Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On Donald Trump's "Madness" & A New Gold Standard

[QUOTE=Pauls' Revere;6642537]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    You can still run trade deficits on a gold standard. And if you do, you run the risk of losing all of your gold which is why Nixon closed the gold window in 1972. And if gold is your money and you run out of it- what do you do then? The US will not return to a gold standard.

True, the Gold Standard restricts spending and the US didn't want that. Especially to fund Vietnam and the war on poverty and other social programs.
    Yes , Johnsons retard $#@! . Worst pres since woodrow wilson .
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I already explained that, dollars are easier to spend in America.
    Your logic is circular.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Your logic is circular.
    No it isn't.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Therefore, the fact that 7-11s and credit cards exist should be an indicator to you that many people prioritize convenience over cost.

If it's a supply-demand issue, then why are governments getting involved to make societies more "cashless?" And, you never did answer my question. Here it is again:

Do you also lean toward a so-called cashless society?
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    If it's a supply-demand issue, then why are governments getting involved to make societies more "cashless?"
    Depends on what you mean by cashless, but I think that they're following demand rather than encouraging it. The government's interest in cashless economies is newer than credit cards, payment apps, etc. Demand predated government involvement.

Do you also lean toward a so-called cashless society?
    I don't really care; if people prefer to use cashless payment options, that's up to them. I don't think that either cash nor cashless should be mandated. Ideally, there would be competition among currencies and payment options.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Depends on what you mean by cashless, but I think that they're following demand rather than encouraging it. The government's interest in cashless economies is newer than credit cards, payment apps, etc. Demand predated government involvement.
    I think that's debatable. Government used to follow business when government wasn't so big. Now, government often leads the charge. Either way, all of this is too (regrettably) interconnected to say leading versus following is either/or.

...if people prefer to use cashless payment options, that's up to them.
    Going cashless is not the problem. Governments have a problem with people using cash. Governments abuse people with asset forfeiture. See these two websites: http://ij.org/report/policing-for-profit/ and www.endforfeiture.com

I don't think that either cash nor cashless should be mandated.
    If you don't think it should be mandated, then what are you doing about it?

`
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 06-20-2018 at 10:37 AM.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Cashless India

The Digital India programme is a flagship programme of the Government of India with a vision to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. “Faceless, Paperless, Cashless” is one of professed role of Digital India.

http://cashlessindia.gov.in/

FRNs should be based on something, otherwise it's fiat & fraudulent.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The plan is crypto, not gold.
    Why not a gold backed crypto? Seems more likely to be easily adopted than a plain crypto currency openly backed by absolutely nothing. It wouldn't be difficult to do another gold call-in like FDR did, pool all the redeemed gold under one trust, then issue a crypto that tracks the movement of that gold between buyers and sellers digitally. It's basically e-gold. The catch would be that the crypto itself can not be redeemed for physical gold, thus being gold backed but not a gold standard.

Knowing how bankers operate, I think this is the more likely outcome of the planned crypto introduction that's been ongoing for the last year.
    Last edited by devil21; 06-20-2018 at 11:28 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I think that's debatable. Government used to follow business when government wasn't so big. Now, government often leads the charge. Either way, all of this is too (regrettably) interconnected to say leading versus following is either/or.
    Google/Apple/Samsung/etc pay were all initiated by those companies. Square as well. They're competing with the credit card companies by offering dramatically cheaper transaction costs.

Going cashless is not the problem. Governments have a problem with people using cash. Governments abuse people with asset forfeiture. See these two websites: http://ij.org/report/policing-for-profit/ and www.endforfeiture.com
    This is arguing against your point. In a cashless society, government would be less able to seize people's money through asset forfeiture. That's a loss of revenue.

If you don't think it should be mandated, then what are you doing about it?
    I haven't authored, signed, or voted for any bills mandating it.
    Pinochet is the model

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Why not a gold backed crypto?
    Current crypto currencies aren't actually currencies, they're a speculative investment. The *coin believers want/think that their coins will become more valuable. Being tied to a fixed asset makes that less likely, not more likely.
    Pinochet is the model

Why not a gold backed crypto? Seems more likely to be easily adopted than a plain crypto currency openly backed by absolutely nothing. It wouldn't be difficult to do another gold call-in like FDR did, pool all the redeemed gold under one trust, then issue a crypto that tracks the movement of that gold between buyers and sellers digitally. It's basically e-gold. The catch would be that the crypto itself can not be redeemed for physical gold, thus being gold backed but not a gold standard.

Knowing how bankers operate, I think this is the more likely outcome of the planned crypto introduction that's been ongoing for the last year.
    If the crypto can't be redeemed for physical gold, then the crypto isn't gold backed.

If the crypto can't be redeemed for physical gold, then the crypto isn't gold backed.
    Without bothering to bog down in a semantic discussion, "gold backed" and "gold standard" are whatever the bankers say it is via legislation handed to Congress to pass. They change the definitions of words all the time.

1 John: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

Ain't that the damn truth...

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount
    Current crypto currencies aren't actually currencies, they're a speculative investment. The *coin believers want/think that their coins will become more valuable. Being tied to a fixed asset makes that less likely, not more likely.
    Another semantic discussion I'll avoid for the moment, seeing how my thoughts on crypto have been shared in the crypto subforum at length. The problem with your statement is that the coin believers falsely think "their" coins would be the chosen coin of the realm. A silly notion based in fantasy.

I'm more or less projecting an outcome of a gold backed crypto based on the movements of the bankers and the ongoing death of today's fiat currency.
    Last edited by devil21; 06-21-2018 at 01:10 PM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I'm more or less projecting an outcome of a gold backed crypto based on the movements of the bankers and the ongoing death of today's fiat currency.
    Possible, if the demand for crypto speculation somehow transformed into a demand for crypto currency.
    Pinochet is the model

If all money becomes digital, what happens when the Power Goes Out? *looks at Puerto Rico*
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Our central bank is not privately owned.

Possible, if the demand for crypto speculation somehow transformed into a demand for crypto currency.
    Demand has nothing to do with it. Decree, on the other hand....

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    If all money becomes digital, what happens when the Power Goes Out? *looks at Puerto Rico*
    Yes, all that the powers-that-be need do is pull the plug.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Yes, all that the powers-that-be need do is pull the plug.
    As usual, what could possibly go wrong?
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Google/Apple/Samsung/etc pay were all initiated by those companies. Square as well. They're competing with the credit card companies by offering dramatically cheaper transaction costs.
    Those companies do that working intricately with government. Here is an article called VISA, Government in talks to promote cashless economy

This is arguing against your point. In a cashless society, government would be less able to seize people's money through asset forfeiture. That's a loss of revenue.

I disagree, and governments disagree with you. Governments are constantly lamenting how cash use escapes things like taxes and activities they deem deviant. Regardless, governments are already seizing cashless assets. Here is just one example. This article is called Oklahoma Cops Find A New Way To Take People’s Money, Even If They Don’t Have Cash

I haven't authored, signed, or voted for any bills mandating it.

What have you actively done to thwart it?

`

What have you actively done to thwart it?
    `
    I actively post on Yahoo Answers, a hugely influential platform, thereby convincing thousands of grandmas per day of the righteousness of my beliefs.
    Pinochet is the model

I think the easiest way to thwart it is to tell the truth about it, its true achilles heel, and something that is actually just as much of a danger to the elite as it is to us. This thing has to be easy to remember so that others understand and repeat it. Repeat it until the Elite hear it and understand it is just as much of a danger to them as it is to everyone.

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE POWER GOES OUT?
    1776 > 1984

I actively post on Yahoo Answers, a hugely influential platform, thereby convincing thousands of grandmas per day of the righteousness of my beliefs.
    Say what?
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 06-26-2018 at 04:27 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12