View Poll Results: Would you consider supporting Trump 2020

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • If things continue the way they're going, I would consider voting for Trump

5 35.71%
  • If things continue the way they're going, I would not vote for Trump, but would be happy if he won

1 7.14%
  • If things continue the way they're going, I would not vote for Trump and don't care if he wins

4 28.57%
  • If things continue the way they're going, I would not vote for Trump and would support an opponent

4 28.57%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you vote for Trump?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...trump-nominee/

Ron Paul: I couldn't support Donald Trump as nominee

Former Texas Rep. Ron Paul said Friday he couldn’t support GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump if Mr. Trump wins the party’s nomination, saying Mr. Trump’s views on the scope of executive authority could surpass those of President Obama.

“No, I couldn’t do that,” Mr. Paul said on Fox Business Network when asked if he would support Mr. Trump, should the billionaire businessman win the GOP nomination. “He’s [the] opposite of a libertarian.”

Mr. Paul, a three-time presidential candidate, said on foreign policy, Mr. Trump probably wouldn’t be that much different than former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, the Democratic front-runner.

“I think the die-hard neoconservatives would not be that extremely unhappy with Hillary,” Mr. Paul said.

“Trump is going to be the most efficient [at] using the executive orders,” he said. “He’ll say this is the way it is, you know. Obama was pretty arrogant. If you don’t do it, [the] Congress, I’ll write an order. Well, I think Trump [will] be 10 times worse on writing orders because he’s used to doing this, and he brags about it.”

“He wants to be the boss. I’m not looking for a boss. We want somebody that will allow us to be our own boss, is what I think we should be looking for,”
    Mr. Paul said.
    Ron wouldn't say who he voted for but hinted he wrote down his son's name on his ballot.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-17-2018 at 05:08 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I cannot really fit myself in to one of those choices so I have not voted . I will commit to not voting for the dem nominee which I predict will know less about economics than satan but be as evil .
    Be careful using inflammatory language like that. Satan may demand an apology.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    His posting history and probable status as a paid shill.
    People keep making these vague accusations but it never seems to happen when I'm around. Did he post Marx quotes before I joined?
    Amash>Trump

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    People keep making these vague accusations but it never seems to happen when I'm around. Did he post Marx quotes before I joined?
    You were here before I was but I have seen him promote and defend the Fed, open borders, high taxes, gun control etc. while opposing the gold standard, voter ID etc.
    He is a shill for the powers that be.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

You were here before I was but I have seen him promote and defend the Fed, open borders, high taxes, gun control etc. while opposing the gold standard, voter ID etc.
    He is a shill for the powers that be.
    Posts favoring gun control? Links?

On immigration- I guess the only alternatives are "Fortress USA" with impregnable fortification and guards every six feet vs completely open borders? I feel our security is good enough now and that we gain little if anything by spending even more on it. It just expands the police state (which I thought Libertarians were opposed to- Ron Paul is not a big fan of it either) and adds to the debt to pay for it.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...otally-useless

Ron Paul on Trump's Border Wall: Totally Useless
    http://articles.latimes.com/2012/feb...forum-20120201

The 12-term Texas congressman spent the better part of a 25-minute address thinking aloud about the thorny subject. He talked about how Americans are more accepting of outsiders when the economy is good, but when trouble looms there is a search for scapegoats.

"I believe Hispanics have been used as scapegoats, to say, they're the problem instead of being a symptom maybe of a problem with the welfare state," Paul told the group. "In Nazi Germany they had to have scapegoats to blame and they turned on the Jews.

"Now there's a lot of antagonism and resentment turned just automatically on immigrants," he continued. "You say, no not immigrants, it's just illegal immigrants. I do believe in legal immigration. I want to have a provision to obey those laws. You have to understand this in the context of the economy."

Paul said he's not one of those politicians who believes that "barbed-wire fences and guns on our border will solve any of our problems." That's not, he said, the American way. And he doesn't think that a national identification card is the way to go.
    The Fed and gold standard have zero to do with what happens with politics in the country. That is Congress passing laws for more government, more spending, and more taxes (or expanding the debt). Ending the Fed or going back to the gold standard won't solve anything.

I was opposed to the tax cut because it only added to our debt problem. Ron himself said he would love to be able to get rid of the income tax but that you must deal with the debt problem first or you only make that worse. Rand said any tax cuts should be offset by spending cuts but voted for increasing spending and the tax cuts as well- adding to the debt he has sometimes railed against.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-17-2018 at 05:44 PM.

Limbaugh et al say Bernie hates America. I thought you were a Republican?
    Voting a straight Republican line down the ticket is amateur hour. Only novice voters do that.

Everyone knows that swing voters are the most important voters in every election ever.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Voting a straight Republican line down the ticket is amateur hour. Only novice voters do that.

Everyone knows that swing voters are the most important voters in every election ever.
    "It saves me having to think".

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Posts favoring gun control? Links?
    Ah, yes; the old go-waste-your-time-scouring-the-forum tactic. This tactic of yours has been done plenty, but you never respond when someone does provide the link.

You just said that you are for people having a license to be armed. You can confirm or deny that right now, but you won't. You'll be off to the next big thread.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 06-18-2018 at 10:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

I did NOT vote for Trump (or anyone else) in 2016, favoring a position of withholding my consent to the legitimacy of a deeply corrupt election system.

However, if the rule of law continues to be restored at this pace, I will register to vote again and once again start participating.

I voted Johnson.

Who was your presidential voting choice in 2012 and 2008? Who did you vote for in the US senate races the past several elections? Who was your district choice for US Congress the past several elections?

I know you won't be giving an honest answer here either. You'll be off to the next big thread. I guarantee it.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Matt Collins, Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Doctor Rand Paul are my choices over Donald Trump,
    assuming he is still POTUS running in 2019. If I can think of anyone who wants to run against
    Thah Donald despite or because of the total drubbing he gave Marco Rubio, then name them to
    me. I want to keep my options open. Even if Mike Pence runs against him, if it came down to a
    choice between the two of them, i'd go aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarg and then go off to vote dutifully.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Ah, yes; the old go-waste-your-time-scouring-the-forum tactic. This tactic of yours has been done plenty, but you never respond when someone does provide the link.
    I totally agree. It's not worth arguing. 2+2=4 and Zippy's posts are almost always in agreement with the Democratic Party Line. Just recently Zippy was arguing that taking money from the rich and giving it to the poor leads to economic growth. I don't remember hearing that from Gary Johnson.

Bernie can't win either bro.
    Today, no. But if the economy finally collapses from the weight of the accumulated debt, which is still a really good probability, a far left candidate will probably win.

Remember it's been 10 years since the last recession. We're way overdue and the next one is almost certainly going to be worse than the last one based on the fundamentals.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I totally agree. It's not worth arguing. 2+2=4 and Zippy's posts are almost always in agreement with the Democratic Party Line. Just recently Zippy was arguing that taking money from the rich and giving it to the poor leads to economic growth. I don't remember hearing that from Gary Johnson.
    What I said was "if you wanted to cut taxes to spur economic growth" you are better off giving money to poorer people than rich since people at lower incomes are more likely to spend it while the rich are more likely to put it away someplace like purchasing stocks.

What I said was "if you wanted to cut taxes to spur economic growth" you are better off giving money to poorer people than rich since people at lower incomes are more likely to spend it while the rich are more likely to put it away someplace like purchasing stocks.
    And this:

"Trump cuts (like Bush cuts) went mostly to the wealthy so will have limited impact on stimulating the economy and expanding the tax base and thus tax revenues."

I rest my case.

Are you in favor of progressive taxation?
    Last edited by Madison320; 06-18-2018 at 01:18 PM.

And this:

"Trump cuts (like Bush cuts) went mostly to the wealthy so will have limited impact on stimulating the economy and expanding the tax base and thus tax revenues."

I rest my case.
    I didn't say we should do it, I just said that if your goal was stimulation, that would be a better way to go about it. The tax cuts were sold as benefiting the average American but instead they benefited only the wealthy and added to the debt problem. I was against the Trump cuts because they will increase our debt plus the economy doesn't need any stimulation these days. That will only lead to more price inflation at this point.

That quote was trying to explain that tax cuts don't lead to higher tax revenues for the government.

Rand said the tax cuts should be offset by spending cuts to avoid increasing the debt but the spending wasn't cut and he voted for the tax cuts anyways.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-18-2018 at 01:23 PM.

Just curious about the temperature now.
    No. Mainly because he's proven to be a big government spender.

Also I hate the way he flipped on interest rates and economic data. As a candidate he said he was against cheap money, now he likes it and appointed a dove as Fed Chairman. As a candidate he said the economic data like unemployment was fake. Now he touts it as a success. Plus he lies his ass off about economic growth being the greatest ever. All the numbers are basically the same as they were under Obama.

I didn't say we should do it, I just said that if your goal was stimulation, that would be a better way to go about it. The tax cuts were sold as benefiting the average American but instead they benefited only the wealthy and added to the debt problem. I was against the Trump cuts because they will increase our debt plus the economy doesn't need any stimulation these days. That will only lead to more price inflation at this point.

That quote was trying to explain that tax cuts don't lead to higher tax revenues for the government.

Rand said the tax cuts should be offset by spending cuts to avoid increasing the debt but the spending wasn't cut and he voted for the tax cuts anyways.
    Are you against progressive taxation?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A lot of people haven't voted yet in this poll. You know who you are. Vote!

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

You just said that you are for people having a license to be armed. You can confirm or deny that right now, but you won't. You'll be off to the next big thread.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burd...f_(philosophy)
    Amash>Trump

I apologize for not getting you your sticker right when you voted. It is your birth right as an American to have "I voted" stickers. That being said, I don't think stickers are enough to get people voting on this one. We need to tell them that this is the most important election in the lifetime of this forum. Please ask all your friends to vote.
    Amash>Trump

The only way I'd vote for trump in 2020 is if he put hillary behind bars in 2018/2019. He's still got time.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

It's been done repeatedly. By your own acknowledgement--you missed it.

I oppose any licensing and any licensing fees . Those are acts are against the people and God .
    Do something Danke

Today, no. But if the economy finally collapses from the weight of the accumulated debt, which is still a really good probability, a far left candidate will probably win.

Remember it's been 10 years since the last recession. We're way overdue and the next one is almost certainly going to be worse than the last one based on the fundamentals.
    If it is worse than last there will be flailing and gnashing of teeth in the large welfare city state vassals . Possibly cannibalism .
    Do something Danke

When I was younger , dems in Philly and Cleaveland got to vote two or three times . Themselves and the departed .

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I didn't vote for Trump the first time but if I do in 2020, it'll be strictly for entertainment purposes.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

On the surface, this poll fragments the anti~Trump impulse into three seperate boxes,
    it consolidates his support into one easy box. Right now, things are 7 to 5 as we try to
    find ways of constructively voicing our displeasure. He often is a fascist when he thinks.

Not enough options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Oh $#@!, I accidentally voted. Mine doesn't count. I was just rtying to see if The Texan got to vote more than once. Plus, I've been drinking tonight. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast