Thread: Upskirting happened to me and now I'm fighting to change the law

Upskirting happened to me and now I'm fighting to change the law

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-the-law-video

15 Jun 2018

Gina Martin was at a festival when a man took a photograph up her skirt and shared it with his friends. When the police told her they could not do anything because upskirting was not a crime, she started a campaign. This is how a 26-year-old woman with no legal or political experience is trying to change the law

Update: Since we published this video MP Christopher Chope objected to the upskirting bill meaning that it won't be passed into law on 15 June. Gina Martin has vowed to keep campaigning

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When the police told her they could not do anything because upskirting was not a crime
    Cant they just arrest them for something else?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Pics or it didn't happen...?

I'll show myself out...

The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

At 0:30 she admits to depriving a person of their property(phone). Not very stable?

How do you not notice someone sticking their phone between your legs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Let me be so bold as to suggest that the issue is what she was wearing under her skirt. Was she wearing something that she would wear at the beach? If so, then what did people see that they would not see at the beach?

If she was wearing nothing under her skirt, her upset (at the photo itself) is hypocritical. An unexpected wind burst could also reveal her.

She has every right to be mad at soemone putting a camera under her skirt (and should feel free to slap him or kick him in the face), but that is the same as if someone grabbed her butt in the crowd. Is there a law, and what is the punishment for that? Would the Police arrest the guy if she said "that guy grabbed my ass"?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Would the Police arrest the guy if she said "that guy grabbed my ass"?
    Yes. Sexual assault. 1-5 years in jail.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Yes. Sexual assault. 1-5 years in jail.
    I wouldn't doubt it. Apparently there would be less consequences if someone were to tackle her, punch her and break her ribs, with the added bonus of all kinds of physical contact.

/s
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

solved...

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

How about down blousing? If they make that illegal also, I am ending my life