, coupled with a healthy dose of political corruption. California's "motor voter" law comes to mind. First, regardless of citizenship status, individuals can obtain drivers licenses. Second, EVERYONE with a drivers license is automatically registered to vote, unless they choose to opt out. As far as California State Government's obvious decision to show distain and and disloyalty to the union, by ignoring any cooperation with our duly elected Presidential Administration and federal agencies, removing the state from the union is not the right answer in my opinion. Each state has resource, mass, and human capital that belongs to the United States. What desperately needs happen is consequences for these states. No state as of yet has received a consequence. If federal funding is withheld from these states, they will feel the consequence of their decisions. The Presidential Administration also has the option; moreover, is yet to use the option, of sending the National Guard to force state compliance. This precedence was set on June 11, 1963, when then President Kennedy sent the National Guard to force Alabama Governor Wallace to comply with federal anti segregation laws. Rather than "throwing out the baby with the dirty bath water," by forcing states to be separated from the Union, it would be wiser to force the states to feel an actual consequence. Liberty demands states be allowed to form their own state governance; however, they should never be free from the consequence of their intentional indifference to the United States.
    I understand your position but the basic problem is the hordes of leftists who inhabit the worst states, so long as they continue to send Representatives and Senators to D.C. the steps you suggest will be blocked.

For what it is worth I would not include California in the expulsion, there are too many conservatives trapped there, I want to target states that are even more solidly leftist, once they have been expelled CALExit will happen because the left will despair of ever regaining power, then we can allow CALExit on the condition that the conservative leaning counties be left behind as the State of California.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Leaning Libertarian View Post
    Please dear God tell me this is satire.

And for the record, the precident was set on April 14, 1861.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    Please dear God tell me this is satire.

And for the record, the precident was set on April 14, 1861.
    Ya think?
    There is no spoon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12