Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does the West have the will to survive?

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    You said that there needs to be a purge to create an ideal world of ethnically distinct nations. You even referred to it as purification. How else would you characterize that if not ethnic cleansing?
    Ethnic cleansing implies the use of death squads specifically targeting a population. I don't want such thing. I want the tech gone, so the game can begin. Most of the city dwellers are likely going to die, when the strings are cut.

Secondly, my point about ethnically distinct nations was about dissolving/destroying the current dominant power structure in the West that meddles in their affairs.
    Last edited by AuH20; 06-23-2018 at 08:35 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I just looked at this thread to change the view count from 666 to 667. You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Ethnic cleansing implies the use of death squads specifically targeting a population.
    Informal ethnic cleansing is still ethnic cleansing.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Secondly, my point about ethnically distinct nations was about dissolving/destroying the current dominant power structure in the West that meddles in their affairs.
    1. That's not at all the meaning of ethnically distinct.
    2. Purging Jews is still ethnic cleansing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

The man behind the curtain is promoting the left and polluting the right, the left believes in nothing good and can't be saved, the right believes in good things and can be saved if it is cleansed.
    Even without a cleansing a world ruled by the right would be better than the world the left is creating.
    How does it feel to be one of the sheep this site used to deride from 2007 to 2014?

Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    Tethered? By having an account or email address?

Could a person also be considered Tethered by ownership of their house or car? Or their job?
    Technology doesn't end with "an account or email address"....

Kind of disingenuous don't you think?

As to your query, yes a person could be considered tethered to a house, a car not so much as it's mobile and disposable although cars of today are rife with tethering technology....

It is stunning how the topic changed in just few years from this:

to this:

Does the West have the will to survive?

Pat Buchanan blasts progressives who are loyal only to 'an ideological nation'
    What went wrong and is who ultimately responsible for this stunning shift of popular sentiment in America/West?
    Trump's election/sudden rise of 'America First' indicates that many in the West, particularly White demographics share similar sentiments and see West as under assault lately from multiple fronts.

But questions like above also seriously undermine West's historic role as a confident global freedom/modern values spreader and even as adventrous colonialist here n there birthing modern values spreading regimes around the globe.

This Western awakening of late logically contradicts another stringent popular mindset that makes West to go spend its blood and treasure on costly adventures like Iraqi Freedom and semi-racial/semi-biblical motivated oppression drives like funding occupation of non-chosen Palestinians for last 5-6 decades. What is West's game plan/ideology in the end and who's running the show? Who are puppet masters and who are the final deciders behind policies of past decades that got West to this question?

But to give credit where due, PB had opposed Iraqi Freedom 1.0 bombings by Bush Sr and also opposed Iraqi freedom 2.0 bush W Bush. He was the original 'America Firster' even when Trump used to fund and praise progressives like Clintons/Schumers/Obamas.

Is Pat Buchanan Anti-Semitic?

By Newsweek Staff On 12/22/91

In late 1965, when 27-year-old Pat Buchanan got the job interview with Richard Nixon that would change his life, there was one matter on which he would not compromise. He writes in his autobiography that Nixon expected him to say he was not as conservative as William F. Buckley. Buchanan was anxious to work for Nixon, but he wouldn't budge. "I have a tremendous admiration for Bill Buckley," he said. In fact, Buchanan considered Buckley's National Review to be his "spiritual guide" in polities.

Last week, as Buchanan announced his candidacy for president, Buckley didn't exactly return the favor. In a 40,000-word National Review essay on anti-Semitism among intellectuals, Buckley suggests that Buchanan's columns on the gulf war were anti-Semitic. While apparently free of prejudice against individual Jews, Buchanan has a real problem. His 1992 campaign slogan-"America First"-echoes more than just pre-World War II isolationism. The America First Committee, headed by Charles Lindbergh, was also discernibly pro-German and anti-Semitic, as Buchanan (whose father was a supporter) well knows. Worse, many of his columns have shown a peculiar obsession with Nazi revisionism.

"There are only two groups that are beating the drums for war in the Middle East-the Israeli Defense Ministry and its amen corner in the United States," Buchanan said on TV last year, singling out A.M. Rosenthal, Charles Krauthammer, Henry Kissinger and Richard Perle, all Jews. Why, Buckley asks, didn't he mention any similarly credentialed Christian war supporters, such as James J. Kilpatrick, George Will, Frank Gaffney and Alexander Haig?

