Thread: NYC Majority Leader Cries Over calling Gangs and Crews..."Gangs and Crews"

NYC Majority Leader Cries Over calling Gangs and Crews..."Gangs and Crews"

Councilwoman Laurie Cumbo struggled through tears as NYPD officials explained their gang database tool.

New York, NY – New York City Council Majority Leader Laurie Cumbo broke down in tears during a public safety committee meeting on Wednesday, as NYPD officials described a database system they have established to help track and combat gang violence (video below).

The NYPD database is a tool used to help track the members of approximately 500 gangs and crews operating in the city, the New York Daily News reported.

“The database is a vital tool in keeping the city safe,” Chief of Detectives Dermot Shea explained to the committee. “When violence erupts between two groups, it is vital for us to know who might retaliate and who is likely to be targeted.”

Opponents of the Criminal Group Database have declared the system to be racist, due to the fact that 95 percent of the 17,600 people entered into the system are African American or Hispanic, the Juvenile Justice Information Exchange reported.

“Words like ‘takedown’ and ‘crews’ and to talk about our children that way,” Cumbo lamented, shaking her head. “It’s really, I mean, maybe just because I’m a new mom and I’m really hormonal, but it is terrifying to hear about our children in that way. To be referred to as ‘crews’ and ‘gangs’ and ‘takedowns,’ and I mean, it just…”

According to Chief Shea, the average age of those entered in the database is 27 years old – nearly a decade older than the “children” Cumbo expressed being concerned about.

“The words we use, the language we use,” Cumbo continued through tears, according to the Juvenile Justice Information Exchange. “To hear us talk about them like this. To talk about them like numbers in a database.”

“They are people,” she said, according to the New York Daily News. “They are our community. They’re valuable. We can’t continue to look at people as casualties.”

Chief Shea noted that law enforcement used the same process to successfully topple Italian-American organized crime rings in the 1980s and 1990s.
    https://www.themaven.net/bluelivesma...0WG4I2mBgDqvg/

There is a video were she is "crying" though it looks more like fake crying.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “Words like ‘takedown’ and ‘crews’ and to talk about our children that way,” Cumbo lamented, shaking her head. “It’s really, I mean, maybe just because I’m a new mom and I’m really hormonal, but it is terrifying to hear about our children in that way. To be referred to as ‘crews’ and ‘gangs’ and ‘takedowns,’ and I mean, it just…”
    Chief Shea noted that law enforcement used the same process to successfully topple Italian-American organized crime rings in the 1980s and 1990s

u iz wat u iz.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

I’m a new mom and I’m really hormonal, but it is terrifying to hear
    It's terrifying to hear that really hormonal people are in positions of authority.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    It's terrifying to hear that really hormonal people are in positions of authority.
    What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    What could possibly go wrong?
    A friend who is familiar with a lot of Judges said that you did not want to have certain Judges at certain times of the month. A crime that might get nothing but probation one week might get 10 years the next week.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    A friend who is familiar with a lot of Judges said that you did not want to have certain Judges at certain times of the month. A crime that might get nothing but probation one week might get 10 years the next week.
    Shouldn't consistency be one of the tenets of the justice system?

Equality damn-it!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Shouldn't consistency be one of the tenets of the justice system?
    Justice is blind...with rage, three days of the month.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus