Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is the Trump Administration allowing an ongoing invasion of our borders?

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    Article IV, Section 4...
    That covers domestic violence too . I consider collection of any tax monies used for welfare to be domestic violence , so the fed govt should wage war on itself .
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    While they have one leg on each side.
    Federal law enforcement should be able to kill unidentified persons on American soil as a matter of policy?

No, it is a border enforcement action. It is a territorial action.
    You used the term 'illegal aliens' in your post.

They should be told to wait in Mexico while their application is processed
    Why would they wait in Mexico? They're not from Mexico.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Federal law enforcement should be able to kill unidentified persons on American soil as a matter of policy?
    The American military and border patrol should be able to repel invaders with deadly force.

You used the term 'illegal aliens' in your post.
    Your point is?

Why would they wait in Mexico? They're not from Mexico.
    Because they are in Mexico when they try to enter the US and apply for asylum, if they wish to go somewhere else while they wait for their application to be processed that is between them and wherever else they go.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

The American military and border patrol should be able to repel invaders with deadly force.
    Yes, then?

Your point is?
    Turns out that the word 'legal' and the word 'law' are closely related.

Because they are in Mexico when they try to enter the US and apply for asylum,
    They are in the US on US soil when they apply for asylum.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Yes, then?

Turns out that the word 'legal' and the word 'law' are closely related.
    Territorial enforcement at the border is not the same as ordinary law enforcement.

They are in the US on US soil when they apply for asylum.
    And they should be promptly kicked back across the border until they are approved, they shouldn't be allowed in to make the application on US soil unless they are fleeing Mexico, they can apply at an embassy or consulate, almost all of them should be rejected because Mexico is a viable asylum country for them, not to mention all the other reasons they should be rejected.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

And they should be promptly kicked back across the border until they are approved, they shouldn't be allowed in to make the application on US soil unless they are fleeing Mexico, they can apply at an embassy or consulate, almost all of them should be rejected because Mexico is a viable asylum country for them, not to mention all the other reasons they should be rejected.
    This is the most ridiculous explanation I have ever heard. Not everybody is from Cuba and it has been this way for a while. Only Cubans had(have) "dry foot"/"wet foot policy". Everybody else can apply at the embassy. They can also dial our 900 number.

Territorial enforcement at the border is not the same as ordinary law enforcement.
    Some laws are more different from other laws?

they shouldn't be allowed in to make the application on US soil
    I'd love to hear how you envision this happening.

they can apply at an embassy or consulate
    That's not how asylum works. Are you talking about things that you're entirely uninformed about again?
    Pinochet is the model

Some laws are more different from other laws?
    Yes.

I'd love to hear how you envision this happening.
    Throw them back across the border with instructions on how to apply at an embassy or consulate.

That's not how asylum works. Are you talking about things that you're entirely uninformed about again?
    Yes it is how it works.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Throw them back across the border with instructions on how to apply at an embassy or consulate.
    What do you mean 'back?' Do you mean that they are already on US soil? But you said that they shouldn't be allowed in, remember?

they shouldn't be allowed in to make the application on US soil

Yes it is how it works.
    Nope.

Asylum
    The United States does not grant asylum in its diplomatic premises abroad. Under U.S. law, the United States grants asylum only to aliens who are physically present in the United States.
    https://it.usembassy.gov/embassy-con...efugeesasylum/

Womp womp
    Pinochet is the model

What do you mean 'back?' Do you mean that they are already on US soil? But you said that they shouldn't be allowed in, remember?
    No, I said they shouldn't be allowed to make their application on US soil, we are discussing immigrants who entered the US legally or illegally.

From your link:
    Persons interested in being considered for the US Refugee Program should contact the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). UNHCR in Rome is located at Via Caroncini 19, 00197 Rome, Telephone 06.802.121, Fax 06.8021.2324.

They shouldn't be accepting asylum applications from illegal entrants on US soil, those who can't gain legal entry are supposed to apply via UNHCR, if we leave the UN it will presumably change to US embassies and consulates as I thought it already was.

WOMP WOMP

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No, I said they shouldn't be allowed to make their application on US soil, we are discussing immigrants who entered the US legally or illegally.
    That's not what you said, but I'll play along. Once they're on US soil they are eligible to apply.

From your link:
    Persons interested in being considered for the US Refugee Program should contact the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). UNHCR in Rome is located at Via Caroncini 19, 00197 Rome, Telephone 06.802.121, Fax 06.8021.2324.
    You've nearly learned that asylees and refugees are different. You're just a little bit of reading comprehension away!

They shouldn't be accepting asylum applications from illegal entrants on US soil
    They aren't illegal entrants. They haven't entered illegally; they're applying on US soil at the port of entry.

Those who can't gain legal entry are supposed to apply via UNHCR, if we leave the UN it will presumably change to US embassies and consulates as I thought it already was.

WOMP WOMP
    Good job, you found the process for refugees! If you keep reading, you'll get to the asylum part.
    Pinochet is the model

That's not what you said, but I'll play along. Once they're on US soil they are eligible to apply.
    Not if they are illegally on US soil.

They aren't illegal entrants. They haven't entered illegally; they're applying on US soil at the port of entry.
    How did they get on US soil? Legally or illegally?
    If the answer is "illegally" then they should be thrown back across the border.

Good job, you found the process for refugees! If you keep reading, you'll get to the asylum part.
    The asylum part is only for people on US soil, they have to get here legally to apply for it, the refugee part is for people who wish to come here but are not yet here and can't get here any other legal way.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

How did they get on US soil? Legally or illegally?
    If the answer is "illegally" then they should be thrown back across the border.
    They are at the border when they apply. On US soil. How would someone be illegal at that point? Did they drive up to the immigration booth in reverse?

The asylum part is only for people on US soil, they have to get here legally to apply for it, the refugee part is for people who wish to come here but are not yet here and can't get here any other legal way.
    Good job! You read a thing! Now you know that what you were saying earlier was exactly wrong!

Here's the next part:
    When a person from Central America gets to a port of entry and applies for asylum there, what laws have they broken to make them illegal?
    Pinochet is the model

They are at the border when they apply. On US soil. How would someone be illegal at that point? Did they drive up to the immigration booth in reverse?
    Most of them are not on the border at a port of entry, most of them cross illegally and resort to applying for asylum when they get caught.

Those that apply at a port of entry should be sent back across the border until their claim is processed since they do not yet have permission to pass the border station and remain in the US.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

President Trump on Sunday called for immigrants who illegally enter the U.S. to be sent “back from where they came” without going through the judicial process in deportation cases.
    “When somebody comes in, we must immediately, with no Judges or Court Cases, bring them back from where they came. Our system is a mockery to good immigration policy and Law and Order,” Trump tweeted.
    He added that the U.S.’s immigration policy is “very unfair to all of those people who have gone through the system legally and are waiting on line for years” and “must be based on merit.”

More at: http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...grants-with-no

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

President Trump on Sunday called for immigrants who illegally enter the U.S. to be sent “back from where they came” without going through the judicial process in deportation cases.
    “When somebody comes in, we must immediately, with no Judges or Court Cases, bring them back from where they came. Our system is a mockery to good immigration policy and Law and Order,” Trump tweeted.
    He added that the U.S.’s immigration policy is “very unfair to all of those people who have gone through the system legally and are waiting on line for years” and “must be based on merit.”

More at: http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...grants-with-no
    Based on merit?! Is he insane?! Anybody able to fog a mirror should qualify. No questions asked.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12