Buchanan also wrote that if the United States went to war, the fighting would be done by "kids with names like McAllister, Murphy, Gonzales, and Leroy Brown." Buckley, in his usual opaque writing style, argues that this amounts to charging Jews with starting a war they wouldn't fight in a genuine slur against them. He adds: "I find it impossible to defend Pat Buchanan against the charge that what he did and said during the period under examination amounted to anti-Semitism, whatever it was that drove him to say and do it: most probably, an iconoclastic temperament."
    http://www.newsweek.com/pat-buchanan...semitic-201176

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Pat Buchanan blasts progressives who are loyal only to 'an ideological nation'
    Thus, Trump seeks to build a wall, turn back the intruders and bring Vladimir Putin back into the Western camp, where Russia belongs. Thus the new populist regime in Rome blocks boats of refugees from landing in Italy. Thus Angela Merkel looks like yesterday, and Viktor Orban like tomorrow.
    EM

Reagan's political slave masters/ideological neocons etc would be turning in their graves over this new and improved policy stances ike this. Probably Mccain's too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqZ-ToXjCz0

Related

9-11 FAMILIES IN IRAQ Visit bombed shelter on 6-day peace mission

As U.S. troops massed in the region, relatives of victims of the Sept. 11 attacks visited a Baghdad shelter bombed during the Gulf War and sang songs of peace with Iraqi children yesterday. "Suffering is universal," said Kristina Olsen, 44, a nurse from Massachusetts whose sister was aboard one of the hijacked jets that exploded into the World Trade Center. "It connects us, and we've bonded together in that suffering.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/...ticle-1.659672

Trump Is Pat Buchanan With Better Timing

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...ativist-214221

Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post
    I just looked at this thread to change the view count from 666 to 667. You're welcome.
    I wish Bryan would have locked it right before you clicked... the symbolism would have been delicious.
    Last edited by A Son of Liberty; 06-23-2018 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    How does it feel to be one of the sheep this site used to deride from 2007 to 2014?

Thread winner. :thumbs:

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Thread winner. :thumbs:
    I second that.

I recall Trump's inauguraion speech featured two leaders, Trump (moderate Left/opportunist with good rhetoric skills) lately being rebranded as 'Right' and 'moderate far left' Schumer. Both probably funded by same pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Technology doesn't end with "an account or email address"....

Kind of disingenuous don't you think?

As to your query, yes a person could be considered tethered to a house, a car not so much as it's mobile and disposable although cars of today are rife with tethering technology....
    I wasn't sure what you were getting at saying people are Tethered or affecting Freedom. Is it just the dependence on technology that bothers some people? Or maybe the on-board computers that run GPS or other Apps including Bluetooth that can then tether the car to the phone? Do people rely to much on convenient gadgets or using so technology creates a vulnerability for hacking so it's a Privacy concern?

How people include technology in their lives can have issues and it's always developing. I'm just not sure any issues are worth hoping for an EMP to knock everything out.

I wasn't sure what you were getting at saying people are Tethered or affecting Freedom. Is it just the dependence on technology that bothers some people? Or maybe the on-board computers that run GPS or other Apps including Bluetooth that can then tether the car to the phone? Do people rely to much on convenient gadgets or using so technology creates a vulnerability for hacking so it's a Privacy concern?

How people include technology in their lives can have issues and it's always developing. I'm just not sure any issues are worth hoping for an EMP to knock everything out.
    Technology + Big-Gov = real problems for anyone who opposes Big-Gov...

Any device that can be accessed can be used against you, maybe not in a "court of law" but certainly to help develop admissible evidence.

See the countless threads about 7,243 felonies per day just in case you consider yourself free from such behavior...

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    You know, it doesn't go unnoticed, that every time I claim your fundamental position is that they're not human, nobody ever protests.
    We do, but if we don't some particular time it is because such a deranged accusation isn't worthy of a response.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ->
    I stand by every word, I did not say they weren't human, I said they had some rights as humans but no right to be here.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 06-23-2018 at 08:19 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post

LOL

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Any device that can be accessed can be used against you, maybe not in a "court of law" but certainly to help develop admissible evidence.

See the countless threads about 7,243 felonies per day just in case you consider yourself free from such behavior...
    Okay under some circumstances, something like On-Star in a car could be abused. There may also be cases where eager people try to find evidence before they have a warrant, so they try to snoop through Social Media. Another concern is any kind of Datamining or letting AIs hunt for suspicious activity or put phone or network traffic through a filter to listen for key words. I don't know how much car gadgets come into play with that, but more for filtering email and phone calls.

Are the words I'm typing here being intercepted and searched for keywords? If so, how much should I care? I have mixed feelings about it because what I post to this forum is Public. However what I say on the phone or send in Email is my business. That could be evidence to be collected, but only after a Warrant.

So yeah, Information Technology can be weird and have it's issues, but my feeling is it's not worth rolling back a few hundred years.

Okay under some circumstances, something like On-Star in a car could be abused. There may also be cases where eager people try to find evidence before they have a warrant, so they try to snoop through Social Media. Another concern is any kind of Datamining or letting AIs hunt for suspicious activity or put phone or network traffic through a filter to listen for key words. I don't know how much car gadgets come into play with that, but more for filtering email and phone calls.

Are the words I'm typing here being intercepted and searched for keywords? If so, how much should I care? I have mixed feelings about it because what I post to this forum is Public. However what I say on the phone or send in Email is my business. That could be evidence to be collected, but only after a Warrant.

So yeah, Information Technology can be weird and have it's issues, but my feeling is it's not worth rolling back a few hundred years.
    Alexa?

Bluetooth enabled toilets, refridge,washer/drier, phones that can be used as streaming devices unknown to the owner....

None of this is new news.

Now let's talk about the modern man's inability to think critically or analytically when compared to his non-techie ancestors....

Maybe the physical effects of technology on man.......

I'm not sold on technology being as grand as you seem to think it is.

Regardless, could you make it out alive if all technology failed tomorrow? Would you and your family make it through 4 seasons?

Oops. Double Post.
    Last edited by VIDEODROME; 06-23-2018 at 04:59 PM.

Alexa?

Bluetooth enabled toilets, refridge,washer/drier, phones that can be used as streaming devices unknown to the owner....

None of this is new news.

Now let's talk about the modern man's inability to think critically or analytically when compared to his non-techie ancestors....

Maybe the physical effects of technology on man.......

I'm not sold on technology being as grand as you seem to think it is.

Regardless, could you make it out alive if all technology failed tomorrow? Would you and your family make it through 4 seasons?
    Could you survive? Or is there a view that modern people are to soft and need to perish?

Okay so this is another side to being Tethered from the dependence point of view that seems to really bother some people. One of my criticisms of technology has been Television which has had a mostly negative effect before we even got into computers like today. I feel like we're in a constant process of growing and developing Newer forms of media and we need to discard Television. So no, not all technology is grand. Maybe Television had it's day, but it should really go away.

I don't like Facebook either, but I have liked regular Email that felt more like real correspondence between people.

I do hope Books stay though and even they're a product of technology and the printing press. I also think modern Kindle E-Readers are a great tool. Before this we didn't even have literacy, so I'm not sure where that puts our ancestors in terms of a mostly oral education.

The physical effects vary widely. In the workplace it varies between lot's of sitting at computer or people standing all days as machine operators. Even I do lots of sitting as a truck driver. People have to do some kind of work though right? Maybe what is needed is better work-life balance so people have time for more recreation.

And with DNA collection and high tech video editing on the horizon, you don't even need actual evidence to banish your political foes.
    Last edited by AuH20; 06-23-2018 at 05:01 PM.

Technology gone awry. Did you really think they would let us use the internet to defeat them?

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Could you survive? Or is there a view that modern people are to soft and need to perish?
    Yes my family would survive, we'd be okay as would the vast majority of rural people.

It's not my place to determine who's "soft" or who should perish but do yourself a favor and give the subject more than a fleeting thought.

Yes my family would survive, we'd be okay as would the vast majority of rural people.

It's not my place to determine who's "soft" or who should perish but do yourself a favor and give the subject more than a fleeting thought.
    Okay well people are wishing for an EMP bomb to knock us all out. That's mostly what I was responding to and I think that was AuH20.

I'm not sure what your situation is other than being in a more rural community, but I guess you stock up or can adapt to managing with no outside supplies if the lights went out permanently and trucks stop bringing goods to stores? That's cool, self sufficiency is a great thing or being prepared for emergencies.

As for me, I've mostly been around small towns and I've seen some rural life. There were Amish near where I used to live so I've seen a little glimpse of the life with no modern technology, though they curiously don't have an issue getting a ride from someone with a car.

Okay well people are wishing for an EMP bomb to knock us all out. That's mostly what I was responding to and I think that was AuH20.

I'm not sure what your situation is other than being in a more rural community, but I guess you stock up or can adapt to managing with no outside supplies if the lights went out permanently and trucks stop bringing goods to stores? That's cool, self sufficiency is a great thing or being prepared for emergencies.

As for me, I've mostly been around small towns and I've seen some rural life. There were Amish near where I used to live so I've seen a little glimpse of the life with no modern technology, though they curiously don't have an issue getting a ride from someone with a car.
    The only reason I bring up the EMP is that there is no other option. Your neighbor either (a) willfully supports this dystopian future (b) is completely indifferent or (c) intellectually incapable of processing the inherent danger.

I think it's high time someone releases the full fury of mother nature as the ultimate teaching tool because our words are certainly not heeded. Americans need a crash course on humanity and life on this blue sphere, since they have been denied the harsh lessons of the past by their gatekeepers. The historical record was meant as a guide to future generations, but it has been tampered with and corrupted.

->
    "Some human rights", meaning they are partially human.
    I'm not making $#@! up here, you guys honestly believe there are two classes of human being.
    You could be consistent by denying rights altogether....
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    "Some human rights", meaning they are partially human.
    I'm not making $#@! up here, you guys honestly believe there are two classes of human being.
    You could be consistent by denying rights altogether....
    I did not say they weren't human, I said they had some rights as humans but no right to be here.

You and the vampire don't get to twist my words to suit your prejudices.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by FvS View Post
    It should be a left turn.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I stand by every word, I did not say they weren't human, I said they had some rights as humans but no right to be here.
    SOME rights? lol, that's awfully generous of you!

LOL
    You weren't here back then, so you wouldn't know. He's right - this used to be a forum that actually understood the nature of politics. Now it seems to have devolved into basically Breitbart without so much mouth-breathing.

I did not say they weren't human, I said they had some rights as humans but no right to be here.

You and the vampire don't get to twist my words to suit your prejudices.
    You keep saying "some" rights... it's like you don't understand that every human being has the same rights as any other.

They don't have "some" rights. They have every right that you have.

ETA: I should add, there has always been this element in the movement... this, "politics is the answer", crowd. The people who actually picked up what Ron was putting down realized pretty early on that the objective was changing hearts-and-minds, if I may borrow the crass phrase from the US military, ironically. There were those back in 2012 (I just missed the bus on 2008) who wanted Ron to moderate his message, to mollify the Establishment... to get them to "like" us. Thank goodness he didn't. We wouldn't have had the Guiliani moment, or so many other of his principled stands. Rand, in my view without intent, wrecked all of that, because he like many here seemed to think that this Leviathan could be seized and reprogrammed. He was wrong, obviously, and now the harvest we're reaping is this bizarre troupe of Trumpists and born-again Republicans who wouldn't understand a right if it slapped them across the face.

It's a shame, and it's probably the single most relevant factor in my disengagement from the movement. We don't necessarily need a public "leader" as we had with Ron from 08-12, but we do need a coherent message with wide enough broadcast to attract popular attention.
    Last edited by A Son of Liberty; 06-24-2018 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    SOME rights? lol, that's awfully generous of you!

You weren't here back then, so you wouldn't know. He's right - this used to be a forum that actually understood the nature of politics. Now it seems to have devolved into basically Breitbart without so much mouth-breathing.

You keep saying "some" rights... it's like you don't understand that every human being has the same rights as any other.

They don't have "some" rights. They have every right that you have.

ETA: I should add, there has always been this element in the movement... this, "politics is the answer", crowd. The people who actually picked up what Ron was putting down realized pretty early on that the objective was changing hearts-and-minds, if I may borrow the crass phrase from the US military, ironically. There were those back in 2012 (I just missed the bus on 2008) who wanted Ron to moderate his message, to mollify the Establishment... to get them to "like" us. Thank goodness he didn't. We wouldn't have had the Guiliani moment, or so many other of his principled stands. Rand, in my view without intent, wrecked all of that, because he like many here seemed to think that this Leviathan could be seized and reprogrammed. He was wrong, obviously, and now the harvest we're reaping is this bizarre troupe of Trumpists and born-again Republicans who wouldn't understand a right if it slapped them across the face.

It's a shame, and it's probably the single most relevant factor in my disengagement from the movement. We don't necessarily need a public "leader" as we had with Ron from 08-12, but we do need a coherent message with wide enough broadcast to attract popular attention.
    Not everyone has the exact same rights, you have a right to be in your house, I don't, I have a right to be in my house, you don't.

Only simpletons and anarchists believe that there is no difference between the left and the right, there often isn't enough difference between the party leadership but there is a vast gulf that grows ever wider between the voters and most of the politicians.
    You will never achieve anarchy (at least not in one jump) so it is necessary to work with one side or the other to reduce government as much as possible, the right can be harnessed for the work, the left is in complete opposition to the idea.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast