Thread: Paul needs to stay away from some words....

Paul needs to stay away from some words....

Such as Cuba and inflation tax.

Majority of people don't understand these things...
    PaulItForward.com - needs ideas!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He should be pushing legalizing industrial hemp
    We are the Sons Of Liberty http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_Liberty. Welcome to the Revolution.

“We have allowed our nation to be over-taxed, and over-regulated, and over-run by bureaucrats. The founders would be ashamed of us for what we are putting up with.”
    Presidential Candidate Ron Paul. Ames, Iowa Straw Poll Speech 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Bruiser View Post
    He should be pushing legalizing industrial hemp
    I have to respectfully disagree on the basis that too few people understand (sadly) the difference between Hemp and Marijuana thinking that they are synonymous.

While I can personally say that both should be legal, let's be honest that the ignorant masses will think Hemp ='s Legal Drugs and have a negative emotional only based reaction.

haha i think that's a joke.

again, its the message, not the way he speaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Such as Cuba and inflation tax.

Majority of people don't understand these things...
    The inflation tax caused by our $#@!ed up monetary system is exactly what the majority of people need to understand. They aren't going to if he doesn't talk about it. All other issues are almost irrelevant if we don't change our monetary system. It's the root cause of most of our country's other problems.

As Henry Ford once said, "It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."

I love RP, but he could use a speech coach...ROFL at Alan Keyes! I agree, MOST people watching probably don't understand what the "inflation tax" is and it probably goes right over their heads.
    Last edited by coffeewithchess; 12-12-2007 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirknb@hotmail.com View Post
    The inflation tax caused by our $#@!ed up monetary system is exactly what the majority of people need to understand. They aren't going to if he doesn't talk about it. All other issues are almost irrelevant if we don't change our monetary system. It's the root cause of most of our country's other problems.

As Henry Ford once said, "It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."
    The problem is he is NOT explaing "inflation tax" in terms understandable to the average american.

He mentions it and then says its bad, but he doesn't make it palpable to the public. They don't get it and they view him as esoteric because of it.

If you can't come up with an example from the current (dollar vs. euro, gold and oil prices) then MAKE ONE UP.

"If we allow this tax to continue, soon you will paying TWICE as much for groceries and your hard earned savings will be worth HALF as much."

Just plant the idea in their head that real wealth slips away due to inflation.

Tell them real numbers, tell them "There are a trillion dollars in circulation, and in the past 6 months alone, to bail out their financial backers on wallstreet - Citigroup, Bank Of America, Morgan Chase -- the Fed has printed 100 BILLION new dollars. THEY HAVE STOLEN TEN PERCENT OF YOUR WEALTH IN 6 MONTHS!"

MAKE IT UNDERSTANDABLE, RON!

Sorry, but he's the only one that adding anything to the conversation. I think if people don't know what the inflation tax is they will be intrigued as to why it is being talked about. What is he supposed to do, parrot what the other candidates are saying? Then it doesn't make him look original. I'm sure there are better ways to answer and I would love to see him mention something about the others adopting his views.
    Want to help Dr. Paul's campaign? Canvass! Learn how at http://www.ronpaulreveres.com/
    Want to coordinate your canvassing? Become a Precinct Leader! http://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/
    Rough Draft: Final Notice of Fiscal Burden
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=92802
    JPEG Graphic of Final Notice of Fiscal Burden http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=96659

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by greendiseaser View Post
    The problem is he is NOT explaing "inflation tax" in terms understandable to the average american.

He mentions it and then says its bad, but he doesn't make it palpable to the public. They don't get it and they view him as esoteric because of it.

If you can't come up with an example from the current (dollar vs. euro, gold and oil prices) then MAKE ONE UP.

"If we allow this tax to continue, soon you will paying TWICE as much for groceries and your hard earned savings will be worth HALF as much."

Tell them real numbers, tell them "There are a trillion dollars in circulation, and in the past 6 months alone, to bail out their financial backers on wallstreet - Citigroup, Bank Of America, Morgan Chase -- the Fed has printed 100 BILLION new dollars. THEY HAVE STOLEN TEN PERCENT OF YOUR WEALTH IN 6 MONTHS!"

30 seconds what do you want him to say?

I agree! He needs a speech coach.

Quote Originally Posted by conner_condor View Post
    30 seconds what do you want him to say?
    "I think the worst tax is the inflation tax. Did you know the Federal Reserve is privately owned by the same banks that are in trouble right now? The American public needs to know about this, and needs to get MAD! Banks like Citibank operate wrecklessly under the assumption that the Federal reserve (which they literaly own) will bail them out. Lowering the interest rate, 'adding liquidity', both just mean printing more money. When the Fed prints more money, YOUR money loses value. This is a scam, out and out, and robs the average american of real wealth."

I just spoke that slooowly and came in at 22 seconds.
    Its not perfect, but it shows that you can CLEARLY explain in REAL terms what "inflation tax" means. Just make them understand whta it fundamentaly is and how the scheme is played out!

I think he needs to address it in his TV and radio commercials.

"I think the worst tax is the inflation tax. Did you know the Federal Reserve is privately owned by the same banks that are in trouble right now? The American public needs to know about this, and needs to get MAD! Banks like Citibank operate wrecklessly under the assumption that the Federal reserve (which they literaly own) will bail them out. Lowering the interest rate, 'adding liquidity', both just mean printing more money. When the Fed prints more money, YOUR money loses value. This is a scam, out and out, and robs the average american of real wealth."

I just spoke that slooowly and came in at 22 seconds.
    Its not perfect, but it shows that you can CLEARLY explain in REAL terms what "inflation tax" means. Just make them understand whta it fundamentaly is and how the scheme is played out!
    He definitely needs to explain the issue more.

Huck just said he wants to be POTUS of all the states.. LMAO