View Poll Results: Would you use ask as a noun?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. I am not insane.

4 44.44%
  • Yes. People in my company do it all the time and I love it!

3 33.33%
  • What?

2 22.22%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you use ask as a noun?

Would you use ask as a noun?

Is "request" too difficult? Poll attached.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I used an asked to chop down a tree.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Is "request" too difficult?
    Sometimes.

Poll attached.
    NEO

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

With the simple addition of '-ment' or '-ion' to a verb, it becomes a noun! Learn how to change a verb into a noun in this grammar lesson. It's pretty simple, once you understand how it works.

Is it timosmanment or timosmanion when I verb you?
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Worst. Gerund. Lesson. Evarrrr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    The topic is verbs-into-nouns and not nouns-into-verbs.

Is "request" too difficult? Poll attached.
    Is this the source of your irritation?
    sangandongo • 3 years ago

The one that really irks me is when the word request is replaced by ask in a corporate setting, such as: "The conversation concerns a customer with an ask about the product."

I see this constantly in my industry and it drives me ape-$#@!.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It was the big Ask. And she said yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Is this the source of your irritation?
    Yup. Mostly done by non-native speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    It was the big Ask. And she said yes!
    Let me guess. English is not your primary language?

Let me guess. English is not your primary language?
    Da! Yo spreche Engrish tres bien! Grazie!

Yup. Mostly done by non-native speakers.
    I've never seen or heard it before. I asked my Wife if She has, and she said it is common. She is a Desk Jockey.
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Da! Yo spreche Engrish tres bien! Grazie!
    Muchas gracias.

That's about as bad as someone asking a querstion about something.

I've never seen or heard it before. I asked my Wife if She has, and she said it is common. She is a Desk Jockey.
    Corporate psychopaths trying to be cute and the desk jockeys too afraid to utter a peep.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I like the word conversate.

Corporate psychopaths trying to be cute and the desk jockeys too afraid to utter a peep.
    I doubt she has enough time to worry about it.

Peace.

I like the word conversate.
    You and "W".

Peace.

I doubt she has enough time to worry about it.
    Why you should stop telling people you're so busy - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...you-re-so-busy

Muchas gracias.
    Muchos Garcias. Buenas nachos!

I also like to pronounce Parmesan, par-me-see-n and guacamole, Guatemala.

I was refusing to use "impact" long before this "ask" thing showed up.
    I actually tell members of my team that "impact" is a handy way for people to remain voluntarily ignorant of when to use "affect" vs "effect", and when you use it around me, you are proclaiming this willful ignorance.
    I haven't figured put how to insult them into not using "ask" as a noun yet.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Why you should stop telling people you're so busy - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...you-re-so-busy
    I'm to busy to click on that.

Peace.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Only beta females make asks. I make demands. Like a boss
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Alpha females use whatever words they want and don't give a crap what anyone thinks.

Alpha females use whatever words they want and don't give a crap what anyone thinks.
    What do you tell an alpha female with two black eyes?

Nothing, you already told her twice
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

You'd never see an alpha female with two black eyes. After he hit her the first time, she'd kill the SOB.

You'd never see an alpha female with two black eyes. After he hit her the first time, she'd kill the SOB.
    You also never see an Alpha Female use the term SOB. To her, sons of bitches are Children of Enlightenment.

When I Verbize that particular noun, I just use "bore to tears".
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

Things are gettin' feisty on teh RPFs! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast